Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 14:12   #16
BHPian

Congrats on your new Bolero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
I like the overall looks. But let me start with a few dislikes. The mini skirts on the edge of front bumper. I know the reason why they are added but it looks like a last minute job and built is flimsy (plastic / fiber).
Those mini skirts still don't prevent the splashes in mine. So i removed them. Tell me if they work for you.

Quote:
Foot ramps have been extended outwards by 2 – 3 inch. Easier to step on it now.
Keep that in mind while turning / parking.

Are you planning to get alloys? IMO, the vehicle looks better without those stickers.
Old 7th January 2009, 15:30   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your buy:

Please let us know is there air ac vents for Front WindSheild for defogging in this model ?
Old 7th January 2009, 15:33   #18
BHPian

Nope - Sorry - but regular AC works well for defogging. In fact Bolero AC is one of the best in any indian car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
Congrats on your buy:

Please let us know is there air ac vents for Front WindSheild for defogging in this model ?

Last edited by rockyb : 7th January 2009 at 15:45.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:22   #19
BHPian

C'mon Rocky, so many members were waiting for you to come up with pics and riding exp with the Crde engine and here you reply with a one liner?

I too opened this thread to read about your exp, and I return disappointed.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats First at TBHP.

Met one 2 weeks back on my way to Coimbatore. It was able be in my 2.2L's rear view mirror. Sad though as he was ripping it and it wasnt a registered one. God knows who will buy it.

CRDe costs 7.6lac OTR here in Tvm.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:59   #21
BHPian

Mahindra Storm customer with greed on Bolero Vlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

CRDe costs 7.6lac OTR here in Tvm.
Furthering its tradition Mahindra has terribly overpriced it just with the engine upgrade.

Couldnot understand the collective compalacence exhibited by indian auto makers!

Be it the Birlas of HM / Mahindras / Tatas /Maruti... these very indian companies set the ground for average international car makers such as Hyundai/Honda/Toyota to appear as Luxury car makers!

Mods! Sorry I 've gone little OT here!
Old 7th January 2009, 19:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new year gift Rocky!! Amazing that you have opted to purchase a bolero even after owning one previously [of course this one with a different heart].. Shows your passion for the vehicle!

Enjoy your new buy and wishing you many miles of happy motoring with your New Bolero!!
Old 7th January 2009, 19:24   #23
BHPian

krish3 - just scroll down - I have posted a review with pix

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
C'mon Rocky, so many members were waiting for you to come up with pics and riding exp with the Crde engine and here you reply with a one liner?

I too opened this thread to read about your exp, and I return disappointed.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:26   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations rockyb for your new acquisition. The Bolero is a very rugged SUV and having used it for many a long distance drives I have found it very practical.
Had been to the local Mahindra showroom today to enquire about the Bolero CRDe. It costs 7.55 L (on road) here and has the same Peugeot XD3P (2498cc) that powers my 2001 Bolero. The common rail oversees the engine functioning.The dealer was ready to offer a Rs 15000 discount. I found that there is only one variant of the CRDe Bolero.All other Bolero's have the noisy and crude M&M DI engine under the bonnet.
I was unable to zero in upon one, as I find that Rs 7.55L is too much of money to be paid for a new Bolero and is not at all VFM. Anything around 6.5L would have been a steal for this kinda Bolero.
I would prefer to better wait for the Xylo.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th January 2009 at 19:44.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Congratulations rockyb for your new acquisition. The Bolero is a very rugged SUV and having used it for many a long distance drives I have found it very practical.

I was unable to zero in upon one, as I find that Rs 7.55L is too much of money to be paid for a new Bolero and is not at all VFM. Anything around 6.5L would have been a steal for this kinda Bolero.
Anjan - If u like it - buy it. If fact its my 2nd Bolero. And I am one happy tension free customer. Its a no nonsense car. I guess Bolero shines in VFM during long term ownership. No wonder its the highest selling UV in India - and Mahindra knows it too. In fact there is no discount or freebies with Bolero in bangalore. Except I fought for the cen vat cut.

I have kept a detailed log of repair/service of my earlier Bolero. Cost of ownership is negligible. In fact I extra spend only twice. New battery after 51500 odd km and New AC condenser at 52000km. That too because the AC condenser fan fuse blew off and i didn't notice it. Thaz all in 5 years and 53,000km. No other breakdown or repair whatsoever.

In fact I kept my Bolero GLX as OEM condition. No extra fitment or mods. Tyres (Bridgestone Dueler H/T) are still good for another 20 to 30K km.

Having said that I should also mention that I use to maintian is religiously at 6000km, tyre rotation @ 10,000km etc...

Now - if you compare it with other cars and UV and compare feature to feature you may find it expensive. Even my friends are surprised when they hear Bolero is for Rs.8.20L. I guess its in people mind = Bolero = taxi = cheap

think about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on your new year gift Rocky!! Amazing that you have opted to purchase a bolero even after owning one previously [of course this one with a different heart].. Shows your passion for the vehicle!

Enjoy your new buy and wishing you many miles of happy motoring with your New Bolero!!
Ty Abhinav - its not only passion - its also the cost of ownership and no-nonsense tension free easy to drive factor. In fact I was dreaming of "Bolero ka stability - Scorpio ka power". My Bolero GLX had one drawback - overtaking power in the highway. Hope my prayers are answered now. Waiting patiently for another 200 km to unleash the full potential of "Whitefeather" - thaz the name

Yes - I tour both on my Bolero and Royal Enfield Thunderbird
few pix here Flickr: Rocky aka Rakesh Barua's Photostream
Our Travel blog maintained by my wife - Traveling tales

Last edited by v12 : 12th January 2009 at 11:10.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:59   #26
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, RockyB! Wishing you many miles of happy motoring too!

Quote:
Odo reading when I bought it: 477km
You must have spoken with your dealer about the vehicle clocking such a high mileage before purchase. What did they have to say?
Old 7th January 2009, 20:07   #27
BHPian

Yup - the Bolero was driven from Dharwad to Bangalore - Hopefully he/she drove at 60kmph. Saved running in for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
You must have spoken with your dealer about the vehicle clocking such a high mileage before purchase. What did they have to say?
Old 7th January 2009, 21:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Congrats on your purchase, RockyB! Wishing you many miles of happy motoring too!

I've heard of some vehicles being driven down from Pune...sometimes from the outskirts of Bangalore.
Old 8th January 2009, 09:24   #29
BHPian

Rocky-: Unleash the new engine and enjoy the ride.

From the small report I feel that the sluggish engine of the old bolero is now HISTORY!!! Now you have enough power in the highway as well.

Considering Bolero now as an option above the other SUVs. Have booked a test drive with Mahindra. Eagerly waiting for this.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:24   #30
BHPian

Yes - another 150km to go - was planning to finish it this weekend but this fuel shortage is bad news. So will have to wait patiently

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Rocky-: Unleash the new engine and enjoy the ride.

From the small report I feel that the sluggish engine of the old bolero is now HISTORY!!! Now you have enough power in the highway as well.

Considering Bolero now as an option above the other SUVs. Have booked a test drive with Mahindra. Eagerly waiting for this.

Most Viewed