Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 10:53   #1
BHPian

i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP

Hi Everybody,

While this is nothing new to the forum, I just wanted to share my experience with everyone. It all started about 8 weeks back when we decided that my wife needs a car (after having our second child), old or new as an option to commute to office in case she cannot manage everything within the schedule of company bus. Her work place is around 25 Kms from where we stay.

Options considered
a) Few Santros - Second Hand option. My wife is a big Santro Fan. Things did not gel up for some reason (either car condition was not correct, or price was not right or several such reasons)
b) New Alto - While it was a perfect solution to her needs (budget, size, easy drivability in city), it was not perfect solution for "our" needs. In case we need to use this car to commute as a "Family" (my parents stay with me), then obviously, it was not the correct choice.
c)Old Wagon R - We saw a 2007 Wagon R with just 6000Kms clocked and in mint condition fully loaded. We had never considered Wagon R as option, but when my cousin showed me the car, we felt "OK" with it. However, the owner of the car wanted to sell it only in Feb09, and thus ruled out.
d) New Zen Estilo - Looked at it as an option to Santro Eco. However, did not like the space offered inside, especially the rear bench.
e) Santro Eco - Economical option (probably), but we could not get a test drive.
f) i-10 - Came almost at the price of Santro Eco (i-10 era). Offered more space, better interiors and most important, my wife liked the "feel" of the car.
g) Indica Vista - We liked the car. We already have Indica V2 for last 6 years. A very faithful workhorse who has never let us down. However, ,my wife was not comfortable by "Big Car" feel of Vista.

We did not considered Spark, as my wife does not trust GM vehicles (We kinda had bad experience in US). Also, she wanted only Hatchback and no Sedan.

So, after a lot of deliberations between Indica Vista and i-10 Era, we decided to go in for i-10 ( reasons being - We already had one Indica Diesel, wanted smaller car, since she is not going to use it for daily commute, we were comfortable with Petrol car, we would like to use this car for atleast 5 years, great reviews of i-10 on T-Bhp )

Dealership experience

a) Sanjay Hyundai. Very friendly staff. Excellent follow up (not the irritating one). Complete support in terms of loan processing. Took us to the stock yard to show all the colours available in flesh for i-10 to choose the colour. Gave us a good deal (will give details later in this message), called us one day in advance to inform that the car is ready and proactively told what fittings have been done. He gave us the time to come to showroom to complete paper work before the delivery is done and car is handed to us on the "mahurat" time. Explained the car controls and feature before handing keys to us. Also, he arranged for Pre registration inspection of the car.
b) Chowgule - The staff was courteous, but we could not take a test ride of Estilo as Demo car was not available. He promised the Demo Car at my place the next morning, but never turned up. They just lost the customer.
c) B U Bhandari - Staff was OK. Took Test ride which was arranged promptly. However, no follow up or support to take the final decision in favour of the car. Attitude of staff probably looked like "Its your need, why should I follow up" type.

OK. So we finally decided on Electric Red i-10 Era and discounts / Freebies given were as below

1. Free Insurance - @13K
2. Corporate Discount - 1K
3. Dealer Discount - 1K

Freebies
1. Mud Flaps
2. Floor Mats
3. Seat Covers
4. Steering Cover
5. Anti Rust Treatment
6. Fog Lamps
7. 3rd Year extended warranty
8. Car Fragrance
9. Side Moulding rails

The car was registered on 2nd Jan 09. Manufacturing date was 30th November 08. It landed with the Dealership around 10th December 08.

AS per the given time, we went to the showroom. Sales guy who attended my case through out was waiting for us. We completed the inspection and other formalities over next one hour and was a very smooth process.

Things to do

1. ICE. I have gone through a number of threads on i-10 ICE on the forum, however, not able to make decision on to go in for a singe DIN or a 2 DIN HU. Speakers in all probability are going to be JBL speakers. Budget upto 20-25K

2. Teflon Coating - I would probably get it done during the first servicing

3. Windscreen Film - Doing research on the same. I will go to 3M this weekend to get his quote.

Your suggestions on "Things to do" are most welcome.

I will put up the pictures by tomorrow.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:39   #2
BHPian

Congrats rkavthekar on picking up the i10. Do enjoy the car and Pls do post some pics of the car.
Old 7th January 2009, 15:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

congrats rkavthekar! what tires came with the car?
also, please post pics!
Old 7th January 2009, 15:16   #4
BHPian

Congratulations on the buy.
Pictorial review will be great.
cheers
Old 28th January 2009, 13:32   #5
BHPian

First of all sorry for being late on posting pictures and putting up initial ownership report. Here it goes.

The car has now clocked 955 Kms with most of the running in the city and one short trip to Lonavala on the long weekend. Its due for its first servicing at 1200 Kms.

Here's the photo shoot

Thats me while taking the delivery of my Car on 6th Jan
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-001.jpg

Rear Right View
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-002.jpg

Rear Left View
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-010.jpg

Front Right View
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-011.jpg

Now lets go inside the car
Front Dashboard pretty neat fit and finish. Far better than that of my Indica.
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-003.jpg

Pretty Basic Instrument Panel, but again neat
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-004.jpg

My ICE - Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57. I needed USB + Bluetooth option
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-005.jpg

Mic for Integrated Bluetooth. Very sensitive. More about it later
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-006.jpg

JBL GT5 963 on the rear parcel Trays
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-012.jpg

JBL GT5 963 close up
Name:  013.JPG
Views: 3515
Size:  77.5 KB

Front Cabin Space - fairly OK when compared to my Indica
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-007.jpg

Rear Leg room - No issues in installing rear facing car seat.
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-008.jpg

OK Now for the initial owner ship report:

The car has gone through two tankfuls and heres the fuel economy I got. 1st Tankful - 15.99kmpl all in City with AC on. 2nd Tankful 18.21kmpl with one short drive to Lonavala included.

The refinement is terrific compared to my old indica. Very silent while driving and couple of time I re cranked the vehicle while I had stopped at the traffic signal.

Pulls very well in the traffic and gear throws are short and smooth.

Steering is very light and precise in low speeds and feels heavy with increase in speed.

Braking is great (compared to Indica). Initially, the car would come to screech halt till we got used to braking on i10.

No rattles yet. Hopefully they do not appear soon.

Very happy with my current ICE Setup - Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57. Its a neat combination of USB and Bluetooth. Mic is pretty sensetive and picks up voice from rear left seat ( mic being just above the driver flap). Reads Crosair 8GB pretty fast on initialization (about 8 to 9 seconds) and moves through directories almost immediately. Sound quality from JBL fronts and rear is pretty neat, but I would like to put in an Amp and Sub. However, it will take away almost all the boot and hence decided against the same.

Still on Stock tyres ( MRF ZVTS) Tubeless. Thinking of getting alloys in next month.

Overall, very satisfied with the way the car and no issues at all.

takecare and drive safely
Old 28th January 2009, 15:22   #6
BHPian

Congratulations on the i-10. It looks hot! I like the white one too. This car is my pick in this segment
Old 28th January 2009, 16:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and do enjoy the smooth drive.
Where did you get the rear facing car seat. and how much did it cost you?
Great mileage too on the car!
Old 28th January 2009, 16:45   #8
BHPian

Congratulations for I-10. Nice FE figures you are getting.

Where you went for 3M sun film & ICE in pune? I have to do it in my friends indigo.
Old 29th January 2009, 11:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Congratulations for I-10. Nice FE figures you are getting.

Where you went for 3M sun film & ICE in pune? I have to do it in my friends indigo.
Shabbir,

I hope you are getting used to Pune by now!! Anyways, the ICE was done by Modern Cars in Camp (End of East Street on Burger King Side).

For 3M (front screen), I haven't visited them yet. I guess I saw a 3M dealer in Mukundnagar (near swargate) and plan to visit him in next couple of days.

Take care and Drive Safely
Old 29th January 2009, 11:05   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Congrats and do enjoy the smooth drive.
Where did you get the rear facing car seat. and how much did it cost you?
Great mileage too on the car!
The rear facing car seat was bought at "S Mall" in Pune near Deccan Gymkhana. Its a specialized store for Kids stuff only.

However, you do get rear facing car seats in "Mother Care" store. Probably try Shopper Stop as well.

take care and drive safely
Old 29th January 2009, 11:58   #11

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Hey congrats,the car looks great in red.And thats an amazing fuel efficiency that you have been getting.
Just one question.The era doesant come with the front fog lights.So were these installed by the dealer.
And if yes,how much did they cost(fog lights+switches+installation)?
Old 29th January 2009, 12:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Hey congrats,the car looks great in red.And thats an amazing fuel efficiency that you have been getting.
Just one question.The era doesant come with the front fog lights.So were these installed by the dealer.
And if yes,how much did they cost(fog lights+switches+installation)?
Yes, I am really happy with the FE car has been returning. Fog Lamps came as a part of Freebie after a lot of negotiation. I was quoted 3K for fog lamps by the dealer. Installation has been pretty neat and below picture will show you the button on the Dash.
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP-014.jpg

Old 29th January 2009, 20:48   #13
BANNED

Congratulations on your new ride.

I've gotta' say..you got yourself a nice list of freebies there, most importantly- insurance & extended warranty. How did you manage to have them give you these as freebies?
Old 30th January 2009, 11:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Congratulations on your new ride.

I've gotta' say..you got yourself a nice list of freebies there, most importantly- insurance & extended warranty. How did you manage to have them give you these as freebies?
Insurance was always part of the deal, Hyundai was giving out, as part of freebie in December. Extended warranty and Fog Lamps was something I had drive them at length to get it. However, in some other locations (outside Pune) Hyundai was giving extended warranty as well and I used the same to my advantage.

BTW, in today's paper, Sanjay Hyundai is giving 15K cash discount on i10.

Old 30th January 2009, 17:15   #15
BHPian

Rajesh, I have started to settle down in this city. Also my aggression on pune drivers is less now a days. So you can certainly say that "I am adjusting with the city".

The fog lamp switch assembly is neat and looks like stock. Again nice thing from Hyundai.

Just in case you visit 3M, just PM me the quotation. I also have to go there for front windscreen film.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks