Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2010, 20:08   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diki24 View Post
Maybe but i doubt. I think 320i's power band ie peak power is available from 2200-5000 RPM, i guess thats when it feels thrusted. Pardon my usage of "Turbo"

No, you cant. Some higher end cars allow you to do that not for 3,C or A4.

You can. On the E46 BMW at least. In automatic transmission, double tap the accelerator. (This responds faster than completely pressing the foot on the accelerator). This will make the car shift into lower gear.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:00   #62
BHPian

What is the expected lifespan of BMW 320i (2009) Brake Pads ?

Hi Friends,
My car has started making a slight bit of squealing sound when applying brakes at certain speeds. It has run about 23K so far. Do you think that brake pads would be needing a replacement? i am not sure, so just wanted to check the experience of other owners here.

thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 16:52   #63
BHPian

Re: BMW 320i: First 10 days/700 Kms Review- Pics included

Its possible. Literally depends on your driving too, to some extent. You can try to visually examine them, or just take it to an indy to take a look at it. A dealer will suggest replacement much more earlier than required. Other thing you can do is to just wait it out, the brakes normally have a sensor, when the pad gets too low, the sensor gets activated and your dash will show a warning. The only downside to this is that you will also have to replace the sensor in this case, so an additional cost.
BTW how has the reliability on your car been so far, other than normal maintenance i.e. oil changes

Most Viewed