Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 14:26   #76
BHPian

Congratulations, Baburajs ...

Pretty nice pictures .. The limited edition looks pretty neat and I am really impressed with the quality of the interiors given the fact that it from a Tata stable. Have a nice time driving her around?

QQ: Are the alloys stock?
Old 11th February 2009, 14:26   #77
BHPian

BTW, the alloys are really cool looking.
Old 11th February 2009, 16:09   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I must say that the car looks too good.
They should offer the white + Black roof in the normal variants too.

Congrats on the purchase. Do run it in properly.
+1 on that. In fact i believe this could be the sports variant as it do have the looks and not that pathetic Xeta one
Old 11th February 2009, 17:46   #79
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks superb, am sure you will chearish this for many years with a big wide grin on your face.
Old 11th February 2009, 18:38   #80
BHPian

Great Looking Car - take good care of hers & she'll serve you well...
Old 11th February 2009, 19:12   #81
BHPian

I have run in her properly till about 1250 Kms when i gave her for the 1st service. Never went beyong 2000 rpm. now i am starting to take her higher slowly so that she can get used to it.

It is indeed great to drive her. After 1750 RPM she takes off and that when the fun starts. But below that too she doesnt feel under powered. Moves like any other car.
Old 31st March 2009, 17:48   #82
BHPian

Done 5600 Kms till now. Did the second service. Changed the oil and did a flush of the engine. Now she is running like a dream. Good power . havent checked the mileage till now after the service . Will update it when I fill in Diesel.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:03   #83
Senior - BHPian

Baburajs, congrats on vista LE edition, looks stunning, keep updating with some closeups of alloys if you can post.CHEERS!!
Old 15th April 2009, 13:46   #84
BHPian

update at 6200 Kms

yes I have completed 6200 kms and the car is running like dream .Finished 2 services till now. Changed the engine oil in the second service itself and did an engine flush. The car is good and I am happy with the buy. These are my sore points with the car. Please help me with them

1. I am only gettiing mileage of 15 kmpl . I use shell normal diesel.Is it because of the 195 tyres that i have put. or is it because i have put these tyres in the stock alloys.

2. The AC takes long time to cool on sunny days. Is this normal or is there less freon in the system.

3. The driving seat squeaks. Have to use WD40 and see if this improves.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:26   #85
BHPian

The Vista is a breath of fresh air compared to the old Indica. The anniversary edition looks great. In all a great buy and thanks for the ownership updates, keep them coming...
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:27   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
2. The AC takes long time to cool on sunny days. Is this normal or is there less freon in the system.
I have a Indigo CS and I faced the thing. I guess it is normal, given that increasing Bangalore heat. Also, if you are using AC, I would suggest use it continuously apart from switching off at traffic lights. I used to switch it on and off often and that dented the mileage. Because the cabin becomes warmer in few minutes and AC has to do extra work to get it back to comfort cool conditions. Also, can it be because of the black roof top you have, it is getting extra hot! just a wild guess...
Old 3rd May 2009, 21:46   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
1. I am only gettiing mileage of 15 kmpl . I use shell normal diesel.Is it because of the 195 tyres that i have put. or is it because i have put these tyres in the stock alloys.
The mileage you are getting is normal for Bangalore traffic. Although people claim 17+ mileage for the multijet cars, it is definitely not for Bangalore its for cities with lesser traffic and less idling at signals.

In Bangalore the idling at signals itself will consume so much of fuel, but then idling has so many advantages like
1) Turbocharger's life
2) Battery life
3) Keep the AC On

that the mileage loss is worth it!

My Vista TDI gives 13.5 with AC on and 14.5 with AC off.

Last edited by revhappy : 3rd May 2009 at 21:47.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:38   #88
BHPian

8500 kms update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
The mileage you are getting is normal for Bangalore traffic. Although people claim 17+ mileage for the multijet cars, it is definitely not for Bangalore its for cities with lesser traffic and less idling at signals.

Any way I am happy with the mileage I am getting. At 8500 kms these are my Observations

-No Major ratteling anywhere
-Breaks are squealing a bit, but only a bit
-This is a monster on Highway. very comfortable, very powerful and good road presence
-Cornering at high speeds is not very confidence inspiring. but the 195 tyres help a bit. have to think about a performance upgrade on suspension
-Lastly but most importantly all my family like the car.
Old 26th August 2009, 16:25   #89
BHPian

15000 Kms update

Yeah me and my baby are chugging along. Finished 15K on the ODO . Have given her to have an Oil change and normal service. No problems till now. But had this bad experience while driving to Calicut from Bangalore.

We had finished the forest section and was at about 90 Km/ hr . The roads were very good and I thought we can cover the distance quite fast. But when a turned a bend , Alas there was a great crater on the road which covered the whole road. I couldnt have done anything as I also had my friend in Accent CRDI behind. Tried to brake and then vent in to the pot hole. didnt hear much but after coming off the hole I knew there was something terribly wrong. The left front tyre was making a lot of noise. I stopped the car and inspected. The tyre had been deflated. I thought that the Alloy wheel would have bent and released the air. But on closer inspection i found that my michellin tyre had a hole where it was meeting the alloy wheel. I was really worried if the suspension had taken any hit or not. After changing to the spare tyre drove another 100 Kms. didnt find any problem. Went to calicut did the alignment again and also the balancing of the new tyre. Then drove back. I was feeling quite confident that nothing else is damaged. Still wanted to assure because i was driving back to kerala next weekend. So have given it to the service centre with a special request to look at the fron suspension.

But other than that it has been absolute pleasure to be with my car. No major rattles . quite silent now and the gearing has become much smoother.

Hope that there will be no problems with the suspension parts.
Old 26th August 2009, 16:52   #90

e11/congo on your successful 15k running with out rattles

i had got rattles in 8k running on my indica turbo so sold off

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks