Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 19:56   #76
BHPian

i think the doors cannot hold co-axials. you might have to go for components.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:05   #77
Senior - BHPian

takes 5"ers. comps or coax should do fine
Old 14th January 2009, 18:51   #78
BHPian

Thanks for your reply. I think Vista can accomodate 5" spkrs. But which model I should go for. One of ICE vendor said that go for Sony xPlod XS-GTF1325B . These are 2 way coaxials. He said that it has very good thump. Any body using these speakers. I am little bit suspicious about xplod sound quality. But he assured me that I would love these speakers.

Please suggest some better models.
Old 15th January 2009, 10:10   #79
BHPian

i would never recommend Sony speakers or HUs. Pioneer, JBL and Blaupunkt are much better in sound quality as well as "thump".
Old 16th January 2009, 11:43   #80
BHPian

Incredible pc of news

guyz this is unbeleivable. I am stunned- well literally, with this article.

I'll be leaving for a week long business trip next week. I'll drive Pune-Blore-Chenna-Blore-Pune in my Vista QJD. Considering my car's pitting for the first time tomorrow, I am getting goosebumps thinking about the FE my lovely will return me. I am not dis-appointed till date. I have extracted a best of 15.92 (TF-TF; all city use with AC use 95%). Hope it improves after tomorrow.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Logan_Mileage.pdf (921.3 KB, 1170 views)
Old 16th January 2009, 13:57   #81
BHPian

Brilliant Article...

I found this in the article
...Shift into the right gear at the right
time. If you have a tachometer, upshift
whenever the needle is between 2300 and
2500rpm. For downshifting, first apply the
brakes until you see the rev needle drop
below 2000rpm and then drop a gear....

What do you guys think? Should this be followed for all diesel cars?

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 19th January 2009, 11:15   #82
BHPian

I am through my first servicing now, 1400 kms on the odo and feel happy to push my car a lil bit more and try some antics. The car definitely lacks the composure while cutting corners, unlike the swift. Swift's awesome in this department.
About the FE I am surely getting very decent figures. I'll start for a week long 2k drive tomorrow and should be able to get the absolute figures post tour. Today morning I saw the advertisment (TOI) of Vista QJD claiming 20.xx kmpl. I hope I get the same figure or better.

Will post a detailed report of my first servicing experience, and performance report next sunday.

Stay tuned!
Old 21st January 2009, 23:21   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal2202 View Post
Today morning I saw the advertisment (TOI) of Vista QJD claiming 20.xx kmpl. I hope I get the same figure or better.
never go by the FE claims of the Ads or the dealers
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:34   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
never go by the FE claims of the Ads or the dealers
CAD, I think he is referring to the manufacturer or ARAI certified FE that was achieved. I have seen these values since last week for the Vista ads, much like what Maruti tom toms about for the A*
Old 29th January 2009, 16:39   #85
BHPian

My Indica Vista just got its first service done.

Mileage Figures(Running before the first service):
Mixed - 16 kmpl
City only - 15.4 kmpl
Highway run(700 km stretch) - 20 kmpl
Old 5th February 2009, 11:03   #86
BHPian

Vista qjd- 3000 km and 1 month drive report

my work and the recession had keep me a lil bit busy off late. I have gone through few posts on the forum about this machine and can note many of us have common problems to share. I wonder whats wrong with the workman ship for electrical at the left side of the car esp. with the power window out there. I also notice some assymetrical discrepancies in the car, the snaps of which I will post shortly.

On the performance side, I would like to summarize the details as below.

Record 01- Pune-Panchgani-Mahabaleshwar-Pune Total 276 kms.
City driving- 160 kms (considering Panchgani-Mahab driving as city driving) rest on highway.
I derived a FE of 16.25 kmpl (TF-TF) with 100% a/c use and used HP's Turbojet.
Positives- I covered most of the Khambatki ghat (climbing) at the 4th and 5th gear. It was just once I downshifted to 3rd at a very sharp left turn coz of a truck ahead of me.
While climbing the panchgani-mahab ghat I rarely ever downshifted to the second gear. That's diesel driving folks. And this Fiat engine is a wonder. the happy drivability made me research some other diesel cars and I have summarized the torque/tonnes of other vehicles below.

Swift DDiS= 176 Nm/tonne
Scorpio2.6L SLX= 135.63
Vista qjd= 166.67
Octavia1.0 tdi= 155.55
Palio mjd= 185.85
Safari 2.2 dicor= 156.86
Ford Fusion tcdi= 144.35
Innova V (2.5)= 125.78

i sure enjoyed the happy driving. Alright the data above is based on kerb weight basis and the performance may vary with ppls seating in it. I drew the comparison just for the estimate sake.

Record 2: Pune-Pimpri-Pune-Mumbai-Pune
FE=18.66 kmpl (TF-TF) 100% a/c- 45% city, 55% highway (approx)
I tried to reach the top speed thrice on way to Mumbai and can confidently claim that the top speed attainable by a vista is a disappointing 155 kmph. I expected more. A lil bit help from the incline did push the speed to 160 kmph. and then i had to brake coz of traffic.
i dont wanna draw any flak from the forum and im just putting my findings for the sake of records and assist future discussions.

i read in the manual about the cruise driving parameters set in the ECU. I tried using that and maintained a cruise speed of 120 while returning from Mumbai. I should have got better figures had I resisted my instincts a lil bit more.

Additionally I got serious problems with the dealership as the roof rails i ordered for and have already made a payment is still not installed on my machine. Being from the same industry i can assume that Tata Motors have got serious problems with their vendors as they are not able to pay their vendors timely and aint drawing enough support.

keep hooked in for more developements and finding. I'll post some new pics shortly.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:27   #87
Senior - BHPian

Kunal when you braked at 160kmph how confidence inspiring were the brakes?
In my TD i didn't find brakes confidence aspiring and i went only till 100.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:40   #88
BHPian

ya that's a point i missed. Well quite honestly, on the express way i didnt feel too much of a problem as it was not to busy.

I do believe the brakes are not the best you would like to have. I felt with the huge torque and momentum that the vehicle carries the braking forces is not matched up properly. in the city traffic, when ever i hit the peak torque in 5th gear which leads to 80 kmph and have to brake suddenly coz of some obstruction, i find it difficult to control the vehicle. I invariably had to manipuate the steering as i couldn't brake to dead 0 in the st. line without avoiding skiding.

Like i mentioned in the first few lines i didn't feel any scare on the express way (esp. coz of low traffic) but i had problems on the bangalore highway while going to and coming back from Mahabaleshwar. coz of heavy traffic and narrower roads the peak speed i could manage was 140 kmph. i maintained a cruise speed of 100-120 kmph and didnt dare to cross that. i had to take especial care while coming down the ghats.

alright, like i said the braking doesn't match up with the momentum the vehicle carries, is substantiated by the fact that the car tends to skid a lil bit on hitting the pedals (even if intermitently) at high speeds. i think im not able to express what exactly i mean here. you'll have to feel it with me to understand if u haven't experienced it urself.

Last edited by kunal2202 : 5th February 2009 at 17:41.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:05   #89
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal2202 View Post
is substantiated by the fact that the car tends to skid a lil bit on hitting the pedals (even if intermitently) at high speeds.
It just can't be normal. A Viva CRDi I had earlier used to skid even with a light touch on the brakes. Finally it turned out to be misalignment of rear wheels.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

I know what you mean and thats why i think ABS should be there mandatory in cars like Swift Vdi/Getz crdi and Vista. Sadly even though Swift gives the option they dont supply on time.

Most Viewed