Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 12:50   #886
BHPian

^ Thats a surprise...all existing Linea owners will be very happy to get this upgrade, including me!!
Old 29th March 2010, 14:19   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Fiat has quietly upped the power and torque in the Linea!

Power is now rated at 93.7ps@4000rpm and torque at 209Nm@2000rpm.

In comparision, eariler the power was 86ps and Torque was
203Nm@2500rpm.

Is this right?

This info is from Fiat India's website!
I believe this has got to do something with the emission norms coming in from April. Earlier engines might have been tuned for Euro 3 emission norms.

They should have bumped up the power in the FIRE Engines a bit as well.
Old 30th April 2010, 13:23   #888
BHPian

The Euro IV linea

Hi,
I just booked a Diesel Emotion Pk Perla Silver a short while back and should get delivery next week. Cost me 954779 on the road in Mumbai. This was with free Insurance, and I am supposed to get an additional 10k refunded as exchange bonus. I will do a PDI shortly.

I was undecided for about a month and could not choose among the Linea, the i20 and the Polo, after TDs and extensive research. Each car had its own pros and cons.

I liked the Linea's handling and ride almost immediately. I had no qualms about throwing it around corners the first time I drove one. I liked the looks too, but was really put off by the responsiveness of Tata-Fiat sales. I think Fiat should at least have a Sales team, even if it uses Tata *** network.
I loved the i20's looks and interiors, and was pretty satisfied with past *** experiences with Hyundai.
I liked the Polo too, ride and handling felt good in the limited TD that I was allowed. But the engine noise was more than I could tolerate, and the three month wait was a complete put-off.

Finally decided that I should get a diesel, given expectations that Petrol prices could be de-subsidized soon. That decision cleared my mind, and the Linea Diesel was the best choice in my opinion.

Has anyone on BHP done a comparison between the Euro III and the Euro IV versions?

Am waiting with bated breath for delivery.
Old 1st May 2010, 02:15   #889
BHPian

What MJD version is on the current Linea?

Small correction to my last post. The color is Perla Champagne, not Perla Silver.

I found 4 different versions of the horsepower of the MJD on the internet. Anyone has an idea which engine is on the Linea?
Fiat MultiJet Diesel Wins Engine Of The Year Award mentions a 70 bhp, 170 Nm award winning engine in 2005.

Fiat 1.3 Multijet Diesel engine 2 Technology launched 2010 internationally | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog mentions an engine with 95 Bhp and 200 Nm.

In between these numbers, there was the 2009 linea brochure with some 87 odd BHP and there's the latest linea online with 93 BHP. Are these souped up (is it the VGT that does it?) versions of the 2005 engine? Or has the latest MJD already been launched?

Somebody enlighten me?
Old 1st May 2010, 09:04   #890
BHPian

Hi Karthik, congrats on your purchase. As far as I know, it is still MJD 1 that was launched in 2009 in India. The same engine has been re-tuned and launched as BS-IV compliant, though with better power and torque than the 2009 tuning/mapping.

Do start your ownership thread once you get the delivery.
Old 1st May 2010, 12:49   #891

From what i have seen in Fiat website, it shows the engine spec as "Advanced multijet" ... not sure if this is the latest multijet 2 engine being put in euro4 linea.
Called few of the FIAT - TATA dealers and the lousy sales guys are not even aware that the BHP has been upped to 93PS.

If anybody is aware of the engine type, please share
Old 1st May 2010, 14:40   #892

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Hi Karthik, congrats on your purchase. As far as I know, it is still MJD 1 that was launched in 2009 in India. The same engine has been re-tuned and launched as BS-IV compliant, though with better power and torque than the 2009 tuning/mapping.

Do start your ownership thread once you get the delivery.
looks like it is a multijet 2 engine doing duty in euro4 linea.
as per the info in fiat site it is "advanced multijet" engine
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:09   #893
Senior - BHPian

A testimony for Build quality of Linea by my colleague who saw Linea hitting a barricade at over 80 KMPH

Quote:
Today for a change I came to office in a two wheeler (Suzuki access) and driving on NICE road in a vehicle which can go max 80 is nerve racking. Anyways I overtook this linea guy he suddenly accelerates and doesn’t realize a barricade put right in the middle of the road ( between Mysore road and kanakapura road) and goes head on into one of them. I was already way behind, so no problem to me.

The 40 odd kilo steel barricade flies about 10 feet and lands ahead. Surprisingly the car has minimal damage, some major scratches on the bumper and the headlight glass is gone, but other than that it’s pretty ok.
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:17   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
A testimony for Build quality of Linea by my colleague who saw Linea hitting a barricade at over 80 KMPH
This is good!

Guys, what are the updates on rusting problems in Linea? Is it solved?
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:20   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifts View Post
looks like it is a multijet 2 engine doing duty in euro4 linea.
as per the info in fiat site it is "advanced multijet" engine
If true, that is a major change. I don't think Fiat would've made the change quietly without any ad campaigns. Fiat should/would have advertised it to make people aware that Linea is offering something different from the MJD crowd in India.
Old 4th May 2010, 09:28   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
This is good!

Guys, what are the updates on rusting problems in Linea? Is it solved?
In my case its not solved and now I just don't mind them which gives me peace of mind. My father said that the rusts are too small to complain. And after buying the Linea my 7 year old Palio have also started rusting. May be Linea and Palio fell in love with each other.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:07   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
In my case its not solved and now I just don't mind them which gives me peace of mind. My father said that the rusts are too small to complain. And after buying the Linea my 7 year old Palio have also started rusting. May be Linea and Palio fell in love with each other.
So, you decided to let the 'Rust In Peace'
I should tell my brother to look out for the rust. He is in Chennai and is not part of this board (in spite of my repeated prodding).
Any photos of the rusting would help.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:55   #898
BHPian

Agree with StarrySky. Fiat would have made a lot of noise about it for sure.

So that brings me back to the question.
Whats the difference between the original 2005 MJD (70 BHP) and today's advanced MJD (93 PS almost equal to 92 BHP)? Cubic capacity remains fixed. A 30 percent increase in power would not be a outcome of minor tinkering.

So what gives this Advanced MJD its 30% extra grunt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
If true, that is a major change. I don't think Fiat would've made the change quietly without any ad campaigns. Fiat should/would have advertised it to make people aware that Linea is offering something different from the MJD crowd in India.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:00   #899
BHPian

Got confirmation that the VGT adds the extra grunt to the Original Multijet. Please see posts by Harshavarthan and Rodrally.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:59   #900
Senior - BHPian

fiat linea diesel in tuscan wine.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea test drive thread-dsc04870.jpg  

The Fiat Linea test drive thread-dsc04871.jpg  

The Fiat Linea test drive thread-dsc04872.jpg  

The Fiat Linea test drive thread-dsc04873.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks