Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 02:48   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
it is a 2008 car bought on 8 jan2009. it is the only model available that time. for abs , i have to wait for atleast a month and will probably get a new version with up to 80k price hike an with no 30k discount
I waited 1.5 months for my car with ABS and I travel 80 kms a day. Word is that Hyundai custom makes the cars with ABS only when the order comes in... as there are so few takers for the ABS version. It was a long wait but I hung on to my decision because I knew it would be worth it... and it already has not once but twice... first time I would have run over a bike fellow who did not see a ditch and fell in and the second time happened over this weekend.

I'm doing 120 coming down a bridge and two trucks were on the left side going at 60. Suddenly the truck in the rear decides to overtakes and does not nudge in, but completely turns into my lane! Slammed the brakes... car came to a stand still almost instantly... no squealing, no antics... nothing. The only thing I heard after stopping was my wife's heartbeat and her saying in a faint voice... (after the expletives to the truck wala) Thank god ... you picked up the version with ABS!
Old 29th January 2009, 09:35   #32
BHPian

nice pics notorious...time to get notorious on road now
btw car is screaming for better wheels and alloys.
Old 29th January 2009, 10:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
I waited 1.5 months for my car with ABS and I travel 80 kms a day. Word is that Hyundai custom makes the cars with ABS only when the order comes in... as there are so few takers for the ABS version. It was a long wait but I hung on to my decision because I knew it would be worth it... and it already has not once but twice... first time I would have run over a bike fellow who did not see a ditch and fell in and the second time happened over this weekend.
1.5 month is a too long time i think. when i bought in April 08 it was ready and only took 2 day's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
I'm doing 120 coming down a bridge and two trucks were on the left side going at 60. Suddenly the truck in the rear decides to overtakes and does not nudge in, but completely turns into my lane! Slammed the brakes... car came to a stand still almost instantly... no squealing, no antics... nothing. The only thing I heard after stopping was my wife's heartbeat and her saying in a faint voice... (after the expletives to the truck wala) Thank god ... you picked up the version with ABS!
Same thing had happened to me with my Optra and I was crashed badly before 18 month's or so. Spent around Rs. 2,00,000/- on my car. Now I have Verna which has ABS.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 29th January 2009 at 10:23.
Old 29th January 2009, 10:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car dude , its one hell of a drive ! but be sure that you are comfortable with the brakes and the handling of the car before you push the machine to its limits ( i mean over 150 kmph) if at all you plan on doing so ...

Drive safe pal !
Old 29th January 2009, 22:55   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
1.5 month is a too long time i think. when i bought in April 08 it was ready and only took 2 day's.
Do you have an SX with ABS or the CRDI with ABS? I bought the former and although shorter TAT was promosed, finally got the car after a month and a half.
Old 5th March 2009, 18:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents

Hey I know I'm digging up a (not so) old thread here. But here are my 2 cents:

Waiting Period for ABS: It surprised me to know people had to wait so long to get an ABS model. I bought my car (Ebony Black CRDI SX ABS) in September 2008. The dealer did not have either an Ebony Black car or an ABS equipped car in his inventory, but promised that he would get me one within 14 days from the date of booking. So I paid him a small advance on 11th, and within exactly 14 days the car was ready for delivery.

Benefits of ABS: This is something that cannot be stressed upon enough, particularly for a car like Verna CRDI where the chassis is not up to the maniac standards of the engine. There was one incident where I was coming home from office one night around 9.30 PM. Salt Lake roads are pretty deserted during this time, and I was zooming at about 80-90Ks. About 200mtrs ahead of me, a cycle-rickshaw suddenly swerved out of a lane. My immediate blowing of the horn had a reverse effect, as the guy just saw the car and froze in the middle of the road!

I slammed on the brakes, bracing myself for impact. The car just came to a standstill with no squeal, no skidding, no antics - metres from the rickshaw and its terrified occupants. Of course, the ensuing expletives hurled at the rickshaw guy had no impact on his thick-skulled demeanour. He just calmly pulled away.

It was a great experience for me. My other car is a 2004 Tata Indica, and as owners will attest, high speed braking in that car is an exercise in automotive drama!

Advice to Notorious: As can be seen from your garage pics, the car is still largely stock. Do it a favour and get some cosmetic mods atleast - alloys, skirts, spoilers....the works. Would be happy to help.
Old 6th March 2009, 14:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the purchase.but ABS is missing!!but its worth waiting for and also you get a car done with low miles on odo.
anyways drive safe.

guys I was not able to figure out the car in the pic.behind.
can anyone find-out what it is?
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car , Hyundai Verna VGT SX-dsc00398.jpg  

Old 12th March 2009, 18:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

That is a DC Modded S class.
Check this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...lass-w140.html
Old 13th March 2009, 10:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude whats that emblem below the Hyundai badging ? is it something put there by the dealer ?

My First Car , Hyundai Verna VGT SX-dsc00398.jpg
Old 13th March 2009, 10:56   #40
BHPian

hi, how do you find the ride in the verna? i found it a little bumpy. was it the same with you?
Old 13th March 2009, 11:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sticker shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Hey dude whats that emblem below the Hyundai badging ? is it something put there by the dealer ?
Thats the "10th Anniversary edition" sticker. My Verna comes with the same too.
Old 13th March 2009, 11:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Its Hyundai's 10th Anniversary sticker. Stuck on all cars manufactured in the period of Sept 1 - Nov 30 2008.
Old 13th March 2009, 14:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

notorious, congrats on your buy, would have been better with abs along with if you could have waited, anyways nice colour and verna does fly high with that power in it, ride safe and looking to hear more from your side with few interiors pics too.Any alloys coming with tyres along??
Old 13th March 2009, 14:45   #44
BHPian

Thanx a lot guys for the replys , the car was brought in a hurry so no abs.

Tyres and alloys come soon after stock wears out !!!!!
Old 11th September 2009, 22:03   #45
BHPian

Hello all

Thought of updating my thread so here it goes .....

1. Car is close to 6k on odo.
2. Inspite of two services , the average is 9-10 in city and around 17-18 on highway(620 kilometer trip).
3. I have a feeling that mw front left tyre is tilted to inwards from top.
4.On bumps , the steering wobbles like hell.

Rest is okay and will update soon after attending free 80 point car checkup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks