Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2012, 22:35   #16
BHPian

Sadly, even Peugeot doesn't make cars like the legendary 504 (car of yesteryear's Bollywood stars), the 505, 309 or 405. The last in that line was the 406. One sincerely hopes that the upcoming 306 that Peugeot wants to launch in India is a worthy competitor to present day sedans and has a good Diesel engine. I guess the only car that presently matches the older Peugeots is the Renault Fluence with is out of the norm styling and great ride and handling. However, it's let down by an underwhelming engine.
Old 20th October 2012, 15:09   #17

Re: Any Peugeot owners - please share experience

The first (new) car I ever bought was the PAL Peugeot 309 GL when it was launched. The car rode and handled like a dream; comfortably seated five adults, but was let down by PAL's (in)famous A**. I remember, the AC in our car would cut off - magically and automatically - beyond a certain rpm; and I am not even talking about high revs. Annoyingly, and frustratingly, the service guys never set it right in all the time she was with us. Kept her for 20 months - and 21,000 km on the odo - before selling her.
Old 6th May 2013, 05:39   #18
BHPian

Re: Any Peugeot owners - please share experience

504, 205, 405, 406, 305, 306, all good Peugeots. I have driven them all and owned a couple. The Simca-designed 306 was a brilliant little car too. But models since then have been very poor. The 1.9 turbo diesel is legendary for its refinement - and also its difficulty in working on.

Citroen's hydraulic suspension was grafted onto the Peugeot cars which it was badge-engineering from the 1980s, such as the BX, Xantia and XM. (The Xsara btw was always steel-sprung). Citroen's own design of car from before the Peugeot buyout - the GS, CX, DS were of an entirely different engineering quality; values reflect this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks