Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 18:22   #796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Agreed. When technology advances, it brings in limitations also. preferably new technology should be open-source to succeed. am surprised as Microsoft is known for open-source technology unlike Apple. it should have catered to all mobiles with bluetooth technology 1.1 profile.

Having ssaid that, its still a very good system & works very well, Voice recognition will add more puch, or shall we say THE punch
Sorry for being off topic, but did u say Microsoft and Open Source in the same paragraph ?

MS is not open source from any angle .... Sorry
Old 15th April 2009, 20:02   #797
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post

Blue and Me is alright ... yeah, A glorified Bluetooth car kit that doesn't understand english (indian english might i add). Does anyone know how to control the phone ringer volume on it ? .... It shakes me up every time i get a call !!
When it rings, try +/- buttons on steering to ower the volume.
In the Menu ESC button there is an option/ setting for external audio source. Lower the volume in that setting - the volume level shows there is the volume of the voice level of phone conversation transmitted thro car speaker

Quote:
Hopefully they would take this and run ... make it work for us.
FIAT EcoDrive, another blue&me program sounds so promising !!

For those not in the know, this is a program that shares and improves your driving style with analysis on your home computer ..., plug in a USB and its charting your drive ... totally !!
I had downloaded EcoDrive software 2 days back. Yes, its not available for India. Also Linea is not mentioned in the settings option, its applicable to GP, Bravo, 500

but seems to be a lovely software/ application
Old 16th April 2009, 01:55   #798
Senior - BHPian

Couldnt find any other linea thread to post this in

Fiat Linea Monte Bianco unveiled in Sao Paolo Motor Show | Indian Autos blog

for people interested in modding their lineas
Old 16th April 2009, 02:20   #799
BHPian

EcoDrive on Linea

I had downloaded EcoDrive software 2 days back. Yes, its not available for India. Also Linea is not mentioned in the settings option, its applicable to GP, Bravo, 500

but seems to be a lovely software/ application[/quote]

Fiat has mentioned that EcoDrive shall be expanded to all Blue n Me equipped Fiat cars in 2009 ( not exactly when ) so Lineas, All models of Alfa Romeos, etc. will be in the EcoDrive Drop down list pretty soon.

Actually, its the same Windows CE ( Automotive version ) application linked with an Adobe AIR app on the desktop. It collects the same data from the trip comp more like raw dumps and analysed by EcoDrive desktop / web app. To get Linea enabled, only the vehicle ID / Type needs to change and a profile change in couple of files ( need to RE them ) on both sides, but I can't do that now..can I ..lol.
Old 16th April 2009, 13:21   #800
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Couldnt find any other linea thread to post this in

Fiat Linea Monte Bianco unveiled in Sao Paolo Motor Show | Indian Autos blog

for people interested in modding their lineas
Hey, thats a very impressive car Fiat Linea Monte Bianco. 152 bhp with 1.4 Litre engine & here we're saying 1.4 litre (though 90bhp) engine "under-powered" to 1.5 L or 1.6 L !!

Another link on the same site shows Fiat 1.3 MJD is going to be used in Tata Indigo & guess what, none other than Maruti SX4?

Fiat 1.4-liter petrol engine will power the 2009 Tata Indigo | Indian Autos blog
Old 16th April 2009, 13:42   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post

but seems to be a lovely software/ application

Fiat has mentioned that EcoDrive shall be expanded to all Blue n Me equipped Fiat cars in 2009 ( not exactly when ) so Lineas, All models of Alfa Romeos, etc. will be in the EcoDrive Drop down list pretty soon.

Actually, its the same Windows CE ( Automotive version ) application linked with an Adobe AIR app on the desktop. It collects the same data from the trip comp more like raw dumps and analysed by EcoDrive desktop / web app. To get Linea enabled, only the vehicle ID / Type needs to change and a profile change in couple of files ( need to RE them ) on both sides, but I can't do that now..can I ..lol.[/quote]

I had this Ecodrive software downloaded in dec 08. I knew i was buying Linea with blue n me and was certain that the Ecodrive would work. But when i load the software in the pen drive n connect it to the car the voice says system error and the songs are also not played. only after deleting the sortware from the pen drive do i able to listen to music.
Hope we some day get to use this feature in our Linea.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:08   #802
BHPian

Code Key : Fiat

Hey, How effective is the Immobilizer on the Linea ...
I thought it would be pretty safe, but i hear some Linea owners are discussing after market gear locks etc, should i worry as well ?

I initially thought there was a sensor in the key, (the big remote key), but the little one (duplicate) works as well to drive, does that have a rolling code sensor as well ?
Old 16th April 2009, 16:37   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another link on the same site shows Fiat 1.3 MJD is going to be used in Tata Indigo & guess what, none other than Maruti SX4?

Fiat 1.4-liter petrol engine will power the 2009 Tata Indigo | Indian Autos blog
It will be the new Indigo Vista I guess. do a search for the T branded sedan
Old 16th April 2009, 17:10   #804
BANNED

Quote:
I thought it would be pretty safe, but i hear some Linea owners are discussing after market gear locks etc, should i worry as well ?

I initially thought there was a sensor in the key, (the big remote key), but the little one (duplicate) works as well to drive, does that have a rolling code sensor as well ?
Yes, manual says both the keys have sensors which once turn on gives signal to the electronic unit of the car to start the engine. without such singals, the engine could not be started. i think thats why they have given key card separately with elctrical code & mechanical code, just in case you need extra keys, you've to take it to the dealership, only then you can get extra keys which works.
I don't know whether this is called Immobiliser. I guess so after writing this. Do you think is it safe enough or any extra security is advisable ?
Old 16th April 2009, 21:49   #805
BHPian

Quote:

Its effective as long as the ECU is connected, remember a smart thief can work around this problem. Any and all safety measures can be compromised, a immobilizer is only a electronic device. A mechanical deivce is harder to break like about 10 secs more.

Quote:
Yes, manual says both the keys have sensors which once turn on gives signal to the electronic unit of the car to start the engine. without such singals, the engine could not be started. i think thats why they have given key card separately with elctrical code & mechanical code, just in case you need extra keys, you've to take it to the dealership, only then you can get extra keys which works.
I don't know whether this is called Immobiliser. I guess so after writing this. Do you think is it safe enough or any extra security is advisable ?
Yeah you are right both keys work, I went to the parking and tried it.

The extra keys take about 7 days to be delivered, and yes there is a immobilizer which is effective and not fool proof but always yes extra safety is always advisable, whats wrong with that? I have seen ultra high security systems crasked in Bangalore.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:02   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Its effective as long as the ECU is connected, remember a smart thief can work around this problem. Any and all safety measures can be compromised, a immobilizer is only a electronic device. A mechanical deivce is harder to break like about 10 secs more.
Yeah you are right both keys work, I went to the parking and tried it.

The extra keys take about 7 days to be delivered, and yes there is a immobilizer which is effective and not fool proof but always yes extra safety is always advisable, whats wrong with that? I have seen ultra high security systems crasked in Bangalore.
I think once the car is armed with the Remote lock, maybe the mechanical key may not work or prompt you for the emergency code. I wish there was more literature, but then again, if its on the internet its there for thief's as well.

Well it reads in the manual that no after market electronic devices should be installed. Maybe at the dealer (TATA) he might encourage you, for commission but i'd be worried about interfering with the system in place, also you might void the warranty on the electricals.

I guess a brake steering lock would be good to have additionally, but like you said, a thief sophisticated to work around the ECU may also be set to work around the mechanical stump in an additional 10 secs maybe.
Any tamper with the keys and the wiring at the ignition would engage the immobilizer i suppose ... i'll try and have a detailed conversation with the Fiat technician when i go in for a visit.

I wouln't go with an Auto Cop kind of system, they are more of a pain than any use, in my humble opinion.

Cheers,
May your car remain safe always :-)

Mazher
Old 16th April 2009, 22:22   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Do you feel the brake pedal vibrate when you do that? In that case, it's the ABS.
Thanx Amit / Mazher.
I don't think brake pedal is vibrating. It is as if the car when is braked to bring it to complete halt without gradual braking the sound appears.

Also somehow I find the finish of interiors etc to be fragile.

Two incidences happened
1) On the first day, I though that there is a glove box on the driver side. It was shaped as if it could be opened. I just applied a little force & the whole platic facade just came out with pins falling! It was actually a clumsily hidden circuit.

2) Today while entering the office the security opened the boot & checked & shut it down. In the parking noticed that it was still opne & found a part dangling . It turned out to be some bushing/bolt which is present in the inner hood.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:43   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahshahid View Post
1) On the first day, I though that there is a glove box on the driver side. It was shaped as if it could be opened. I just applied a little force & the whole platic facade just came out with pins falling! It was actually a clumsily hidden circuit.
I pity you man, have you ever heard "Please read the manual before opreating"?

BTW the clumsily hidden circuit is your Linea's ECU please dont ignore and start fooling around with it. I still cant help myself ROTFL.
Old 16th April 2009, 23:11   #809
Senior - BHPian

A Question to Linea owners here!

Today I spotted a Linea here in Chennai (TN-21 Regd) Linea in Flamenco Red. It had alloys on it... so, I guess it must be the Emotion+.

The car looked like its being abused by the owner with scratches almost all around the car and it was looking quite dirty as well. The important bit that took my attention was the chrome beeding around the windows had some part of the chrome peeled off with the base plastic parts seen. I was not sure if its because of the abuse the owner is getting the car through!

Did any of you guys see any of the chroming peeling off from the window beeding/anywhere from the car!?

I am in process of booking the Linea and the Linea I spotted today has given me nightmares seeing the way the beauty was maintained & seeing the basic chrome stuff damaged!
Old 16th April 2009, 23:20   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
A Question to Linea owners here!
I am in process of booking the Linea and the Linea I spotted today has given me nightmares seeing the way the beauty was maintained & seeing the basic chrome stuff damaged!
I guess it is a case of bad maintenance by a careless driver. I tend to believe that Linea is very well built car with good quality material. I would suggest you be reassured and enjoy your new Linea when it comes.

Happy driving, Jaskirat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks