Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:12   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

@mayayi: it is the same in the BMW's as well. It is not exactly a button but more like a fake ceiling, when pushed harder, goes further and shoves u in the seat.
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Diki.
Nice review.

Quote:
i cant view the pics?
Same here ,have they been removed ?
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:24   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@mayayi: it is the same in the BMW's as well. It is not exactly a button but more like a fake ceiling, when pushed harder, goes further and shoves u in the seat.
Every automatic car has to have one or it would be impossible to overtake in one.
Old 2nd January 2009, 19:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nice report buddy

Even i Cant view the pics.
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:27   #35
BHPian

I am having problems seeing the pictures. The don't load!

nice write up.. congrats on the beauty
Old 3rd January 2009, 00:11   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

@sahil, what I meant was that in the Merc and the BMW, there is a something like a button, which when you completely floor the accelerator, downshifts the gears. this isn't there in the other cars like the camry, though they also downshift when u completely floor it.
Old 3rd January 2009, 08:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

That switch is a dud actually.

In older cars where A/Ts where mostly mechanical, the kickdown mode was actuated by a little switch at the floor. In modern A/Ts which are all electronically controlled, this isn't required as the electronic throttle does the job of activating kickdown. However, people liked the old switch and the feeling it provided, so its still put there.
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:29   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
exactly. The Merc and the BMW still downshift if required but it just feels better with the switch.
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Nice note, Dikki! A simple and straight review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer80 View Post
I am having problems seeing the pictures. The don't load!...
Same here; even I am not able to view the pictures!

And about the AT, the switch that is being to referred to is the overdrive switch. Engaging this will down shift the gear and vehicle will shift at a higher RPM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 16:24   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Firstly, I am glad to hear that your sensor issue got sorted out. You must be relieved.

Congrats on the 320i! For someone who'd have gotten used to the sharp handling & communicative Ikon, I can't think of a better (+ more expensive) upgrade than the 3 chassis! That's a very realistic review if I ever saw one. You have a uniquely amusing style of communicating (in a good way).....enjoyable read.

Quote:
Just My 0.0002$$: I spent almost 4 months researching the cars and concluded that no car, no matter what segment will give you everything. You have arrive at your basic needs and figure out which one is the optimal bet. It boils down to Needs Vs Wants vs good-to-haves.
Very true. No car is perfect. What matters is, which car suits your wants / needs the most.

Quote:
It feels so obedient and sincere in its actions and follows every command like a Samurai disciple.
Quote:
My security guy watches me in amusement everyday on why I have to use both my hands to steer, almost like a truck,
Quote:
Another Big point is Unprecedented Female attention. Wish i had got this 5 years back but then such is Life.
Quote:
Never go near a State transport bus with the roof open. Our Indian brothers consider SPITTING as one of their fundamental and constitutional rights.
Classic!

Quote:
I wonder why Merc decided to take it out of new C class. Unbelievably new C doesn’t have electric Retract.
Typical Mercedes penny-pinching. Shocking not only due to the price of the C Class, but also because the previous generation had power retract as standard. Merc will release this in their facelift model.

If you haven't already, cut a cheque for the BMW BSI+R plan. And don't forget to high-revv the life out of your BMW. That's what she has been built for.

Note: Would you please email the same pictures across to my account? I will have them uploaded to your original post. Some error seems to occured.
Old 3rd January 2009, 17:34   #41
BHPian

Thanks GTO, yeah i have sent you the pictures (with some extra unseen footage, :-))

Thanks everyone, i guess pictures should be up soon.
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:04   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Enjoyed reading your review - for its style and for the rare unassuming view of owning a BMW. I am also happy you consider 90KMPH a safe speed in a BMW on a highway. May your tribe flourish.

Happy new year and happy driving.
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Enjoyed reading your review - for its style and for the rare unassuming view of owning a BMW. I am also happy you consider 90KMPH a safe speed in a BMW on a highway. May your tribe flourish.

Happy new year and happy driving.
Thank you androdev.
Even under normal conditions, I doubt if i can ever go beyond 150Kmph, because of the speed governor sitting besides me . BMW tag not withstanding!
Old 3rd January 2009, 23:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Diki.
Waiting for GTO to upload d pics now.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:38   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Pics have been reloaded to the opening post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks