Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 11:05   #1
BHPian

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms

Twas 26th. Had taken a sick leave. My throat was burning and i was barely able to speak. Even had fever. was on pills, dose of antibiotics, pain killer and germicide gargles. 1330 hrs. Deep in sleep. snoring. my cellphone rang. Gosh i hated that. "who the hell? oh, the salesman from BU Bhandari. what crap is he gonna give me now for delaying the dely. scheduled on 29th- my wife's happy wala budday!" to my shock he said, "sir im sorry to disturb you but your car is almost ready. The only work pending is the roof rail which we dont have in stock at the moment. It'll take a weeks time to get them. would you like to take your car... em today?" " will be there in half an hour dude!" woopieeeeee, off the bed I was, literally, wore my not so clean jeans, torn T and left in a jiffy. Took my pulsar which has been in shambles for some time now- sans rear brakes. But who cares. And was I sick? well dont recall any more. since then ive spent most of my time with my wife sautan- as she call it.

At the showroom, the salesman was ready with the keys and a box of chocolates.....and yes, also with the scratch card. My was was desperate to win a sumo grande or a vista. It turned out to be Tata walky. who cares. my beauty was ready. I paid the balance amount for the accessories, did a total PDC, a small pooja, tipped the showroom helper and aaaaahhhhh the car's all mine. wo ho wo ho wo ho ho ho...ho!

My life has changed. Diesel rocks and this engine is a wonder. it's been four days now and I have done 450 kms. Two days back I took my car to the Kothari Showroom (of the maruti suzuki fame) in Vimannagar and explained all the sales guyz and managers why i decided to go for vista over swift. Well swift had been my eternal favourite, and twas almost a last minute call. I spent almost 3 months to decide which car i'll be driving in 2009. Naya saal, meri nayi maal!

i got a tankful done on 27th and have driven almost 300 kms since then. I expect to get another tankful done tomorrow and would post my pre-1st service- FE figure on the first day of the year two thousand and nine.

Well, i do not regret my decision to go with Tatas but there were a couple of issues that have started troubling me.
1. Front left fog lamp not lighting.
2. Front left window motor making irritating noise. moreover the window's not closing completely.
this makes me wonder- could there be any wiring issues for the left side?
3. interior fiting loosened up....again on the left side. will post picture of it soon.

all this doesnt undermine the wonder of powertrain that has been installed. I had taken few test drives before finalizing but all the nitty grities have been satisfied. The car handles beautifully in traffic and there is so much already posted here in TBHP that i wont differ much. But one things for sure. Swift have put together a better performing car- peppier.

of course therez more to come about the performance and I am concluding now with some pics of my car.

I have also seen this question many a times on this forum. which car to go for TDI or QJD. well if u have the budget go for qjd. this is the future engine guyz.

For those who havent followed my earlier threads, it an Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet- Gala Red color.

I know a person is characterized by the kind of shoes he wears but believe me I have serious budget constraints and it'll take me some time to upgrade the wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0094.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0095.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0096.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0100.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0099.jpg  

Old 30th December 2008, 12:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats cheers: and Nice Color too.
Please upload some interior snaps.
Old 30th December 2008, 12:48   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats cheers: and Nice Color too.
Please upload some interior snaps.
yes karhik, they are coming soon.
Old 30th December 2008, 12:56   #4
BHPian

Congratulations mate, nice colour.

So what were the initial FE figures you got when you got tank full done for the second time.
Old 30th December 2008, 12:59   #5
BHPian

thats my rockstar betu. he never sits quietly alone. this is the first time. I even locked him inside but not a drop of tear. must have been so happy. and he is just 8 months old.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0087.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0093.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0090.jpg  

Old 30th December 2008, 12:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratlations!
Regarding the issues, I think they will ( they must ) fix it free of cost. Pay a visit if required.
Would love to hear more about cabin insulation like how is engine noise inside cabin, does outside noise enter the cabin in disturbing manner, tyre noise, etc.
In another thread, people have appreciated Vista for good sound insulation from engine noise and hence asking you question about general noise insulation of cabin.
Were any freebies offered ?
Old 30th December 2008, 13:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Good choice. What did the MSIL showroom guys say when you took the Vista to their doorstep? Hopefully, the issues you have mentioned would be sorted out once you take the vehicle to the dealership. Just a small suggestion...take some more pics of the car in a good location nicely lit from all sides (the light has to be even on all sides). Currently, the background looks brighter than the car itself. It is taking out the beauty of the car and the colour of the car.
Old 30th December 2008, 13:08   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Congratlations!
Regarding the issues, I think they will ( they must ) fix it free of cost. Pay a visit if required.
Would love to hear more about cabin insulation like how is engine noise inside cabin, does outside noise enter the cabin in disturbing manner, tyre noise, etc.
In another thread, people have appreciated Vista for good sound insulation from engine noise and hence asking you question about general noise insulation of cabin.
Were any freebies offered ?
Okay, i didn't mentione these aspects so elaborately but as every one else have already mentioned this. Insulation is superb. Brand new car had no noise coming in what so ever initially. but being diesel and already driven 400 kms, now there is a feeble engine sound leaking in. Thats not a cause of worry anyhow. theres no vibration coming in at all whatsoever. the car calls for the first servicing and hope the sound will settle down even more. Gearbox is a revelation. I didnt find it to responsive during my test drive but i believe it was the badly handled test car to be blamed. I got some problem with the window mirror and its not closing completely. therez a small gap getting left open. thats the reson some external noise is leaking in too. was not the case on day 1 though. will get the problems fixed this week end. already spoken to the dealer.
im leaving for lunch. will continue about the cost breakup, wheel and tyre, freebies, accessories etc in my further posts.
gimmi a couple of hrs. to et back.
so long
Old 30th December 2008, 13:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Congratulations mate, nice colour.

So what were the initial FE figures you got when you got tank full done for the second time.
getting the tankful done tomorrow mate. will post FE the figure asap. already drive 300kms on first tank ful. and i guess (from the fuel indicator) that im still left with a lil more than half tank.

will get back with more posts in a short while.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:14   #10
BHPian

Congrats Kunal on your new car, do let us know on your initial driving exp & pls upload some pics of interiors and as suggested make sure you take it at the wright place
Old 30th December 2008, 14:24   #11
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Start rocking and wish you safe driving
Old 30th December 2008, 14:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Good choice. What did the MSIL showroom guys say when you took the Vista to their doorstep? Hopefully, the issues you have mentioned would be sorted out once you take the vehicle to the dealership. Just a small suggestion...take some more pics of the car in a good location nicely lit from all sides (the light has to be even on all sides). Currently, the background looks brighter than the car itself. It is taking out the beauty of the car and the colour of the car.
ya, you are absolutely right. I was so excited and in a hurry to post on TBHP that i just shot it in front of my apartment and with my mobile cam. i have requested a high resolution am from my frnd. I will wash my car and take better pic in better condition. i am also desperate to post some night pics with that not to talked about batman looks that really killed me. That night look did make a difference while choosing the car.

About the MSIL show room--foof what an experience. i called out the sales guy to show my car. he brought a couple of other colleagues. they saw the car, liked what the car has to offer. everyone knows these guyz go bonkers when it comes to technicalities so they would hardly know anything about the difference when it comes to performance between swift, palio or vista. i was just about to bid farewell to all when one of them had some adventure in mind. he asked me to wait and called his sales manager (sunil) to show him the car. now that manager was a dude and knew the car pretty well. he himself chose vista over swift. best was, hadly 10 minutes must have passed since this guy came and my car drew a parking ticket. poor sunil bore the amout of parking ticket. and charged that to the showroom towards some misc expenses.

i was so happy that Kothari had to pay to see my car.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:45   #13
BHPian

hey! congrats! one more gala red vista QJD!!! cheers:

get those bugs fixed at the earliest (dont wait for the first service). enjoy miles of great driving and remember the speed limits in the run-in period.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car, Kunal. Happy driving.
Old 30th December 2008, 15:00   #15
BHPian

wow! congrats kunal ! your write up sure shows the excitement one goes through when you get that call from the showroom folks asking to come over...

i just love the gloss man ,makes it perfect for a chamku washing powder advertisement.

Most Viewed