Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:33   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
- When the steering is at either of the ends meaning if you turn the steering to the maximum there is a distinct hum coming. I heard this is there for all Tata vehicles including Safari . Is it so.
Well the noise should be coming from the steering pump when the steering reaches at the extreme ends.

Its the same in Palio too..so no worries unless its irriating your ears!
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:36   #32
BHPian

Nice writeup

Baburaj..
Nice writeup there. We are still waiting for the photos. It would be great to see a livesnap on this forum.
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:49   #33
BHPian

Congrats... I quite like the small changes they made. Enjoy the car and keep us posted...
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:03   #34
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car

Quote:
will have a new post of the my experiences with Vista. It has already given me some.

Wait for for that!!! ......
I hope the experiences are pleasant. We are waiting for the narration and some pics
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the same in Palio too
There is no such sound in my Palio. I don't think those sounds are normal.

Quote:
When the steering is at either of the ends meaning if you turn the steering to the maximum there is a distinct hum coming. I heard this is there for all Tata vehicles including Safari . Is it so.
Quote:
My Car too makes the humming noise zzzzzz sometimes when I am turning the steering especially at idle.
There was an article in ACI about delays in Vista production due to faulty power steering systems. I think it's better to check out the problems you guys are talking about.
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:19   #36
BHPian

congrats on your new car and nice writeup reads like a tragedy with a happy ending by gods grace
saw a vista anniversary edition on road today looks really neat waiting for your photos ur car must be killer with the new tyres and sunfilm
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
- When the steering is at either of the ends meaning if you turn the steering to the maximum there is a distinct hum coming. I heard this is there for all Tata vehicles including Safari . Is it so.
Normal. Don't worry about the sound, but please don't keep the steering turned to the extremes unless necessary while turning.
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:52   #38
BHPian

Pics Pls

Baburaj,
Congrats on your new buy. I believe this is the first anniversary edition on T-BHP. Pls post some pics of your car when you have some time.
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:03   #39
BHPian

Hi guys , planning to shift to diesel car , from my getz , Have been reading thru different forum on rattling and minor problems etc .would request exisiting Vista ppl for feedback and what FE to expect .Awaiting your suggestions
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Still waiting for pics mate!
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:30   #41
BHPian

Ok so here I go,

Got the car and on the second day wanted to go to my ICE guy as i had to do tuning of my setup. Reached a Signal and stood there. After a minute - BANGGGGG!!!. My heart stopped for a minute. I didnt want to get out of the car. I thought . O My God . what has happened. Get out of the car and so a guy standing guilty faced on a bike. The back left side of the bumper is all black and the mudguard is also affected a little bit. I was completly shattered.

This is what has happened. I was standing in the signal. This guy got a message on his blackberry and took the phone and looked it. And ON A BIKE
!!!!!!. Didnt see the signal and banged on my brand new car!!!!!.

Took him directly to the TATA service centre and asked how much the correction will cost. He was a decent guy and payed me the amount. The service guys also rubbed and cleaned the area. The bumper didnt have any problem. But a little paint was gone from the mudguard. I was relieved that its not a big problem and can be fixed easily in the first service. But now I know that my car is strong!!!. Nothing will happen to it easily.

Thats one experience and counting.

Will come with photos and more stories..... Please wait.....
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Oh thats bad. Don't get too bothered. These all will be part and parcel of car ownership

Now please post pics. In proper light!
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Please send some of these nice bikers to Gurgaon also. we need this breed to increase !!
Old 23rd January 2009, 21:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok so here I go,

Got the car and on the second day wanted to go to my ICE guy as i had to do tuning of my setup. Reached a Signal and stood there. After a minute - BANGGGGG!!!.
Hope this doesn't dent your ownership experience!
Glad that it turned out OK in the end.
Old 9th February 2009, 16:14   #45
BHPian

After a long hiatus here I come. Was really busy with work and with my Kid :-). I am posting some pictures of my beauty. will write more about the experiences after that

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks