Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:05   #196
Senior - BHPian

Dr.Amit, even Palio 1.6 Sports have 4 Alloys wheels + 1 Steel rim (for spare wheel).
Anyway, you will rarely use the Spare wheel , so this is not a big issue.

Regarding the choices on Seat fabrics, am not very sure, you can get the clarification from Fiat by mailing: service@fiapl.com
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:08   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Maruti, however, gives all 5 alloys. I don't consider this as a deal breaker.

Which model maruti gives 5 alloys? Never knew that any manufacturer gave 5.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:09   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Regarding the choices on Seat fabrics, am not very sure, you can get the clarification from Fiat by mailing: service@fiapl.com
I did check with Concorde when I was out test driving the Linea, and they said that customization is possible only on 500 now, not on Linea.

No harm in seeking help from Fiat itself. Maybe, the sales guys do not know about it.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:18   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas
The Swift-Zxi for example. The spare also comes with alloy rims on the Zxi.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:25   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Quote:
The Swift-Zxi for example. The spare also comes with alloy rims on the Zxi.
SX4 Zxi also comes with 5 alloys. When I was checking out the car before buying it, even I was surprised when I opened the boot and found an alloy spare. I even double checked it with the showroom person.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:26   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The SX4 ZXi comes with 5 alloys
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:28   #202

Fiat Chrysler India - Emotion Pack BHPians?

Another thing which would make FIAT buyers wait:
Fiat is globally considering proposals to merge with Chrysler.Would this help us in India anyway or again derail ? Honestly, thinking to wait more ownership experiences of Linea.
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:15   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
Another thing which would make FIAT buyers wait:
Fiat is globally considering proposals to merge with Chrysler.Would this help us in India anyway or again derail ? Honestly, thinking to wait more ownership experiences of Linea.
Just pray they don't try and release Chryslers here...
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:38   #204
BHPian

I went for a TD of the Linea in Andheri, Fortune Motors.
It being a Sunday, there weren't too many people there, however the car was already on a test drive. Fine, I thought, another 5 minutes.
I went with my family,observed the showroom and was mentally making notes. Nobody attended to me for the first 15 minutes. I guess they were busy pandering to the couple ahead who looked rich enough. It was a half hour's wait for the TD, that too after barging in and making my presence felt. That was a deal breaker, I was prepared to pay cash down on the spot for the Linea Emotion Pack. I have been one of the first customers for the Palio in Mumbai, where too I had paid fully in cash.
I did not see any difference in the buying experience from eight years ago (2001). Just a day ago , I had tested the Toyota Altis, what a difference, Toyota,professional, Fortune , like a kirana store.( they even had a guy in shorts who looked like he had just woken up in the front office,he was on the TD team !)
The Linea TD was an underwhelming experience, I was curtly told where to take the car and where not to, after the Swift diesel, this was a lethargic, claustrophobic experiece, accompanied by the diesel rattle that I am loath to tolerate in a car that costs almost a million bucks. I am a Fiat fan, though for me the Linea experience was a downer. Let's wait and watch on the service front, if Fiat has really made an effort to change.
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:49   #205
BHPian

Well, I had a telephonic conversation with one of the top guy at Fiat India in Mumbai. He admitted that there is a mistake in brochure and there are only 4 alloys and no choice of interiors.
I also visited the dealership again yesterday where one of the TATA official do admitted that they have received feedback about poor pickup and poor performance in 1st and 2nd gears and they have passed on this to the Fiat people.
Today they are officially launching Linea in Ahmedabad and as per the dealer, waiting list for emotion pack is growing in numbers.
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:34   #206
BHPian

Test drove the Diesel linea top end "emotion pk" variant yesterday.

Wouldn't need to say that the car looks good and the the external and internal frills are pretty chic. Was waiting to drive as that's what matters the most. Before the TD tried the Blue and me which again was impressive, (could be achieved in other cars by a FM transmitter as well). runs extremely well 3rd gear onwards. Should be fuel efficient, sales rep stated 14 in city...suspensions and drive feel too was good...only city pick up was just too bad..The car is seriously poor in pick-up in the 1st and 2nd gear. It runs really well in the 3 gear onwards. Also when you start comparing the models, appears you would need to go for the top end model, which then places itself priced next to Honda.

Also the diesel variant which all are looking fwd to is not too impressive on prices cosidering 9-10 lacs if you are buying corporate.

The engine sounds bad even inside the cabin....Keeping these aside, the pros would be bigger car, diesel(but 1248 cc) and FIAT product.

The next 6 months would determine on Sales and public acceptance which is a key area..

not made up my mind to spend 9.5 on the diesel variant...
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:29   #207
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The first two gear ratios seem to be really short, if it runs out of steam so easily.
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:39   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooomph View Post
Test drove the Diesel linea top end "emotion pk" variant yesterday.

Wouldn't need to say that the car looks good and the the external and internal frills are pretty chic. Was waiting to drive as that's what matters the most. Before the TD tried the Blue and me which again was impressive, (could be achieved in other cars by a FM transmitter as well). runs extremely well 3rd gear onwards. Should be fuel efficient, sales rep stated 14 in city...suspensions and drive feel too was good...only city pick up was just too bad..The car is seriously poor in pick-up in the 1st and 2nd gear. It runs really well in the 3 gear onwards. Also when you start comparing the models, appears you would need to go for the top end model, which then places itself priced next to Honda.

Also the diesel variant which all are looking fwd to is not too impressive on prices cosidering 9-10 lacs if you are buying corporate.

The engine sounds bad even inside the cabin....Keeping these aside, the pros would be bigger car, diesel(but 1248 cc) and FIAT product.

The next 6 months would determine on Sales and public acceptance which is a key area..

not made up my mind to spend 9.5 on the diesel variant...
Are you sure its 9.5 for diesel? In Pune for emotion its around 8.15 on road for individual.
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:49   #209
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Diesel Emotion at Fortune Motors, Nerul. Test drive route was on the road towards JNPT which also meets the Palm Beach Road near Belapur.

- The car looks better in real then in pictures.

- It's HUGE!

- Design, fit and finish, paint quality, size makes you feel like you are looking at a Rs.12 lakh car which is avaliable for Rs.9 Lakhs. That's where the car is cracking VFM. In comparision, City, SX4, Fiesta feel cheaply made. City, IMO, feels like a 6 lakh rupee car avaliable for 9 lakhs.

- I LOVED the steering. It's a work of art. You wouldn't feel like letting it go off your hands! Size is also small and sporty.

- Little touches all over the car. There is tremendous value addition in comparision to competition. In just the boot, I could point out 2 features where the Linea betters the competiton.

- I found the engine silent. I don't know why people are complaining about noise. Maybe over 3K rpm some sound comes in but at that rpm even my SX4 sounds like all hell is breaking loose in the engine bay.

- Ride quality is just fabulous. Nothing comes close to it.

- NVH is also great. It's very silent on the go.

- There is a little hint of reluctance in second gear till 2500rpm after which the car goes really well. First gear was okay to me. After reading reports here I was expecting the car to be like my SX4 which is dead in first and second and has to be literally flogged to get moving. The Linea doesn't show any of such sluggishness. Just a hint of reluctance in second. Test route also had a flyover. I was in fifth at 80kmph with A/c working and 3 people on board and the car scampered up really easily without losing any steam.

- It's not a performance car. If you want outright performance look at Fiesta S or even ANHC. But as a complete package, Linea is THE car to buy today.

- There was one area of concern for me. The height adjustable seats go down really low. That's the good part. However, the steering wheel even at it's lowest level was set a little too high for me. Looks like all of Fiat test drivers were short guys! Also, like ACI said, the steering feels like it's coming onto you. It's very in your face. It's going to be very tough getting a perfect driving position. In this respect, the Linea is typical Fiat!

- The car was extremely easy to drive, easier then the Palio. In just a few minutes, I was totally comfortable driving it. Clutch was light unlike the Palio. Gear shift is smooth too.

- Loved the central arm rest.

- Fortune says the response has been over whelming. They said they have sold 40 cars till date. 9 of them are petrols. Majority of sales are of the top end Emotion option pack. Dealer said lots of City and SX4 buyers moved to Linea.

Last edited by amit : 23rd January 2009 at 20:00.
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:45   #210
Senior - BHPian

@Amit-
I too felt engine quiet silent. When we were waiting for TD a friend of mine said td car is a petrol and i said no its a diesel as petrol are not available for Td's, he said its petrol cos engine has no noise(he is a petrol fan and doesnt likes diesels). When the car actually came he was surprised diesel has such a silent engine.
Thats why i was amazed why people are finding it noisy. I went till 3500 rpm and then also i felt the same.

Your views matches mine a lot!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks