Team-BHP - Fiat Palio Multijet 1.3 Diesel (MJD) - 3200 KM report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Fiat Palio Multijet 1.3 Diesel (MJD) - 3200 KM report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/51972-fiat-palio-multijet-1-3-diesel-mjd-3200-km-report-3.html)

If any other palio owner has noticed when you drive relaxed on 4th and 5th gear you can hold the steering as well rest your elbows on the door handle and left foot on the dead pedal on long highway drives,awesome ergonomics indeed.

One definitely appreciates the ergonomics. I noticed while I took my MJD for a long drive (more than 2500 km). However, there is one thing I didn't like: the seat belt. After a while it starts to bite into the shoulder and pull you backward. I found it very painful. When I checked the make I found the ones at the back are made in Brazil, but the make of ones in the front I couldn't decipher. I have taken cars like Innova, Scorpia, Cielo etc. on long drive but never felt this tightening of the seat belt. Is there any way to make the Palio seat belt less tight?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomRider (Post 1132439)
Agreed! I spotted two MJD and one 1.1 on my way to office.
On my way back: 11 MJD (includes 1 grey taxi) and three 1.1. I did not count the older version of Palios.

And me being the owner of a mint white Palio, told my wife, "See. This is one good thing with white MJD's. Enjoy the sheer exclusivity!" And there comes a white MJD from the opposite direction.

Yes! The palios are no longer unique in Bangalore.

TomRider:

Next time you see a furnace red Palio MJD with a TN plate in Bangalore, wave out. I'll be sure to return the wave. Hurrah for more Palios!

palio dead pedal is a Blessing during long highway drives on 5th gear to rest ur left foot ready for action when u enter city again :)

I am used to spotting lot of MJD's in bangalore and feel gud about other felow drivers who still appreciate driving a fiat.

People like to call the interiors of the Palio dated. They may be dated but the design is good. The swift has got new interiors, but what is the use if they don't provide comfort.
Another thing, always use the AC, Fiats don't have too much difference in FE with or without AC. In any case you will make the interiors dirty without AC. The cost of cleaning the interiors is more than the saving by not using AC. Additionally you can enjoy the cool air with AC. So effectively it is cheaper to use the AC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrolourenco (Post 1315207)
People like to call the interiors of the Palio dated. They may be dated but the design is good. The swift has got new interiors, but what is the use if they don't provide comfort.
Another thing, always use the AC, Fiats don't have too much difference in FE with or without AC. In any case you will make the interiors dirty without AC. The cost of cleaning the interiors is more than the saving by not using AC. Additionally you can enjoy the cool air with AC. So effectively it is cheaper to use the AC.

Palio's strong AC is a great relief when car is parked in sun during hot summer afternoon.

It cools as soon as u start driving within 5 minutes at high fan speed then you can start reducing the speed and gradually switch on/off as required

Car should be more functional and solution to the passengers problems rather than just the interior design and beauty :)

hi

all having a small issue my steering becomes hard at low speeds and very nimble at high speeds this has started happening since they changed my steering column and pumps after it broke down on the highway . Haev done approx 14000 kms. in 17 months.

I assume this is serious but some how it never happens when they are testing the car.

And my clutch hardens up after every 300 kms. i take it to them they do somehting called air breeding/ bleeding / breathing it turns smooth but then it comes back again.

I am fed up of this is there any long term solution to these issues.

Tata concorde is yes sir and all but at the end nothing really changes. I am referring to Chennai ambattur

New Update!!

1 year 3 months, 20,000 KM.
Third free servicing just completed.
Recent calculated fuel efficiency after servicing: 23 KMPL under city driving conditions without A/C
Some rattles and squeaks existed before the servicing and most of them were removed during the servicing but a few still remain.
Gearshift is smoother than ever but the clutch is still rather heavy compared to other cars.
Need to replace windscreen wipers because slight streaks are now visible.
Engine noise has reduced compared to what it was before servicing but I still think the Palio could do with better noise dampening.
The issue of the car feeling like it is out of fuel at speeds near 100KMPH is now solved - apparently after cleaning the injectors.
The problem of the emergency brake light coming on during acceleration is also solved - after checking for loose connection in the electricals and topping up on brake fluid.

All in all, very satisfied so far.

Hi, glad to note your satisfaction levels with the Palio. I own a Palio MJD too and love it. Aptly said, the interiors are not ravishing but very functional. Very comfortable during long travel too. I have done a 10 hour journey and did not feel really tired after that.

@MS001 - I use Piranha after market remote locking. It is working fine. Been a year and half now. The connection wires for Palio is opposite to the regular ones in other cars. You need to be vary of it. Not all after market dealers might know this.

Hi All

Not sure whether BHP'ians are aware of the Palio Dhamaka offer. Anyway, got to know about this offer from PUG (Palio Users Group).

In this offer, Coimbatore Puggers booked 9 Palio MJD's in all. The models varying from 2008 to 2010 which includes two 1.1 and seven 1.3MJD.

It was a once in a lifetime offer and hence I went ahead and booked 2 cars. One a replacement to our Indigo and the other for our Palio 1.2 Sport.

Both the cars booked by me are 2008 manufactured Palio MJD SDX Ozone Blue (only Ozone Blue was available for 2008) for an on-road cost of Rs.3,66,100/- with free insurance, 4 yrs extended warranty and 4 yrs road side assistance.

Currently all the available 2008 and 2009 cars are sold out (about 50 odd cars including 1.1 and 1.6) and 2010 can be availed for Rs.4,10,000/- EX-SHOWROOM. But 2010 models are made on order and hence comes with 40 day waiting period.

So I'm eagerly awaiting the two Blue MJD to make their way home :). Expecting to take delivery by June 18.

I would like to Quote some staggering figures from this offer:

Posted by: "Balamurugan S" rosebala3

Mon Jun 7, 2010 2:52 am (PDT)

[FONT=Georgia]
Dear All,

As Makesh wrote, Stile Dhamaka Offer closed. Some details(Interesting
) are as follows.

Makeshravi and Myself started this project to find the Palio Stile MJs from FIAT stock. Then we came to know that some more MJs are also there. So we got so involved to finalize all the MJs and Stile 1.1s for thePUGians and others. We targeted only 50 vehicles. But see the following statistics.

2008 Palios - 8 nos sold :)
2009 Palios - 42 nos sold
2010 Palios - 377(?!) nos booked. Not have a proof of this magic number.

So our demand have hit more the montly production of FIAT. Why can't FIAT can continue the STILE in the starting diesel car segment?

Makesh and Mysefl have 100% satisfaction with this deal. As a PUGian we did something for our members. The same time give the opportunity to FIAT have raise the counts in STILE Category. FEEL VERY GOOD.

Bala. S
PALIO 2003 ; 1.2 ELX ; G.White ; 48000 KMS ; TN Regn
[/FONT]

h14, excellent deal there and congrats. The Palio is an excellent car with a great diesel engine. I am sure you and your family will enjoy every moment of owning it

As I've indicated in my previous post, the two new MJD's have arrived.

It’s almost a week now since the two Ozone blue MJD’s have reached home. These two MJD’s have come in as replacement to the Palio 1.2 Sport and Indigo TDI which are now sold. Both are 2008 SDX.

So, both the cars are ready and raring to go. Even the ICE setup is complete. One car has got 98PCD Veloche alloys with 175/65 R14 Michelin XM1+ while the other will continue with the stock rim and tire’s for now.

Car 1
Veloche 98 PCD alloys.
175/65 R14 Michelin XM1 Plus
Pioneer 4250 SD head unit with USB/SD.
6” MTX Components up front.
6x9 Coustic at the rear with wooden pad.

Car 2
Alpine head unit with USB.
6” Auditor components up front, nothing at the rear.

Took the car1 for a 150 odd kilometer drive and I was just awestruck with the fuel efficiency. Filled up fuel and started the journey, the car had just clocked 250kms on the odo. Drove conservatively with speeds at about 80 and occasionally touching 100. The air-con was on full blast throughout the journey and returned back to the same fuel station. The trip meter read 155kms, filled up diesel at the same outlet and it didn't take any more than 7.3 liters :Shockked:, the result 21.23kmpl!

I never expected these figures for a new car. Anyhow, it can only improve, so just cant help smiling. But what ever may be, I still miss the good old 1.2 Sport which is now sold. Had it for 8 years, so I guess its gotta take time to get it out of my mind.

Some pictures:

The 1.2Sport which we had to sell with a heavy heart

Fiat Palio Multijet 1.3 Diesel (MJD) - 3200 KM report-dsc00107.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopikb (Post 1928749)
h14, excellent deal there and congrats. The Palio is an excellent car with a great diesel engine. I am sure you and your family will enjoy every moment of owning it

Thanks gopikb!

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_guns (Post 1699174)
New Update!!

1 year 3 months, 20,000 KM.
Third free servicing just completed.
Recent calculated fuel efficiency after servicing: 23 KMPL under city driving conditions without A/C
Some rattles and squeaks existed before the servicing and most of them were removed during the servicing but a few still remain.
Gearshift is smoother than ever but the clutch is still rather heavy compared to other cars.
Need to replace windscreen wipers because slight streaks are now visible.
Engine noise has reduced compared to what it was before servicing but I still think the Palio could do with better noise dampening.
The issue of the car feeling like it is out of fuel at speeds near 100KMPH is now solved - apparently after cleaning the injectors.
The problem of the emergency brake light coming on during acceleration is also solved - after checking for loose connection in the electricals and topping up on brake fluid.

All in all, very satisfied so far.

Hi great_guns, these are great figures that you are achieving. Congrats!