Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 19:20   #736
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
but what is the point in knowing the chassis and engine number?. is there any possibility of changing the car in case the car is sort of faulty?.

forgive me . i am naive!!!. i mean do you mean to say if the sales person knows the chasis and engine number then the car must be really on transit???. or does he get the numbers even before the engine is fixed on the chassis?
Your first priority should be to get hold of Engine/ Chasis no. of the car alloted to you. Once they give it to you, you'll be assured that within max 6-7 days you'll get delivery with all registration formalities/ insurance etc completed. If he has not given you engine/ chasis no.s, that means your car is yet not dispatched from fiat to dealer.
-ask the dealer whether the car is billed by fiat to dealer or not
- if it's billed, then ask him whether it is dispatched from fiat (pune) to dealership
- at that point he'll be in position to give you engine/ chasis no.
- once car lands in dealer stockyard, you can get delivery in 2-3 days with registration completed
Old 8th April 2009, 23:10   #737
BHPian

I called my dealer today. He says that my vehicle is in transit, don't know whether to believe him or not.

Looks like I may not receive my Linea this weekend (as planned) after all :(
Old 9th April 2009, 01:36   #738
BHPian

I interacted with the dealer and Fiat guy earlier regarding the Tjet and 1.6 / 1.9, what I am told is that there are no plans this year for any upgraded Lineas or automatics, it may happen sometime mid of next year.

This year is going to be launch of Punto and may be Bravo ( in the end of the year, Bravo might come with the higher capacity engines ).

So all the 1.3 /1.4 Linea onwers or waiting to be Linea owners don't loose heart.
Old 9th April 2009, 07:34   #739
BHPian

@ neotraveller

my dealer also says the same. where did you book?. i think it is a trick that all fiat dealer plays when he is not able to deliver the vehicle in time. i have asked as per vahanpujari advice to give me the engine and chassis number of the vehicle just to confirm the vehicle is in transit. if the vehicle is in transit then the fiat would have billed the vehicle to the dealer. so the dealer would be in a position to know the engine and chassis number. the dealer has said he will give it to me today. lets wait and see before going all out at the dealer.

why cant these dealers be frank and deliver goods in time???
Old 9th April 2009, 09:35   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirajan View Post
How is the performance (pulling power) when it is fully loaded with adults (Driver + 4 passenger)?
I haven't found any issues with 5 adults onboard.
Check my thread,On my trip to Pondy,all were enjoying the ride.Even i took the car for 140 kmph.surely it glides
Old 9th April 2009, 09:48   #741
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I called my dealer today. He says that my vehicle is in transit, don't know whether to believe him or not.

Looks like I may not receive my Linea this weekend (as planned) after all :(
If it's in transit, he should be able to give you engine/ chasis no. Once you get the engine/ chasis no., you can expect delivery in 2-4 days
Old 9th April 2009, 09:59   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
my dealer also says the same. where did you book?. i think it is a trick that all fiat dealer plays when he is not able to deliver the vehicle in time. i have asked as per vahanpujari advice to give me the engine and chassis number of the vehicle just to confirm the vehicle is in transit. if the vehicle is in transit then the fiat would have billed the vehicle to the dealer. so the dealer would be in a position to know the engine and chassis number. the dealer has said he will give it to me today. lets wait and see before going all out at the dealer.

why cant these dealers be frank and deliver goods in time???
drashkum, where did you book your car? I booked on Saturday (4th) and I am taking delivery today! MJD E+ @ Concord Guindy. Salesman and dealership was no frills but very open and straight forward.

Gears,
RedOne.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:09   #743
BHPian

@ vahanpujari, drashkum

I booked on 9th march and my car had already arrived in 3rd week of march.
But since I could take delivery only in April (my company loan policy), he gave it off to someone.

Now, I don't know whether the engine/chassis number of this vehicle in transit is on my name or he is promising to give me someone else's.

Also my company folks have some deal with TATA-AIG and I am forced to take that. Company will pay the insurance directly. So this being a long weekend, even if my car arrives at the dealership, I can't take delivery without insurance.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:38   #744
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
drashkum, where did you book your car? I booked on Saturday (4th) and I am taking delivery today! MJD E+ @ Concord Guindy. Salesman and dealership was no frills but very open and straight forward.

Gears,
RedOne.
Are you saying you booked on 4th Apr?
If so, then its real fast.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:52   #745
BHPian

Quote:

Gears,
RedOne.
Man watch out, its a RED FLAG look out for it, sounds like a TD vehicle this is toooo fast to get a delivery unless you are full of luck.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:19   #746
BHPian

Another Linea Petrol E+!

Hi Folks,

I see a lot of people having trouble with their Fiat dealers, well atleast the dealers are consistent around the country!

I booked my Black Linea Petrol E+/E pk (whichever is the prefered convention) last Monday (6th April) at Concorde Motors, Hosur Road, Bangalore.

Since the dealer had existing stock, I was supposed to get mine yesterday. Alas!, when I went to the stockyard to check the car on tuesday it was a E and not a E pk, apparently a mix up/miscommunication between the sales dude and the stock keeper (Eyes rolling)!

Well anyway, the sales guy has said that they are receiving a new stock today, since this friday (good friday) and saturday (2nd saturday of the moth) are RTO holidays, they will register a black Linea E+ on Monday and deliver the same evening!

Ofcourse I am going to check the car on Saturday, hoping to god its a Linea Petrol E+!!!!

My experience with the dealer hasnt exactly been good, infact it hasnt even been ok. I have caught him on every single lie he had to say. For example, I ask to meet the sales head/team lead and this guy says "Mr Sandeep is our team lead sir, but he had to leave the showroom on some personal emergency, someone in his family had an accident", I am like ok and then I turn to my right and there is this guy introducing himself to my Dad "Hello sir, my name is Sandeep, How can I help?" That was amazing the look on the sales guy's face.

Anyway long story short, pathetic sales team, even more pathetic sales effort to actually sell a car. I am just hoping the Service team is better than this.

P.S: if they dont have a car ready for me this saturday or for some reason I dont get a delivery on Monday, I am going to cancel and take back the whole 8.32L I have paid. Will be buying a Scorpio Vlx against the wishes of the missus!!!
Old 9th April 2009, 12:21   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Man watch out, its a RED FLAG look out for it, sounds like a TD vehicle this is toooo fast to get a delivery unless you are full of luck.
I hope not!! I asked sales what he had in stock last saturday (yup April 4), and he told me while petrol E+ and red diesel E+. I paid full cash on saturday and I am taking delivery in 1/2 hr at 1PM. fingers crossed, lets see.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:14   #748
BANNED

Quote:
I hope not!! I asked sales what he had in stock last saturday (yup April 4), and he told me while petrol E+ and red diesel E+. I paid full cash on saturday and I am taking delivery in 1/2 hr at 1PM. fingers crossed, lets see.

Gears,
Red-One.
Both the cases mentioned above - RedOne's & Rajgopalan's - are too good to be true. On one side, there are tbhpians mentioning that the bookings they made in end-jan or in Feb, they're getting the cars now some having let gone march depreciation as well. Now on the other hand RedOne & Rajgopalan are getting deliveries in 4-6 days of booking.

This is possible only due to following:
- either these are TD cars
- Or the dealer was supplied huge no. of cars in last 4-5 days. Is this likely? Why would Dealer not receive this huge stock before 25th march to meet 31st March obvious demand? What may be the other reasons - can anyone share?

PS: when i did PDI of my Linea at dealer stockyard on 3rd Apr, I could see atleast 20-25 Lineas lined up there. (could not check variants - might be possible that those variants are Active & Dynamic for which there is virtually no demand comapred to E pack)
Old 9th April 2009, 13:30   #749
BHPian

I think, RedOne & Rajgopalan have paid full cash-down and hence they are getting priority delivery.
Maybe this is the reason, some people's cars are getting delayed.

Or maybe, the dealer really has extra stock.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:58   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
This is possible only due to following:
- either these are TD cars
Totally Agreeing to this point, except that, I was offered a choice of Red, Silver or Black. Also note that I have gone in for black and I havent seen a single black TD Car yet neither at Concorde in Hosur Rd nor at Prerana. All TD Cars have been either Silver or Red.
Has anyone seen a black TD Linea??

Quote:
- Or the dealer was supplied huge no. of cars in last 4-5 days. Is this likely? Why would Dealer not receive this huge stock before 25th march to meet 31st March obvious demand? What may be the other reasons - can anyone share?
When I went to the dealer stockyard in Bommanahalli on tuesday, there were atleast 30 Lineas of which about 20 were Diesel and around 10 Petrol cars, of the 10 Petrol about 4 were E pk, 3 Silver and 1 Red. The black I was promised as mentioned in my previous post turned out to be a Emotion rather than a Emotion Pk

Quote:
PS: when i did PDI of my Linea at dealer stockyard on 3rd Apr, I could see atleast 20-25 Lineas lined up there. (could not check variants - might be possible that those variants are Active & Dynamic for which there is virtually no demand comapred to E pack)
Very possible as I saw the skewed stock as well, as mentioned above out of 30 cars firstly 20 were Diesel and out of 10 Petrol only 4 were E Pk

Also the dealer mentioned that they had invoiced 54 cars in March, but could deliver only 4, all the others are stuck with banks/purchasors for futher approvals and payment releases!

Since I have already paid the full amount, I am assuming that is the only reason, because there is virtually nothing different between my purchase and anyone else's (non-full downpayment)

Most Viewed