Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:39   #91
BHPian

TATA *** - The great story. I am impressed

Wanted to give an update at 1800 Kms. Before that I will update on an experience that I had which made me pleasantly surprised.

Off late I was having a very strange sound coming out from the left front side of my car whenever i was going through slightly bad roads or when I was accelerating or when i was downshifting. It was like the suspension is making a very bad "Kad Kad" noise. It was very disturbing and I was feeling there is something very wrong with the suspension. Took her to the Prerana motors workshop on Hosur road and gave it there on the friday before the diwali. I took a service advisor on a test drive and made him understand what is the problem. he told me that this is the first car that had this problem. They were confused and so was I

On Friday evening I called them. they had changed the front suspension and was testing the car. The sound was still there. Then they asked me to take the car if i wanted it for the long weekend because they will start working on it only from next wednesday. So I went there and collected the car. they had done the alignment and nitrogen filling for me on that day. Drove during the weekend with the sounds ( It was very irritating and very disturbing) and gave it back on wednesday. The service guy told me that he will be opening the steering box to understand what is the problem and will update me in the afternoon. He promptly called me in the afternoon and told me that still the problem is not solved and the steering column and box didnt have any problems. He asked more time and i told him he can take time but I want my car sound free.

The next day he calls me in the afternoon and tells me that all problems are solved . It was a problem with the body line screws . some of them were loose and that was causing the problem. Oh Boy !!! wasnt i releived. It is another case that they took so much of time to find the problem. I went there in the evening and got the car. It was a dream now. No sounds , no rattles only the sound of the engine. They also had done the new ECU flashing and remapping for AC effectiveness and some other changes. The bill was Rs 0 . I was again surprised.

So they had done all the hardwork and the service advisor was also very happy in helping me. He told me that the car did play trick over them but was satisfied with the job. they did nitrogen filling , alignment and balancing and washing without charging me anything.

I am really impressed with A-S-S of TATA now a days . All the services for me have been a breeze without any problems. Dont know why still people have this feeling about TATA A-S-S.

Anyway this is my update at 18000 Kms

- No Rattles what so ever
- Mileage is consistent at 14 - 15 with 100% AC in City
- car has become smooth and the kick at 1750 rpm is addictive
- The gear may not be in the range of a swift but are good.
- Space is awesome man. It is really like a 1 BHK house. :-)
- Stability on Highways is awesome.
- Brakes are a little circumspect. Have to see what has to be done here. TATA you cheated us not giving ABS on this one.

Upgrades planned.

PETES Tuning box.
Green CAI or stock replacement filter.
Leather seats & dash a la new anniversary addition ( the color combination will change )
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:58   #92
BHPian

Thanks Baburaj... You are getting decent mileage for Bangalore. Do you use it heavily in hardcore Bangalore traffic?
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:09   #93
BHPian

Thanks for that update. You are lucky to have found a good A S S, many of us are not. Anyway how is the AC performing after the ECU flash?
Old 24th October 2009, 16:30   #94
BHPian

They also had done the new ECU flashing and remapping for AC effectiveness and some other changes.

Hey what is exactly done in the ECU flashing and AC remapping????
Sorry but i dont know what these things are.
Old 24th October 2009, 18:12   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Thanks Baburaj... You are getting decent mileage for Bangalore. Do you use it heavily in hardcore Bangalore traffic?
Yes I do drive in hardcore bangalore traffic. If you can call ORR , MG road and all those places as hardcore traffic.

Prash . I think ECU flashing means to program the chip in the ECU to act in a particular way. May it is like releasing a patch for the software.
Old 24th October 2009, 19:55   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
Yes I do drive in hardcore bangalore traffic. If you can call ORR , MG road and all those places as hardcore traffic.
Thanks. You have got really good fuel efficiency. My parents are toying with the idea of a Vista. From your experience it seems like a safe bet.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:21   #97
BHPian

I think if its for a family car , it will be perfect. Please use the Team BHP check list for pdi and that will help you in catching all small problems before the delivery itself. And check the new anniversary edition vista which has leather interiors and new type od AC controls . It looks fantastic.

And guys the update I gave was for 18000 Kms and not 1800.

Last edited by Baburajs : 24th October 2009 at 23:24.
Old 25th October 2009, 07:14   #98
BHPian

It will be used as a family car with decent kms every month. The only worry is finding a good service outlet near to our house.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:54   #99
BHPian

Your continous log report is quite a nice read and quite confidence inspiring for me.. I will take my vista for a few long drives this coming november, and your thread give me the confidence to do that. please keep on updating it
cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks