Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 22:34   #871
BHPian

yep! i saw a yellow board black emotion+ variant on commercial st a couple days ago! looked a beauty!

@ geeash, it's not going the indica way for sure!! Linea's will probably only cater to the premium taxi services market! like the chauffeur services offered by 5 star hotels! In fact, i guess it's more of a proud feeling you know! Linea's alongside the likes of the BMW's & the Teana's!!

Last edited by raamki : 10th August 2009 at 22:43.
Old 10th August 2009, 23:39   #872
Senior - BHPian

I do not know if it would bother me if the taxi guys would use the same model as my car as a taxi. After all a lot of taxis in the world are Mercedes, in some cities MBs are the most popular for taxis but that does not detract from the cars and one finds private MBs too in large numbers.

Taxi and fleet operators opting for Linea is a good thing. It means that the cars are sturdy and economical (these taxi guys are hard nosed businessmen and strictly VFM guys). It also means that Fiat will have sufficient numbers to make their operations viable. Last but not least, if the Fiat sales start earning them decent commission - the Concordes and other T.A.S.S. guys will take some interest in the Fiat sales.

Cheers,
Old 11th August 2009, 11:54   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Hotel Taj Vivanta at ITPL, Bangalore is having Linea for their guest service
Ok. That sums up. Good backseat ride, good mileage, cheap price tag, cheap maintenance (compared to Toyota, Honda, Audi, Nissan, etc. which are also used by the such hotels).

In a way good. Fiat will have some more business.
Old 11th August 2009, 12:18   #874
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
yep! i saw a yellow board black emotion+ variant on commercial st a couple days ago! looked a beauty!

@ geeash, it's not going the indica way for sure!! Linea's will probably only cater to the premium taxi services market! like the chauffeur services offered by 5 star hotels! In fact, i guess it's more of a proud feeling you know! Linea's alongside the likes of the BMW's & the Teana's!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I do not know if it would bother me if the taxi guys would use the same model as my car as a taxi. After all a lot of taxis in the world are Mercedes, in some cities MBs are the most popular for taxis but that does not detract from the cars and one finds private MBs too in large numbers.

Taxi and fleet operators opting for Linea is a good thing. It means that the cars are sturdy and economical (these taxi guys are hard nosed businessmen and strictly VFM guys). It also means that Fiat will have sufficient numbers to make their operations viable. Last but not least, if the Fiat sales start earning them decent commission - the Concordes and other T.A.S.S. guys will take some interest in the Fiat sales.

Cheers,
Agreed.
Last Friday, I've seen Nisaan Tiana "taxi" with a Yellow number plate at Mumbai Airport. That was the "taxi" service offerred by Leela Kempinsky to its Guests.
Sayaji Grande at Indore has a fleet of over-20 cars with Yellow number plates, some of them are Mercs & other high-end cars too.
Old 11th August 2009, 12:24   #875
BHPian

fiat is trying new incentive to market linea. today i saw an ad in our paper which say if you book a linea this august u will get a gift cheque which can be upto 31000rs. some sort of independence day offer.
Old 1st December 2009, 22:03   #876

I TD FL diesel yesterday at Concord motors Bangalore, noticed that the speedo was not working. the guy said its that way on TD vehicles. Do they sell-off these TD vehicles to customers. A disconnected speedo means no record of Km run.
Old 6th December 2009, 21:08   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessen View Post
I TD FL diesel yesterday at Concord motors Bangalore, noticed that the speedo was not working. the guy said its that way on TD vehicles. Do they sell-off these TD vehicles to customers. A disconnected speedo means no record of Km run.
Yup, that's exactly it. Fairly common practice, and not just with Fiat. They have some clearly designated TD cars with Demo Car stickering. The plain ones are usually sold off.
Old 25th December 2009, 00:23   #878
BHPian

My Test Drive Report: MJD Emotion Pack

I went in looking for a petrol test-drive but since it was not available I decided to go ahead with the diesel one instead just to evaluate the overalls - interiors, comfort, styling and build. The ride, handling and engine related aspects were clearly understood to be left open for a petrol test-drive later.

As mentioned in earlier posts, the car was not a test-drive car, and all the indicators were disabled. This and moreover my experience with Indica led me to observe the following:

1. The car was found to be struggling at ~40 in 4th gear climbing a flyover. While doing so, there was a perceptible drop in cabin temperature, and the car didnt really respond to me flooring the accelerator. Not that it slowed down, but didnt really add speed in a hurry.
2. The engine noise is no more than a whisper, I really had difficulty containing my amazement at this novelty. A noiseless diesel (almost).
3. The rear seat is very comfortable, however it is not a big upgrade over my Indica. The rear seat also felt a bit claustrophobic. Its' my personal opinion, seconded by my co-evaluator - my wife.

It was a fairly short drive and handicapped by the lack of information, I couldnt deduce enough to make a decision, will test drive the petrol version and would hopefully have better content to share.
Old 25th December 2009, 15:13   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
I went in looking for a petrol test-drive but since it was not available I decided to go ahead with the diesel one instead just to evaluate the overalls -

It was a fairly short drive and handicapped by the lack of information, I couldnt deduce enough to make a decision, will test drive the petrol version and would hopefully have better content to share.
Fornax,

According to reports FIAT is planning to introduce FIAT Linea petrol with 1.4 T-JET engine during Delhi Auto expo. May be you can wait till Delhi Auto expo (first week of Jan 2010) to check out the new Linea!
Old 28th December 2009, 22:53   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Fornax,

...May be you can wait till Delhi Auto expo (first week of Jan 2010) to check out the new Linea!
Well the december package by both Maruti & Fiat were far-too-enticing to be ignored. Hence decided to go with SX4. Besides this, a cursory glance at various Fiat websites for EU countries, where Linea TJet 1.4 is currently sold, pointed to two significant points:

1. The current petrol version 1.4 is only available as Active variant.
2. The top-end 1.4 TJet is priced within -5% to +5% range of the top-end MJD. Hence similiar pricing in India would mean a significant stretch of my budget. So chose the safer bet of Maruti's proven platform of SX4.

Thanks
Old 1st February 2010, 13:38   #881

help..

Hello,
I have been driving a Fiat Line purchased 7 months back. I have already accosted the dealer in Kolkata to top-up 2 lts of mobile when the car did 8000kms (6 months) and again the gauge shows to be half empty again when the car is 9200kms now. Please advise! when i start the car in the morning, it emits a smell of mobile buring; please advise

Prosun
Old 6th February 2010, 23:34   #882
Senior - BHPian

i was searching for Linea EVO on google and found below image.

Looks very impressive. For me, the full chrome on the window looks very cool
Hope they will give this full chrome window in T-JET!
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea test drive thread-fiat_linea_evo_by_neneds.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2010, 18:22   #883
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion+ (petrol) on Saturday. TD vehicle was probably from last year so finishing wasn't that great but no complaints about plastic quality. Got into the car, noticed the cramped foot-well. Would have been better if there was no foot-rest and more space. Adjusted the seat to a comfortable position, set the mirrors and started. The steering itself is chunky and well molded to give a good grip. The car was standing out in the sun so was hot inside. Set the AC to max and set off for the drive. Took-off (stepped hard on the gas) when the traffic lights turned green. 1st gear was too short and had to change soon between 35-40kmph. 2nd gear isn't that great either - maxed out at 80. Another thing - though you can rev the engine till 7k rpm (and it doesn't complain), power drops considerably after 6500rpm and it's no fun after that. With 3 persons in the car and with AC on, I never felt that it was under-powered but the short gearing was a disappointment. On the ride quality and noise insulation front, no complaints at all. Clearly a level or two better than what ANHC was to offer (TDed that today).

Verdict: For me beats ANHC on many fronts (A.S.S. not considered) and would have taken it but for power/pick-up - the most important one for me. Requires the 1.4T-Jet asap. Not sure I can wait more for that to happen.

Last edited by asr245 : 3rd March 2010 at 18:34.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:16   #884
Senior - BHPian

Pics of my Sister's Linea... Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea test drive thread-dsc01619.jpg  

The Fiat Linea test drive thread-dsc01621.jpg  

The Fiat Linea test drive thread-dsc01622.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 12:26   #885
BHPian

Fiat has quietly upped the power and torque in the Linea!

Power is now rated at 93.7ps@4000rpm and torque at 209Nm@2000rpm.

In comparision, eariler the power was 86ps and Torque was
203Nm@2500rpm.

Is this right?

This info is from Fiat India's website!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks