Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 16:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Rattles in i10??

Surprising!

Can any other i10 owner share the experience on that? or its an exception?

Even though, its a fantastic car, i also feel, that, its a bit overpriced.
I am driving one since last 4 months and there are no rattles at all. It is quite well-built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
Our i10 magna auto has just crossed 2500kms in 6 months, and has been a delight. No squeaks or rattles yet. We love the light steering and the tight turning radius. For the short runabouts we do the transmission is smooth. Haven't checked the mileage but guess should be somewhere around 9kmpl.
I am in the same boat as you. Our i10 has done about 1400kms in 4 months and mileage is slightly better at 11kmpl or so.

Can anyone comment if due to low running of the car, the mileage is not improving?
Old 16th March 2009, 19:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am in the same boat as you. Our i10 has done about 1400kms in 4 months and mileage is slightly better at 11kmpl or so.

Can anyone comment if due to low running of the car, the mileage is not improving?
Your mileage translates to about 12kms per day on an average basis. If this is multiple trips, the mileage you are getting is good. The car will be reaching its running temperature only by about 2 kms of running.

Short multiple trips are not a good combination for mileage.
Old 27th January 2010, 16:28   #18
BHPian

I also own i10 Automatic Sports.
i had bought it in Sep 2008.
i have covered 99xx KM till now.

In Chennai I usually get a millage of 8-9.5kmpl deponding on the traffic and my Mood
its A/C always on.

But on Highway i got 16.5kmpl without A/C and 15.5kmpl with A/C when driving below 120kmph on Hyderabad to Bangalore.

when i was driving 120-140 on Bangalore to chennai i got a millage of only 13.5kmpl, i was never below 120kmph, it was a dream road to drive.
Old 27th January 2010, 21:42   #19

@ d.kiran:

Regarding rattling: Have you considered perhaps, the rattling sounds are from the Radio antenna on the roof of your i10? I read a post from another T-BHP-ian about a weird rattling sound - it turns out, the antenna was the culprit. And you admit to driving along Sirusseri roads so.......try removing the antenna and see if maybe ur problem is solved.

Regarding quality: Really yaar...comparing your Civic interiors to the i10? Probably somewhere on this site, someone has compared his Merc-S500 to the Civic eh!!

Mileage-wise, I got 18.5 KMPL on the Chennai-Krishnagiri-Bangalore route (without AC). With AC on the same route I got 16 KMPL. But this was by strictly keeping to 80-100 KMPH and >3000rpm. In Chennai city I get 10 KMPL.

I guess alloys may do the car a whole lot of good, both in handling and mileage. Now lets see that bank balance........
Old 4th December 2010, 02:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
I had a problem researching for reviews of i10 AT before buying my car, so I figured I will jot down my thoughts as they would be helpful for someone.

Build Quality
Another area where I feel disappointed. The car was delivered with a rattling rear view mirror that they could not fix. Within a 1000 kms, the dash has started to make noises, the seats are rattling.

Performance:
This is one area where I am completely happy with my decision.

Conclusion:
All in all, I am satisfied with my purchase. I do think the car is overpriced, but I could not find a suitable alternative. The only problem being the hard plastics and the build quality. I think the hard plastics are standard across all models at this price range. The build quality is unforgivable though. I expect far better for a company that expects to seriously compete in Europe. Again, the rattling is a problem for Marutis as well.

I dont understand why they still persist with these kind of rattles? Dont enough people complain?

Not sure if I have missed anything here. Oh yes. Mileage kya hai? So far, an average of 10.5 kmpl. Not good but not particularly bad either.

Please ask if you have any questions. Will upload the pics soon. I am planning to get alloys and new tyres (175/65 R14 same as the UK spec) and change the interiors a bit :-)
Request an update on your long term experience with i10 AT.
Old 15th August 2012, 10:02   #21

Re: Hyundai i10 Auto Sportz - 1000 Kms. review

We own an i10 AT. It will be completing one year of running next week. Excellent car but for the mileage. We did one Blore - Chennai - Blore trip and it held up pretty well. Overdrive was awesome. It can kick in some real power on the highway.
I guess one cannot do much about the mileage, the grouse most people have when going for an AT
Old 24th December 2012, 21:20   #22
BHPian

Folks, have any of you had trouble with the lack of a key-lock function in the i10 auto? The key can be removed from the ignition even if the gear is not in P. My wife had a bit of an incident with the car beginning to roll after she got out of the car. She forgot to use the hand break, but the auto should have a mechanism to prevent this. My Skoda will not allow me to remove the key unless the gear is in P.
Old 25th December 2012, 11:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Just bumped into this thread. Surprised to note you faced rattles so soon. Looking at the age of this thread wondering whether you still have the car ? How's she holding up ? My 2010 March Sportz which has done 31K kms is still rattle free and I feel among small cars i10 has the best built quality. Interior finish is very good and all though plastics are hard, they are of a very good grain and texture. The steering is also of soft feel plastic and wonder why you felt its cheap and badly machined - probably yoou are comparing it with a Civic !

Last edited by narayan : 25th December 2012 at 11:40.
Old 26th May 2013, 21:13   #24
BHPian

Hi
I have a 2013 i10 Sportz AT which has covered 1600 Kms till date. I wanted to know if the Car rocks (whakes) a little when you shift from Park to Drive. Mine doesn't do it all the time, but it does it very often. Some info will be greatful.
Old 2nd June 2013, 22:49   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitnallani View Post
Hi
I have a 2013 i10 Sportz AT which has covered 1600 Kms till date. I wanted to know if the Car rocks (whakes) a little when you shift from Park to Drive. Mine doesn't do it all the time, but it does it very often. Some info will be greatful.
Yes it's natural that on the i10 automatic, there will be a small amount of "shake" when shifted to driving mode from "P" or "N" - both forward and reverse. The car's instruction manual says that the driver must push on the brake just before shifting, to smooth this effect. If your hand brake is up, then you can try shifting BEFORE releasing it. This takes practice. BTW this effect gets less noticeable with more load in the car, or starting off from an upward slope etc. You can even notice a difference starting off with the A/C on, and without it.
Old 26th November 2015, 17:36   #26
BHPian

Joining in this thread now, since we recently got a July 2011 i10 Sportz AT into our garage. It is for my wife, who had previously owned a March 2010 i10 Magna 1.2 Kappa (bought new), but was not driving it around since she was not comfortable with the manual transmission. We had decided to change the i10 quite a few months ago, but due to non-availability of a used i10 AT or because those which were in the market were very late models and commanding higher price, we took our own time.
The old i10 had run 31900km till the day it was sold. We got a good price for it, from a direct buyer.
The new i10 AT had run only 11200km when we bought it, so it was like getting a car that was half the age of the previous one. The car was bought from Mahindra First Choice. They were very good in their service and have got all the paperwork done professionally and without any hassle.
It has now been a month and a half since the car is with us and my wife has re-started driving classes in the morning. She finds it really easy to drive and hassle free. Will post pics soon.
Till then, happy motoring!

Last edited by sasi405 : 26th November 2015 at 17:37. Reason: adding info.
Old 26th November 2015, 20:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
The new i10 AT had run only 11200km when we bought it, so it was like getting a car that was half the age of the previous one. The car was bought from Mahindra First Choice.
I know you would have checked this, did you confirm the kilometers on this car.

Also, if not already done, take it to an authorized service center for general service and enquire if the previous services has been done at the specified intervals.

I am getting about 9 - 10 kmpl on our i10 sportz AT that my sister drives and she finds it really comfortable. I drive it almost every weekend.

I still cannot figure out on how hyundai managed to put out such a little power and such less FE, when the competing Maruti suzuki has much better FE on a similar 1.2 engine.
Old 26th November 2015, 21:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I know you would have checked this, did you confirm the kilometers on this car.

Also, if not already done, take it to an authorized service center for general service and enquire if the previous services has been done at the specified intervals.

I am getting about 9 - 10 kmpl on our i10 sportz AT that my sister drives and she finds it really comfortable. I drive it almost every weekend.

I still cannot figure out on how hyundai managed to put out such a little power and such less FE, when the competing Maruti suzuki has much better FE on a similar 1.2 engine.
Thanks! Yes, we had confirmed with the earlier owner as well as ran a check with Hyundai. The last service was done when it was about 9800km, about 6 months ago. The car was indeed run only very little. It was in a household with quite a few cars. That way, Mahindra First Choice is quite forthcoming with details.
And yes, the FE seems to be quite terrible. However, considering that this car will be used for approximately 10km a week, I guess that should not matter much. The full tank that I filled when we took delivery is still at half tank.
The acceleration at kick-down is quite good. In fact, I found it faster than the manual version.
Old 27th November 2015, 19:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
And yes, the FE seems to be quite terrible. However, considering that this car will be used for approximately 10km a week, I guess that should not matter much. The full tank that I filled when we took delivery is still at half tank.
The acceleration at kick-down is quite good. In fact, I found it faster than the manual version.
A 2009 i10 AT is my daily drive (40 kms per day in mixed conditions) and I get appx 12.5 kmpl FE.
Speaking of power delivery, it is enough for the city and byepass roads, although underpowered and lightweight for the highways.

Most Viewed