Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:39   #856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
BTW, you got the oil changed at 1st service. Any visible/ tangible difference in performance after oil change? I'm not able to decide whether I shd change oil at 1st service though am inclined to get it changed.
what do you suggest?
I did the first oil change when it clocked 2000 Km. I felt a little peppier immediately after change and for a while (may be for another 500Km or so). When I said peppier, I mean a kind of different feeling on the right feet whenever you do a slight throttling, a kind of feeling that things are smoother.

But I did the oil change early because, I wasn't really following a slow break-in (run-in). I fired right from day one and I believe those guys who claim that the wear and tear around the piston ring happen much earlier than what the mannual suggests. So, I insisted on early change to be on the safer side. I know there are many versions to it and I just followed one - a mix of hard break-in and moderate break-in.
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:43   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I felt a little peppier immediately after change and for a while (may be for another 500Km or so). When I said peppier, I mean a kind of different feeling on the right feet whenever you do a slight throttling, a kind of feeling that things are smoother
I am also feeling the same after the oil change. The engine noise seems to have reduced a bit. Or is it just my euphoria ?
Old 22nd May 2009, 20:02   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I've driven on the expressway several times. I've even averaged 25 KM/L on the Pune - Bombay stretch while keeping the top speed under 100 km/hr. On the Bombay - Pune stretch I averaged 23 KM/L. Both the above averages are on the expressway only. I can easily see some one getting 30+ KMPL if they drive under 80 km/hr without the AC and driving alone!
Thats it! Thank you very much for that much required feedback from a Linea D owner. You pretty much summed it up for me. There were 5 of us driving back from Pune in a convoy of 3 cars - a Palio Mjet, the Linea Mjet, followed by my S10, maintaining speeds between 50 & 70 km/h without a/c. Infact, Linea was the only car with just the owner driving alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro;1315345
[B
So, with A/C off, and in an 11pm night at an average speed of 60-70 Kmph, I can imagine about 28-32 Kmpl if driven purely on highway and gently.[/b] But then even Logan was driven to give 37Kmpl just for the sake of it by Autocar India. They did even worse, only one driver and no music system. Co-driver has to come in a separate car following the Logan. In that kind of drives, it could be possible. But for real scenarios, I would rather settle between 19-23 Kmpl on highway at an "average" speed of 65 Kmph (which translates to driving at about 100 Kmph if we have to really maintain an average of 65Kmph)
Agree completely with you. It is not possible to replicate such fuel efficiency every single time. This entire exercise was a one-off to check the max efficiency, what makes it special is the fact that an average Joe can extract close to 30kmpl for a particular highway run, given the right conditions.

I have mentioned in one of my posts earlier that for all practical purposes, one can expect close to 20-22kmpl for a highway run on a regular basis with a full load and a/c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yes, But I've been closely interacting to all MJD Linea owners threads & no one is claiming 33 kmpl FE. In fact now it seems increasingly weird.

On basis of someone else's Car without knowing what is the accurate way of MID showing avg FE & without knowing what is the actual FE Linea-Owners are getting, You've been throwing obnoxious FE figures & then have been arguing with Geeash (who owns a Linea, though petrol) & trying to justify how 33 kmpl FE is possible. On top of that without owning the Linea & knowing its attributes, you're asking Linea-owners to check FE again (in a hope that FE is 33 kmpl?)
Vahanpujari, firstly I would request you to mind your tone. You've got a fitting answer from two Linea Diesel owners. And I am not surprised to not see a reply from you regarding the comments received from Linea D owners that it is not impossible to achieve that kind of efficiency, given the right conditions. I may not be a Linea owner, but I very well understand what the car is all about. Check the very first page of this very thread and you will find a detailed TD report. Ofcourse, you own the car, you will drive it more than I would ever. But that does'nt give you the right to challenge my claim, especially when you own a Petrol. You have asked others for a feedback on the Linea Diesel's fuel efficiency, I have taken feedback from this very drive. Neither you nor I own a Linea Diesel. Does'nt that put you and me on the same platform?

If you bothered to check my posts, you must have read this :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
INevertheless, it does prove that the Linea Diesel is extremely frugal and can give you an average fuel consumption in the range of 20-22 kmpl or thereabouts.
I am trying to explain something that I hope makes sense to you -
I own a Palio S10 with a 100 bhp petrol engine. Unlike the Linea, I have to rely on tank full to tank full method to guage my exact fe. And my car returned an average Fe of 18.7 kmpl for this entire trip. And that my friend is huge. How? Read on ....Myself and team-bhpian rudrah are on our way to Pune at about 2pm along with another Palio Mjet. A/c on fan speed 2, speeds between 80-100 km/h for most part of the jouney. My car usually gives 14-16 kmpl in such conditions. (Since I own the car, I can say that with some conviction). While returning at 11 pm, the Linea D owner from the PUG meet decided to join us. We started back in a convoy, all cars without the a/c and driving constantly at a lazy 50-70 km/h.

My car must have returned about 14-15 kmpl for the drive towards Pune as mentioned earlier. The final figure arrived was 18.7 kmpl as mentioned above. So my car must have returned in excess of 20 kmpl on the drive back (the drive that is in contention here) to arrive at the final figure of 18.7 kmpl. All this from a fuel hungry petrol 1.6 Torque motor that returns only about 7-9 kmpl in Mumbai city on a regular basis! So if a 1.6 petrol can return an astonishing figure of close to 20 kmpl, why is 30 kmpl from a 1.3 Mjet Diesel impossible on a particluar fuel efficiency friendly drive like the one we did. And the very fact that other Linea D owners have mentioned that getting close to 22-25 kmpl for a highway run on a regular basis with a full load and a/c is not that difficult, makes 30 kmpl for this particular drive even more believable.

All said and done, this is my last bit of replying or explaining on this very topic and enough has been said.Enjoy your Linea Petrol, it is a fantastic car and I personally would buy it over the 1.3 Mjet Linea as well.

Cheers

Last edited by khan_sultan : 23rd May 2009 at 10:50. Reason: one logical post
Old 23rd May 2009, 10:42   #859
BANNED

Quote:
You've got a fitting answer from two Linea Diesel owners.
Well, their response shows that they got max 25 kmpl & 25.4 kmpl till now & 33 kmpl or 30+ kmpl is kind of a "wishlist" or "optimistic / realistic probability".

That's the point I was trying to make. When we generally talk FE, we do not talk special/ standard codition FEs else we would have been discussing very very high FEs claimed by manufacturers under "special conditions". But we do not believe it, right? Since later you've agreed that 33 kmpl could be for a special drive conditions and not an FE we can generally talk associated with Linea which is 22-25 kmpl, we both are on the same page.

I generally get an FE of 9 kmpl in Linea P in Mumbai B2B traffic 100% AC ON. Today being Saturday with the W.E. Highway free of traffic, I got 16.5 kmpl for 10 km stretch till halfway mark. By the time I reached my offfice, it has dropped to 14 kmpl. Won't it be misguiding if I state that Linea P gives 16.5 kmpl FE? It may or may not, depending upon conditions, driving style etc

As a Linea owner, I would love to see Linea giving very very high FE & am not against FE of Linea. But then What we WISH, what we CAN get & what we ACTUALLY get are 3 different things.
Old 23rd May 2009, 11:23   #860
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
But I did the oil change early because, I wasn't really following a slow break-in (run-in). I fired right from day one and I believe those guys who claim that the wear and tear around the piston ring happen much earlier than what the mannual suggests. So, I insisted on early change to be on the safer side. I know there are many versions to it and I just followed one - a mix of hard break-in and moderate break-in.
Opendro,

Yes, earlier I had gone thro' your thread thoroughly & also the link you had posted for moderate break-in. that site with all diagrams seems the most logical & I also wanted to do it. But could not do it like you as when I took delivery the ODO was showing 123 kms & by the time I reached home from dealership in extreme Mumbai B2B peak traffic, it was already 165 kms. If I'm not wrong that process suggested short-burst in first 100 - 150 kms with frequent engine-off breaks for letting it cool & then again short burst, right?

Finally at around 650 kms, I took her on highway & applied short-burst with sudden breaks (wanted to check ABS also).

Did you apply that break-in process later? if yes, at how many kms on ODO?

I own a Linea Petrol. Since you know technicalities, let me ask you - should get the oil changed at 1st service @ 3000 kms OR should I do it earlier OR at 15000 kms as per the schedule?
Old 23rd May 2009, 15:47   #861
Senior - BHPian

The best mileage I have got from my S10 is 18.67kmpl. This was on 22/12/2006 on a drive to Shirdi.

Mumbai to Shirdi 4 peope on board.

Shirdi to Nashik 6 people on board

and final leg from Nashik to Mumbai 4 people on board.

I think Linea MJD can easily deliver 22 to 25kmpl in similar conditions. GP should give even more.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:48   #862
BHPian

so its becoming a bit more common now... saw another one at night, and its rear was looking like a ferrari 599, with the lights n all !!
Old 10th August 2009, 14:09   #863
BHPian

I was always wondering when Linea diesel will start coming in the cabbie role, as it gives a lot of value proposition. I had already seen one now in Bangalore, Linea Active.

Though I always believe that a good car will always retain its image irrespective of how it is used, it will be testing time in the case of India.

Sorry for the off topic. I couldn't think of what thread to put this piece of info into.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:49   #864
Senior - BHPian

No i dont want another indica to be made out of linea. please......
Old 10th August 2009, 15:04   #865
Senior - BHPian

I too saw a Linea MJD Emotion pack in yellow board in Bannerghatta Zoo,Bangaore.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:09   #866
Senior - BHPian

Linea taxis i cant believe it.

Now what have they done to this beauty?. in past tamilnadu police was awarded some 500 hyundai accent for the patrol use, after which there were no takers for accent in chennai. i frankly dont want the same to happen for linea too.........
Old 10th August 2009, 19:08   #867
BHPian

BTW. Easy Taxi and Meru Cabs (I guess) have good number of Ford Fiesta too. But I don't think that bothers Fiesta owners as it is also a good car. Or Am I wrong in this department. I wouldn't really care as long as my car is a good one.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:43   #868
Senior - BHPian

I had spotted a Linea with a yellow board few months back. That was an emotion+ variant BTW. Didn't expect it, but not surprising either. It's a premium alternative to the logans and indigos, and there will be some hotels who would consider Linea as an alternative.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:58   #869
Senior - BHPian

There are a couple of linea emotion taxis in cochin too. Not surprising, with the kind of mileage that is posted here!!
Old 10th August 2009, 22:18   #870
BHPian

Hotel Taj Vivanta at ITPL, Bangalore is having Linea for their guest service

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks