Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 18:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
What I was expecting though was a definite improvement over Getz petrol which is a peace of junk imo (sorry to all Getz petrol owner, just my biased opinion).
Now thats what I call honesty!
Old 30th December 2008, 19:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I went till 60 kmph
60kmph in showroom yard ?

Care to let us know the dealership you 'fake test driven' the car??
Old 30th December 2008, 20:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

thanks for this brief review - but who is Ninja ?
Old 4th January 2009, 04:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I was wondering the same thing!!??
Old 4th January 2009, 14:01   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
I was wondering the same thing!!??

A Ninja was traditionally a Japanese warrior trained in parallel streams of warfare such as black ops - espionage/assassinations etc. Now since Hyundai cannot sell these human warriors legally, I'm guessing the thread starter attributed the lethal characteristics of a Ninja to the new i20 !!

Last edited by theMAG : 4th January 2009 at 14:02.
Old 4th January 2009, 14:33   #21
BHPian

ummm..the cars faaar from being associated with a ninja.but it is a germanic korean though.Just drove the car in the worst of pune traffic through the lovely expressway into the suburbs of mumbai.
Here's what i think!!
A very handome design to start with - proportional,curvy and a right mix of conventional and modern lines
Brilliant Interiors
Quality of materials is just fantastic
The most spacious car in its class.
Ride quality is again brilliant for a hatch
185 apollo acceleres grip hard
High speed stability was good but entering the first tight corner towards lonavla bought the soft suspension into play with the car wallowing a little,but its nothing tht scares you.The Swift feels better.
Out on the neverending straights of the expressway, my friend in the Swift Dzire diesel shot past me at 110 km/h.i decide to play catch up butttt, the 1.2 kappa unit is already loosing its breath past a 120 kays.and the needle went into slo-motion by the time i hit 140.the heavier weight of the i20 has taken toll on the chotu 1.2 litre unit which feels perfect in the i10.
As a family hatch around town the i20 is wayy better than the swift/getz/u-va/vista.but with the high price tag and the small engine, the SWIFT still gets the better of it!

Last edited by balenopower : 4th January 2009 at 14:39.
Old 4th January 2009, 16:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
1) Quality of materials is just fantastic
2) The most spacious car in its class.
3) Ride quality is again brilliant for a hatch

4) the 1.2 kappa unit is already loosing its breath past a 120 kays.and the needle went into slo-motion by the time i hit 140.the heavier weight of the i20 has taken toll on the chotu 1.2 litre unit which feels perfect in the i10.

5) As a family hatch around town the i20 is wayy better than the swift/getz/u-va/vista.but with the high price tag and the small engine, the SWIFT still gets the better of it!

1,2 and 3) Considering the pricing of I20, I think Fabia can come into play. And for all these points, Fabia is better than I20.

4) This is the biggest drawback of this car. Already the I10 with 1.2 was about perfect. 1.2 Kappa cannot take load of a car that is much heavier than I10. And I20 is heavier than Swift also.

5) Again considering the pricing of I20, Fabia comes into play and it is better than I20. They have got wrong on pricing and engine. And I am sure they will be coming up with the 1.4 like they did in I10, but in case of both 1.1 and 1.2 I10, the motors were less than 1.2 ltr, so they were priced closely as they attracted less duty. In case of I20, this will not happen because the larger 1.4 will attract more duty so they wont be so closely spaced and then Fabia will be a tough competetion.

To top it all, a very honest review.
Old 4th January 2009, 18:33   #23
BHPian

The Fabia 1.2 petrol starts at around 5.11 lakh.With 70 PS and weighing more than any other hatch, the car is plain lethargic and the fuel efficiency is nothing to write home about either.i would say the i20 becomes value for money IF AND ONLY compared to the Fabia
Old 5th January 2009, 10:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
The Fabia 1.2 petrol starts at around 5.11 lakh.With 70 PS and weighing more than any other hatch, the car is plain lethargic and the fuel efficiency is nothing to write home about either.i would say the i20 becomes value for money IF AND ONLY compared to the Fabia
You can also add the exorbitant prices of those accessories/spares and their legendary A.S.S. in case of Fabia. Car ownership is not just about buying it but maintaining it as wellcheers:
Old 8th January 2009, 09:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from the dealer for a full blown test drive.... check here for updates and pics.
Old 8th January 2009, 09:22   #26
Team-BHP Support

Please do a normal test dirve. We are all getting tired of ripped test drives.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

Here is another comprehensive test drive report. I guess pricing and engine make it a sour deal. Else Hyundai could have had a winner in their hands. With over 15 seconds to a hundred, the car leaves a sour taste for most enthuasists in this forum. If only Hyundai could plonk the Getz diesel heart or bring in the new 1.4 ltr CRDI, things would be different. But than going with the prices of i20 1.2 kappa, the Diesel would be going in the new Honda City territory, a car which is a segment higher....

To sum it all up, another dud in the market!

Last edited by aseem : 8th January 2009 at 10:50.
Old 8th January 2009, 19:55   #28
BHPian

Most people who buy the i20 will not be after the 0-100 timings. They will be looking at the space offered, the comfort, features and good looks and fuel efficiency. Hardly anyone apart from the enthus look out for sheer acceleration and that segment is not targetted by the i20.

Its for these reason that I think that Hyundai has got the i20 into India and for the features it offers, I feel the price is also OK. Would have been better though, if they priced it alongside or a wee bit higher than Swift, and they could have crushed the competition.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:44   #29
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Most people who buy the i20 will not be after the 0-100 timings. They will be looking at the space offered, the comfort, features and good looks and fuel efficiency. Hardly anyone apart from the enthus look out for sheer acceleration and that segment is not targetted by the i20.

Its for these reason that I think that Hyundai has got the i20 into India and for the features it offers, I feel the price is also OK. Would have been better though, if they priced it alongside or a wee bit higher than Swift, and they could have crushed the competition.
yup, but dont you think more people (the ones who care about 0-100) would buy the car, if it has a better engine?
Old 9th January 2009, 17:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
yup, but dont you think more people (the ones who care about 0-100) would buy the car, if it has a better engine?
That would also come (just like i10). Wait a few months if you want bigger engine.

Most Viewed