Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 20:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
And to think people are berating i20 for its drivability on that thread
Quite an interesting thread that has become reading all the posts. Have not seen i20 in person till now so will keep comments reserved on it. Feature wise i20 is great!
Old 15th January 2009, 21:25   #92
Senior - BHPian

NHC engine looked weak on paper but was pretty gusty performer in city drive conditions. Plus there is no question of lag. For the LInea Diesel it may turn out just the opposite.
Old 15th January 2009, 21:43   #93
Senior - BHPian

I personally think too much is being made of the initial sluggishness. Surely its there, but it probably "feels" slower than it is off the blocks - from my brief TD - and overall is no slouch, unless you're into drag racing and the like (in which case you're pretty much a menace on the roads).
Old 15th January 2009, 21:50   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Petrol engine specs:

1.4 16v Fire
1368 cc
4-cylinders, 16 valves
Power: 90 bhp @ 5500 rpm
Torque: 94 lb ft @ 4500 rpm
Top speed: 111 mph
Acceleration 0-62 mph: 12.5 seconds
Fuel consumption:
in town: 32.5 mpg
out of town: 50.4 mpg
combined: 42.2 mpg

i.e. 0-100km/hr: 12.5 sec
& combined Fuel consumption : 14.83km/ litre
12.5 seconds. How?
the baleno's lighter, more powerful & is less than a second faster
Old 15th January 2009, 21:58   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Anyone have a copy of ACI or OD lying around with the 3rd gear 20-80kmph and the 4th gear 40-100kmph.
from ACI
20-80 in 3rd Linea (11.86), ANHC (12.86)
40-100 in 4th Linea (13.64), ANHC (16.71)

Linea wins both comfortably. roll-ins will be better on Linea

ANHC of course will have better acceleration due to a higher bhp though
standing 400m Linea (19.9),ANHC (18.03)
0-100 Linea (15.04), ANHC (10.28)
Old 15th January 2009, 23:11   #96
BHPian

Guys, one small change, the warranty is a 2 year unltd which can be upgraded to a 4 year/80000 Km for a few k's. Car was brilliant and its build felt solid enough to last 10 years in the horrendous mumbai roads. I drive an optra diesel and hence the performance was boring to say in the least, but fiat is playing the economy trump card and it shouldn't disappoint. Fiat has put huge money behind this car and infact even the show rooms were rennovated for the lineas launch!. This car deserves to succeed!
Old 15th January 2009, 23:16   #97

Concerns of a 99.99% linea buyer - II

Read almost every piece written about Linea in internet and print.After seeing one in Europe, I was waiting for it here for more than 1.5 years.

Quite positive - that all gives 9/10, 9.5/10 and 10/10(WHATCAR) kind of ratings to Linea!

One other concern(see my previous post) which is discussed about the Future of Linea/Marketing of Tata-FIAT for Linea is cynical: Tata Indigo Vista is getting released on March 2009, with the same engine configurations as Linea and is pitted a class below against Dzire range. Once this happens, people who are experienced with FIAT says their be a conflict of interest in Tata vs Fiat stable - which could again affect the Linea going on to be a success in market?

Got an analogy - where Great films which gets all awards ending up as a flop in the Box office!!!!

Why is there no proactive marketing/branding which creates a good impression in public by FIAT? Delays have only added oil!
Old 15th January 2009, 23:33   #98
BANNED

Since ANHC doesn't come in diesel variant, so no point comparing Linea diesel & ANHC petrol. So I was comparing Linea petrol with ANHC.

You want to compare Linea diesel, then you have to do with Fiesta & Verna.

If you still want to compare diesels, then Fiesta is VFM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Linea MJD Dynamic is 7.42. ANHC E is 7.95. I believe the honda website isnt' showing the correct prices after reduction of duties. Am I correct? From what I see, you pay Rs.53,000 more and get a PETROL engine! So, I save when I buy the car and I keep saving everytime I drive and tank up.

Linea MJD E+ is 8.35 and ANHC M/T S is 8.46. A diesel for about 11,000 less with extra features like ACC and blue&me. How is ANHC more VFM?!
Old 16th January 2009, 00:24   #99
BHPian

well please dont trust zig wheels
in their road test of the indica vista they have claimed the 0-100 timings to be 21 secs.it is just impossible.i have tried it and it comes to around 15 secs.
all magazines give different figures for the palio mjd and the indica vista but the figures remain same for the swift!
cant understand this
Old 16th January 2009, 00:37   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

why??? but the verna has 30 odd more bhp?
Old 16th January 2009, 10:31   #101

Looking to hear from BHP veterans who had seen Petra/siena launch

Book the Linea (now/March/July/never)?! Please enlighten on how to estimate a good time to buy this car with peace of mind?

Being convinced about the car Linea and the only major concern being FIAT's poor track record, I decided to check how BHPians reviewed the erstwhile Petra and Siena.

Quote:
>>...Fiat will have to improve their customer care by leaps and bounds and market the Petra aggressively. Only then will the Petra have any hope of surviving.....
>>...(GTO rightfully said it)The Petra, if priced as expected, will be pitted right against the Indigo...and it just beats the Indigo in each and every aspect. Performance, build quality, ride & handling, image, reliability...the Indigo has it beaten.However I do hope that Fiat succeeds in winning the buyers confidence as well as Tata has. If things take off for Fiat India, just imagine what other exciting products they will introduce in India!
>>...(Dippy's prediction turned true!) Well just changing the name from Siena just wont work . I personally like the Siena very strongly built and confortable ride and very stable. But seeing thr bad image Fiat has aquired here over the years , I dont think it will work...
>> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...iat-petra.html
Quote:
>>My next car ?Skoda RS P. (though I would keep my Palio GTX and Petra as just classic collectibles, absolutely unbeatable fantastic cars!) Bye Bye FIAT INDIA forever!
>>(RJK)Quote:I know FIAT would not change so here is a backup?.I now have all workshop manuals (Palio/Petra) around 1500 pages and with Bosch service around and my warranty getting over in 10 days, I would manage stuff on my own (looking a manual it doesn?t looks that difficult)
While this is good for you, I don't think after paying 5-6lakhs I'd want to go through the manual & service teh car on my own. Maybe a vintage car, yes........but surely not a car that's just about a year old. The car maybe good alright but this kind of pathetic attitude from Fiat is just not acceptable but hardly you can do anything about it. Its their way of saying..you bought our car inspite of knowing our miserable state in this country..now suffer Really really hopeless.......
>> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...nsiveness.html
Neither Petra nor Siena had received any good reviews like that of Linea.However, to alleviate the fears in consumer minds about Linea becoming another Petra or Siena, eager to hear suggestions from veteran BHPians on this
Old 16th January 2009, 10:47   #102
BHPian

Can someone shed any new on test drives of the petrol version ?
Old 16th January 2009, 11:26   #103
Senior - BHPian

@skrit7: the petrol is not yet available for TD. I guess it will be available a month later only. FIAT is putting major bet on diesel this time - and rightly too.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 16th January 2009 at 11:27.
Old 16th January 2009, 11:36   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Since ANHC doesn't come in diesel variant, so no point comparing Linea diesel & ANHC petrol.
Oh how convinient isnt it?

Quote:
Linea MJD Dynamic is 7.42. ANHC E is 7.95
Quote:
Linea MJD E+ is 8.35 and ANHC M/T S is 8.46
Or you don't want to compare the two because here is a situation where a diesel engine car is cheaper or marginally expensive then a petrol engined one PLUS comes with more features compared to the petrol variant

Quote:
You want to compare Linea diesel, then you have to do with Fiesta & Verna.

I have to hand one thing out to Fiat and the Linea. I have never seen Diabloo posting so much on any non-Honda thread!
Old 16th January 2009, 11:41   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I have to hand one thing out to Fiat and the Linea. I have never seen Diabloo posting so much on any non-Honda thread!
You have obviously not visited the Cricket / IPL threads and you are not a fan of Virender Sehwag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks