Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 17:34   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Well, here's my input:

- On long drives (or whenever possible) switch off the A.C. Think about installing a small revolving fan ( yup, you heard it right) in the cabin.
ROTFL! This reminded me of the MM540 with Roplas HT that my father had once.
Quote:
- Drive at a sustained top speed (STS) of 90-100 kmph on long drives. This might not go well with an aggressive driver like you but this is very simple since I've noticed that generally very few people on the roads are able to keep up a sustained speed -- they'll allow their speed to drop either due to mental fatigue, fear, poor decision-making, handling qualities of their vehicle etc.
I don't think that is possible atleast for me

One question, Can a DI Turbo do 930 Kms in 16 hours with lots of breaks?
Old 18th August 2009, 18:04   #137
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, here's my input:

- On long drives (or whenever possible) switch off the A.C. Think about installing a small revolving fan ( yup, you heard it right) in the cabin.
Isnt there a blower for this !??
Old 18th August 2009, 19:01   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Isnt there a blower for this !??
There is! But speed 1 & 2 of the blower will not be enough to keep you cool (if you're an A/C addict) and speed 3 & above creates such a racket that you'd rather switch if off and rely entirely on external airflow!
Old 18th August 2009, 19:50   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is! But speed 1 & 2 of the blower will not be enough to keep you cool (if you're an A/C addict) and speed 3 & above creates such a racket that you'd rather switch if off and rely entirely on external airflow!
Another thing to remember is that the Blower Vents at any angle do not provide direct air flow to the driver
Old 18th August 2009, 19:56   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Moreover, the Bolero blowers are so scientifically angled that you need to find the airflow path and position yourself accordingly.

Old 18th August 2009, 20:01   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
ROTFL! This reminded me of the MM540 with Roplas HT that my father had once.

I don't think that is possible atleast for me

i think yes
it may be a slouch,but its crusing ability on highways is decent
Old 20th August 2009, 12:03   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Possible Sir. We came pretty close to doing it on my DI Turbo, and I am pretty confident the vehicle can do it in under 16 hrs, with an average speed of 70 kmph, including stops etc. 14 hrs seems quite reasonable with 2 drivers, enough water and snacks. Of course, quality of roads, traffic, lighting and vehicle condition are major factors. But all things considered, it is entirely do-able. HVK would pooh-pooh my 2-driver theory and do it in 13 hrs or less, in a DI Turbo, but thats the difference between "The Transporter", and us mere mortals.

Cheers,
Old 21st August 2009, 20:14   #143
BHPian

Quote:
I also have the same problem, but the spring is there in mine. This locking happens all of a sudden. I have been living with it as I thought there might be something wrong with my braking. The entire M&M team had once checked it and rectified the other brake related problems that were there. Need to get this checked before the trip!
Tell me if the MM guys there solve the brake locking problem. Mine is much better now. Happens early morning. As the day progress it disappears

Quote:
P.s: Anybody any ideas on how to get the CRDe pick up and DI mileage from one engine?
Dream on!
Old 21st August 2009, 20:26   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

I do a lot of highway driving where putting one side on the kerb ar high speed should not deter you - the driver.

Hence booked a Storm
Congrts on the Storm. Just for your info. I had a GLX (IDI) and now a VLX (CRDe). All I can say is GLX was a better hill climber and VLX is a better highway cruiser. Am gettin similar mileage in both. 9 / 10 kmpl in city - 11 / 12 kmpl in highway on both. The present DI (SLE/ SLX) offer better mileage.

Only thing am not happy is the built quality of my VLX. It applies to SLE and SLX too. Basically the "Tough New Bolero" is not as tough as older LX/GLX series. Doors are lighter/thinner. So is the body and crumple zones. Finish of window / windscreen rubber beading not upto mark. Rust set in too early. Few of my SLX owner got their doors chaned due to rusting.

This is not acceptable from "India's No1 SUV (3 yr in a row)"

The older LX/GLX was really rugged.
Old 21st August 2009, 21:47   #145
BHPian

M2Di in the Scorpio with 70BHP would have somewhat compensated the lack of power of the DI Turbo and would have provided an engine that is much more reliable and bulletproof than the so called "technological marvel" of a CRDi and fitting to the character of the Bolero
Old 29th August 2009, 12:07   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
M2Di in the Scorpio with 70BHP would have somewhat compensated the lack of power of the DI Turbo and would have provided an engine that is much more reliable and bulletproof than the so called "technological marvel" of a CRDi and fitting to the character of the Bolero
I agree 100% with you all Bolero needed was a boost in power, just an addition to the already existing and a very good, rugged DI engine, rather than going all the way replacing the engine with a crde. The CRDE in the Bolero, your words were very appropriate, is just not its character, (just my personal opinion, CRDE folks don't pounce on me), not a JEEPY character, its more of a refined soft roader character, the true character of the Bolero is reflected either in the older IDI or the DI. That way the price would hae not escalated and the mileage would not have suffered much, and the JEEP roots would have remained.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:19   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
I agree 100% with you all Bolero needed was a boost in power, just an addition to the already existing and a very good, rugged DI engine, rather than going all the way replacing the engine with a crde. The CRDE in the Bolero, your words were very appropriate, is just not its character, (just my personal opinion, CRDE folks don't pounce on me), not a JEEPY character, its more of a refined soft roader character, the true character of the Bolero is reflected either in the older IDI or the DI. That way the price would hae not escalated and the mileage would not have suffered much, and the JEEP roots would have remained.
Well I think what M&M did was appropriate. Kept the DI Turbo engine and those who like technology, gave them the CRDe also. Calling the VLX not having Jeep Character and all is not called for here. Just like you call the VLX un-Jeep, someone can also say that the DI Turbo is tut-tut turbo engine. We have been through this already in this thread and I feel there is no need to start it again.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 29th August 2009 at 12:24.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:32   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I think what M&M did was appropriate. Kept the DI Turbo engine and those who like technology, gave them the CRDe also. Calling the VLX not having Jeep Character and all is not called for here. Just like you call the VLX un-Jeep, someone can also say that the DI Turbo is tut-tut turbo engine. We have been through this already in this thread and I feel there is no need to start it again.
A +10 to that MC. People who cant handle the unleashed bolero can always complain
Old 29th August 2009, 17:36   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Full support MC Sir. People who dont want the CRDe engine in the Bolero really do not understand how much more fun the VLX is. I have the SLX, and have driven the VLX. It is just wayyy more fun. The SLX is good in its own way (filter coffee), the VLX is simply pure adrenalin(espresso shots!).

Cheers,
Old 29th August 2009, 17:51   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Full support MC Sir. People who dont want the CRDe engine in the Bolero really do not understand how much more fun the VLX is. I have the SLX, and have driven the VLX. It is just wayyy more fun. The SLX is good in its own way (filter coffee), the VLX is simply pure adrenalin(espresso shots!).

Cheers,
i agree i so wanna plonk in that Crde with 4x4 IN MY BOLERO glx

Most Viewed