Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 19:45   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
The SLX is good in its own way (filter coffee), the VLX is simply pure adrenalin(espresso shots!).
Maybe the VLX is a double tequila shot and the SLX is gulping a glass of water sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
i agree i so wanna plonk in that Crde with 4x4 IN MY BOLERO glx
You too brutus! Well join the bandwagon. I have atleast 2 orders from this side of town. DB sir - are you there?
Old 29th August 2009, 21:40   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Maybe the VLX is a double tequila shot and the SLX is gulping a glass of water sir!
Or may be DI Turbo is like having at TASMAC shop whereas VLX may be like having an exotic mocktail in 5 star beach resort
Old 2nd September 2009, 21:52   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Or may be DI Turbo is like having at TASMAC shop whereas VLX may be like having an exotic mocktail in 5 star beach resort
Well, to each one his own, good luck CRDE'ing fellows...have your expensive mock tails, kid yourself, play with your expensive 'toy', at the end of day what makes you happy is what counts , right? Maybe i'm an old school guy, but stand n support what i believe in and what has been proven with time and countless people, the day your CRDE can claim it, i'll be happy to accept it, but maybe still not ready for your "new" technology in a basic JEEP, which is more expensive initially, more expensive to run, more complicated n simply uncalled for in a basic Vehicle, if you want all these things why buy a vehicle in this category itself? Guys, go for the HONDA CRV lol. Love the rumbling roar of the DI, in the BOLERO that is meant to be a JEEP, NO hassles, no issues, a proper rugged earthy JEEP, not meant to compete with those suckers called the soft roaders, who are a cross bred between a car and a JEEP, GOOD MOTORING fellows, enjoy whatever you have thats all i'll say, PEACE !!
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:00   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Well, to each one his own, good luck CRDE'ing fellows...have your expensive mock tails, kid yourself, play with your expensive 'toy', at the end of day what makes you happy is what counts , right?
That was meant in jest and good humour between matured fellows who understand good banter. But I guess its too greek for you.

Quote:
Maybe i'm an old school guy, but stand n support what i believe in and what has been proven with time and countless people, the day your CRDE can claim it, i'll be happy to accept it, but maybe still not ready for your "new" technology in a basic JEEP, which is more expensive initially, more expensive to run, more complicated n simply uncalled for in a basic Vehicle,
Who are you to decide what is needed and what is uncalled for. The market decides that and it has already decided that the CRDe is appreciated by buying it in decent numbers.

Quote:
if you want all these things why buy a vehicle in this category itself? Guys, go for the HONDA CRV lol. Love the rumbling roar of the DI, in the BOLERO that is meant to be a JEEP, NO hassles, no issues, a proper rugged earthy JEEP, not meant to compete with those suckers called the soft roaders, who are a cross bred between a car and a JEEP, GOOD MOTORING fellows, enjoy whatever you have thats all i'll say, PEACE !!
In the similar vein, why didn't you buy a Marshal or some other tractor as you like ruggedness in your vehicle.

One may believe in something but crying hoarse over it continuously doesn't make it a gospel for the whole world. Neither is it a sign of maturity.

You come to a thread looking to start a verbal duel and then say peace which is so superficial that it reeks of your true intent. I intentionally haven't gone into the technicalities of each model as there is no point talking reason to you.

Anyways enough of rambling from my side.

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2009, 06:11   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the similar vein, why didn't you buy a Marshal or some other tractor as you like ruggedness in your vehicle.

Why not a tractor itself!
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:35   #156
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Wow, strong words MC! I guess the whole CRDe bashing thats been a repeating theme these days is getting to you. Don't let it bother you too much Sir. You and I (and anyone who drove the VLX) know what the VLX is capable of, and what makes it a dream to drive. I guess all naysayers will be proved wrong once your Leh travelogue gets published. All the best with that, not too long now!

Cheers,

Quote:
Well, to each one his own, good luck CRDE'ing fellows...have your expensive mock tails, kid yourself, play with your expensive 'toy', at the end of day what makes you happy is what counts , right? Maybe i'm an old school guy, but stand n support what i believe in and what has been proven with time and countless people, the day your CRDE can claim it, i'll be happy to accept it, but maybe still not ready for your "new" technology in a basic JEEP, which is more expensive initially, more expensive to run, more complicated n simply uncalled for in a basic Vehicle, if you want all these things why buy a vehicle in this category itself? Guys, go for the HONDA CRV lol. Love the rumbling roar of the DI, in the BOLERO that is meant to be a JEEP, NO hassles, no issues, a proper rugged earthy JEEP, not meant to compete with those suckers called the soft roaders, who are a cross bred between a car and a JEEP, GOOD MOTORING fellows, enjoy whatever you have thats all i'll say, PEACE !!
I do not like the tone of your post at all Sir. Mocking fellow forum members for not adhering to your warped perspective may seem like fun to you, but I assure you it is not based on either facts or any data. You seem to know for sure that the VLX CRDe has loads of "hassles", "issues", isn't "rugged" enough and isn't a "proper rugged earthy JEEP", to use your own words. How did you arrive at your concrete conclusions, pray do enlighten us uninformed newbies. You may pooh pooh at "soft roaders", and call them cross breeds, but have a care man! These soft roaders have superb build quality, good stability and balance, pack a punch and can leave you stunned with a driving experience seen only in top of the line cars.

In a nutshell, tolerance is what I ask of you. Tolerate us inferior beings who crave to have comfort and performance as well as "rugged", "proper looking JEEPs". Consider us weak, pathetic sellouts as fellow motorists and allow us our decadence. Not all of us can be as hardcore as you may think you are.

Peace.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th September 2009 at 18:20. Reason: please read the note in post, thanks
Old 4th September 2009, 17:43   #157
BHPian

Quote:
I do not like the tone of your post at all Sir. Mocking fellow forum members for not adhering to your warped perspective may seem like fun to you, but I assure you it is not based on either facts or any data. You seem to know for sure that the VLX CRDe has loads of "hassles", "issues", isn't "rugged" enough and isn't a "proper rugged earthy JEEP", to use your own words. How did you arrive at your concrete conclusions, pray do enlighten us uninformed newbies. You may pooh pooh at "soft roaders", and call them cross breeds, but have a care man! These soft roaders have superb build quality, good stability and balance, pack a punch and can leave you stunned with a driving experience seen only in top of the line cars.

In a nutshell, tolerance is what I ask of you. Tolerate us inferior beings who crave to have comfort and performance as well as "rugged", "proper looking JEEPs". Consider us weak, pathetic sellouts as fellow motorists and allow us our decadence. Not all of us can be as hardcore as you may think you are.

Peace.
This is a discussion forum, and i said what i believed and thought, if you think my tone is inappropriate, which is not from my side, you dont have to read or reply sir, no one is forcing you right? And how can u judge my tone here, you have to talk verbally for that right, and who are you to judge my tone, a Godfather here? If my tone was a bit inappropriate, even yours was'nt exactly very cordial. I did not in the first place say that CDRE was a bad engine/vehicle, you can go back and read my posts where i said both the engines/vehicles had their good and negetive points, and it depends on each individual what he likes in both n choose one out of them, totally a personal choice of an individual. But u keep dragging thins comparison when i said again n again thats my personal opinion, which all of you have too, thats why you like CRDE, just as i like DI, i simply made some differences between the two, pointing out each ones positive and negative points, but you guys are too biased to listen to them and turn it into an ugly discussion. So, sir like you have your opinion and perspective, every one else does too ! Again peace ! Again Chill ! We are simple here for discussion on a vehicle n putting in our inputs, no need to go in for personal remarks and telling others about their tones, before judging others, judge yourself too, sir, Thanx, no offence, no sweat, and simmer down pal !

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

Why not a tractor itself!
Your logo tells very well what you drive, i guess its worse than a tractor, i like the marshal, very frankly, i have a tractor too sir on my farms, similarly like the Bolero and the Skoda Laura i own, what's so bad in owning in all these vehicles sir? Would you be ashamed had you owned a marshal or a tractor? Each has its own purpose and cannot be replaced by the other, expand your horizons, and the grey matter in your head, Mr. Headers !

Quote:
That was meant in jest and good humour between matured fellows who understand good banter. But I guess its too greek for you.
No its not Greek for me, i had replied too in a friendly way, pointing out exactly what a specific vehicle is capable of, and its underbelly, and ended with the fact that its a personal choice and opinion, for if ones heart is set on a specific thing, he might ignore a flaw or two, cuz for him the bigger picture is this specific dream vehicle of his, which perfectly makes sense, because no vehicle is perfect as per say, and when you buy something you buy what makes you happy.

Who are you to decide what is needed and what is uncalled for. The market decides that and it has already decided that the CRDe is appreciated by buying it in decent numbers.
Hmmm so correct sir, who am i, exactly like "who are you". This who is you and me only buddy who comprise the whole population which decides these things. The Bolero DI was chosen as the largest selling SUV since last two years, lets see if STORM can manage something even close, correct? I wont decide it, the whole nation will, correct?? And this is not me talking, this the the workshop mechanics and the sales people who say they barely sell a CRDE in comparison to the DI, as most people visiting M & M showroom either want the Scorpio or the Xylo instead of the STORM at that price. Not saying STORMS bad, just thats the public opinion, not just 3-4 guys here on this forum. Again, no vehicle is bad, its the overall pacakage that attracts a consumer, price, running cost, features offered at that price etc etc.

One may believe in something but crying hoarse over it continuously doesn't make it a gospel for the whole world. Neither is it a sign of maturity.

You come to a thread looking to start a verbal duel and then say peace which is so superficial that it reeks of your true intent. I intentionally haven't gone into the technicalities of each model as there is no point talking reason to you.

Cheers
I merely state my point and stand by it, i say peace because i know certain people will react n will be too blind to see n understand reason, simply too much ignorance n biased impulsive replies, your replies again proved my point, Cheers and , again PEACE !!

No its not Greek for me, i had replied too in a friendly way, pointing out exactly what a specific vehicle is capable of, and its underbelly, and ended with the fact that its a personal choice and opinion, for if ones heart is set on a specific thing, he might ignore a flaw or two, cuz for him the bigger picture is this specific dream vehicle of his, which perfectly makes sense, because no vehicle is perfect as per say, and when you buy something you buy what makes you happy.

Hmmm so correct sir, who am i, exactly like "who are you". This who is you and me only buddy who comprise the whole population which decides these things. The Bolero DI was chosen as the largest selling SUV since last two years, lets see if STORM can manage something even close, correct? I wont decide it, the whole nation will, correct?? And this is not me talking, this the the workshop mechanics and the sales people who say they barely sell a CRDE in comparison to the DI, as most people visiting M & M showroom either want the Scorpio or the Xylo instead of the STORM at that price. Not saying STORMS bad, just thats the public opinion, not just 3-4 guys here on this forum. Again, no vehicle is bad, its the overall pacakage that attracts a consumer, price, running cost, features offered at that price etc etc.
I merely state my point and stand by it, i say peace because i know certain people will react n will be too blind to see n understand reason, simply too much ignorance n biased impulsive replies, your replies again proved my point, Cheers and , again PEACE !!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th September 2009 at 18:19. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 4th September 2009, 18:59   #158
BHPian

Quote:
This is a discussion forum, and i said what i believed and thought, if you think my tone is inappropriate, which is not from my side, you dont have to read or reply sir, no one is forcing you right? And how can u judge my tone here, you have to talk verbally for that right, and who are you to judge my tone, a Godfather here? If my tone was a bit inappropriate, even yours was'nt exactly very cordial.

My post was intentionally sarcastic, to an extent, and reactionary. If the wording rubbed you in the wrong way, be assured it was intended to. In any case, like my 3 yr old nephew says, "you started it first".

I did not in the first place say that CDRE was a bad engine/vehicle, you can go back and read my posts where i said both the engines/vehicles had their good and negetive points, and it depends on each individual what he likes in both n choose one out of them, totally a personal choice of an individual.

In the context of this discussion, when the DI and CRDe are being spoken about, when you mention that the DI is hassle free, rugged and a proper jeep, you are directly implying that the CRDe isn't. There is no third object under discussion, and you should realise that. I merely asked you for data (not opinion) to support your conclusion. How can you qualify your statement so that it is true from a factual perspective? Please try, I am actually interested in your opinion. I want to know why MileCruncher and others bought the CRDe, which he paid more for than the DI, when you have data and facts to support your claim that it comes with hassles and is less rugged than a DI. Let us really stick to technical points here. Not perceived notions that it is easier to source parts for a DI, or any roadside mechanic can repair it from Kanyakumari to Khardung-la, or that its the largest selling Bolero in India. When M&M launches the Camper and those other variants with the CRDe, it may also become the largest selling variant.

But u keep dragging thins comparison when i said again n again thats my personal opinion, which all of you have too, thats why you like CRDE, just as i like DI, i simply made some differences between the two, pointing out each ones positive and negative points, but you guys are too biased to listen to them and turn it into an ugly discussion.

Yes, I am biased. I own a 2009 DI SLX, and I know exactly what it can and can't do. I also drive a friends CRDe often, and am equally aware of its abilities. How am I biased? Let me explain, I am biased because I actually prefer the DI to the CRDe, because it is what I am comfortable with. But I am also biased towards the CRDe, because I realise what M&M have tried and done, revive an aging brand with a fantastic power plant. In this endeavor, the manufacturer must be applauded, and I take it very personally when anybody makes a blanket negative statement about the CRDe without any data to back it. I never intended to turn it into an ugly discussion, but unfortunately, I must repeat what my 3 yr old nephew says, "You started it first".

So, sir like you have your opinion and perspective, every one else does too ! Again peace ! Again Chill ! We are simple here for discussion on a vehicle n putting in our inputs, no need to go in for personal remarks and telling others about their tones, before judging others, judge yourself too, sir, Thanx, no offence, no sweat, and simmer down pal !

What you have said here is the absolute truth. No arguments about your points about having opinions and keeping personal remarks to PM's. I didn't try to judge you, if I may defend myself. I was trying to emphasize that your views would weigh more if they were backed by actual facts as against any preconceived notions. In this attempt, I seem to have gone and offended you. For that I am truly apologetic.

I'm quite tired of the DI vs CRDe battle. Lets talk about something else for a while? No hard feelings dude. Thanks for listening.

PS: @thread starter, apologies for hijacking the thread like this. Definitely uncool.

Cheers,

Last edited by sriku : 4th September 2009 at 19:02.
Old 4th September 2009, 19:44   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

This whole using *Sir* thing at the end of sentences has got me cracking up out here...sounds like a new writing fad here in T-BHP - Where you use the word of respect when you actually mean none at all!

Hmmm. That was my only take-home from this entire discussion really. Sirs!

Ah..and ofcourse - The Scorpio is the best. All your bolero's are dabbas on wheels. One is a slower dabba and the other is a faster dabba. Bring it on!

Last edited by Red Liner : 4th September 2009 at 19:46.
Old 4th September 2009, 20:02   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Ah..and ofcourse - The Scorpio is the best. All your bolero's are dabbas on wheels. One is a slower dabba and the other is a faster dabba. Bring it on!
I am quite literally rolling on the floor laughing with this! RedLiner, thanks for starting off Friday evening on the right note, "Sir". A happy weekend to y'all.

Cheers,
Old 4th September 2009, 21:08   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Each has its own purpose and cannot be replaced by the other, expand your horizons, and the grey matter in your head, Mr. Headers !
I will try and learn from you my friend, but you need to practise what you preach - you talk about peace, chill etc on one side and go on trying to explain your previous posts.

As you had mentioned, this is an open forum and all are open to have their opinions and POV.

Quote:
Hey, anytime buddy, whenever you are this side of town or when i'm in your town - Let me make you regret your decision: LOL {no offense my friend}
Old 4th September 2009, 22:09   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm quite tired of the DI vs CRDe battle.
Absolutely my sentiment and hence I'm not going to say anything. Where's rocky_b and his Bolero? Any updates?

Quote:
This whole using *Sir* thing at the end of sentences has got me cracking up out here...sounds like a new writing fad here in T-BHP - Where you use the word of respect when you actually mean none at all!

Hmmm. That was my only take-home from this entire discussion really. Sirs!

ROTFL! Bolero = Dabba, huh! Forget not you also own a primitive version of a Dabba and were almost about to buy a new Dabba. Anyways as headers said I'm ready too.... When do we have the duel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Saar, you are grt! Bolero fanboys are going to go mad!
And what are you? An Innova Fanboy?
Old 5th September 2009, 13:44   #163
BHPian

Quote:
I'm quite tired of the DI vs CRDe battle. Lets talk about something else for a while? No hard feelings dude. Thanks for listening.

PS: @thread starter, apologies for hijacking the thread like this. Definitely uncool.

Cheers,
Same here pal, no hard feelings, and thanx for your patience and understanding too, see dude, you asked me when i say DI is hassle free n a trouble free vehicle, its not me saying it, the vehicle says it, its been on road since quite some time now, taken loads of abuse from load carriers operating the pick up version, and seldom have i seen a DI complaining or standing on a roadside because of some technical or other flaw, simply because its a very simple basic technology, yet so damn rugged and bullet proof that there simply are very few known issues of its breaking down in stressful conditions, those guys operating the company pick ups dont get the oil changed n shaft greased as often as you and me, yet that engine keeps going without any complain or trouble, dude its time tested, its not me, its the record of the DI that says it all. Yet i never say its a high performance engine, no sir, i wont say that cuz its simply not, its not simply meant for sudden accelerations, or storm the racing scene (theres your CRDE STORM for that, lol) its more of a humble cruiser, load hauler, which does the 90-100 speeds without any complains, yes it has its draw backs, you have to think before you overtake on the highway, but its pretty decent in the city traffic, and not that bad on the highway either. I chose it because it gave me good value for money, i liked the feel of it, its normal city driving dynamics, a decent interior, a time proven rugged body and a gem on an engine. Over all the package was good. In the CRDE, as far as i know, the main plusses are a very good pick up and low noise engine, if theres any other added advantage, then i'm unaware of it. Disadvantages being lower mileage, complicated technology that a guy like me or any road side mechanic would ot be able to fix, initially more expensive, cost of spares and labour and insurance goes up, and in a way a bit delicate engine, not meant to take abuse, incase you dint know, this technology requires very clean unadulterated fuel, which could be a problem if you are going on some long trip, wrong fuel could ruin it and cause major damage to this common rail technology. Noise never mattered to me because i was not buying a car, i knew i was buying a JEEP, and i liked the grunt of the DI, pick up wise too i'm not out there to race other people on the highway. What i do know about the DI is that it is a very simple maintenance free technology, maybe old. I know that the engine has been taken from the old International Tractor, modified and installed in this vehicle. It does not have any glow plugs like in GLX and VLX, so no issues of them burning out etc. No timings belts that need to changed like in the GLX, dont kn about the VLX, instant start even in icy cold weather. Now for me these things mattered while choosing a JEEP, so i went for this version. For people to whom noise and pick up is a concern, obviously this is not a vehicle for them. About the fact that you asked me why people on this forum and other spent extra money and went for the STORM, well its quite simple, personal choice and difference of priorities and personalities. For them probably noise, advanced technology and better acceleration mattered more so they chose CRDE. Simply individual choice. Now its up to you interpret what i said as facts backed by substance, or simply what i just believe, i would say these are backed up facts, which not only me, but the driving record of the DI says. No hard feelings, we all have our opinions which sometimes are backed by knowledge and experience...have a good day you all and a happy weekend fellas !!
Old 7th September 2009, 18:57   #164
BHPian

At the end of the day DI and CRDE are both machines. Any machine can breakdown anywhere. Saying DI won't breakdown or CRDE won't breakdown doesn't sound nice. Heard of Mr. Murphy?

One can only pray that the vehicle doesn't breakdown in the middle of nowhere during long journeys especially with family.

Here's a DI owner wishing all those DIs and CRDEs a smooth and enjoyable trip to Ladakh. And while you're at it, don't drive to prove anything. Drive to drive. Drive to enjoy.

Last edited by Torqy : 7th September 2009 at 18:59.
Old 7th September 2009, 21:05   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Here's a DI owner wishing all those DIs and CRDEs a smooth and enjoyable trip to Ladakh. And while you're at it, don't drive to prove anything. Drive to drive. Drive to enjoy.
Thats the spirit Torqy : Well Drive to Drive and Enjoy!!

Most Viewed