Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 10:05   #1
BHPian

Ford Ikon Tdci - Now with Carputer

It has been a long struggle to choose a car .Almost all hatches were evaluated right from the spark to the swift . Then came the idea that what if we can get a sedan for the price of a hatch .The first sedan came into consideration was tata indigo cs .But after a test drive and after seeing indigo cs taxi's (image problem )it was ruled out .Since there was no other option available finally booked swift vdi and joined the queue.

One fine day came the Ford's josh machine in new avatar .Even though it is an aging machine ,the diesel heart the price and the space dragged us towards her. After lot of brainstorming and discussions cancelled swift and booked black ikon on "20-nov-08" at kairal ford. "Sir we dont have waiting periods like mauti .You will get the car in 2 weeks .please make your loan and cash ready" .

Days passed, finalised accessories for the car and waited .No call from the delear .On 08-dec called the executive ."Sir please pay the full amount and car will be deliverd by 15th". But i insisted that the full amount will be paid only after i see the car and he said ok. Days ran by and the there came 15-dec and still no information about the car .Two days later called the executive . "sir,Black color is not available ,Morello is available,black will come only in next lot that is by jan 15 -2009 " .I got angry and called the sales manager from kairali ford .He apologized and told me that the chennai plant is shutdown for maintenance and assured me that the vehicle will be delivered on or before 15 jan and will carry a YOM as jan-09. I told ok and waiting continued.

On jan 9 got a call executive saying that the car will be available by jan 15. I called the manager and he also repeated the same.I called the executive on jan 13 to know about the delivery date. "Sir , because of truck strike the car has not yet reached will be available in a couple of days".
Till now there is no clue of delivery date and the waiting continues ... Now i'm in a real desperate mood ..

Last edited by aah78 : 18th January 2009 at 21:51. Reason: Additional smileys removed. Please restrict to 2/post. Thanks!
bullboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2009, 10:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

heh. you can interpret it in two ways
1. you will get a new car, fresh off the truck
2. your car is here , and probably being used as a TD vehicle right now

hope its the former . I've run into the same issues too. the dealers claim they'll deliver in a week or so, and in the end , take their own sweet time
Old 18th January 2009, 10:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Boss,

have you emailed Ford - what have they said?
Old 18th January 2009, 10:33   #4
BHPian

How much money have you paid? If you have not paid any money then they should be desperate to sell you the car and get your money, since during these recessionary days everybody has cash flow problems.

If you have not paid money yet then they may be genuine.
If you have not paid the money dont be desperate, you have not lost anything and currently its the buyer's market and not the sellers.
Threaten them that you will cancel booking and see how they fall in place.

Cheers,
Nitin

Last edited by revhappy : 18th January 2009 at 10:37.
Old 18th January 2009, 10:39   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Patience, my friend

Congrats, bullboy.

So the wait begins. Now that you have booked, Pls have some patience. No point in pushing the dealer now - but doesnt mean you dont give him regular reminders.
Quote:
bullboy : "Sir we dont have waiting periods like mauti .You will get the car in 2 weeks .please make your loan and cash ready" .
"But we have our own waiting periods", is what he meant. Nice way to make you pay upfront. Good you didnt give in.

Quote:
bullboy : "sir,Black color is not available ,Morello is available,black will come only in next lot that is by jan 15 -2009 " .
Standard tactics to push available colors.

Quote:
bullboy : .. told me that the chennai plant is shutdown for maintenance
Yeah, tell me about it. Production line shut down for Maintenance less than 2 months after starting production of a new car ? Have heard the same in November too ..

Quote:
greenhorn : .. the dealers claim they'll deliver in a week or so, and in the end , take their own sweet time
Patience, patience. Remember - you will have to go back for servicing.

Quote:
phamilyman : have you emailed Ford - what have they said?
Will it help ? doubtful. Have contacted Ford for another question, and the person who responded seemed to be there to only show response. Dont see concrete answers coming from that direction. And it's a new model, in demand. Booking ques & pressures will very likely be quoted.
Old 18th January 2009, 10:46   #6
Team-BHP Support

Somewhere else they mentioned Morello is difficult to source, and now they say black?!

Hang on a bit, bullboy. As condor mentioned, give them regular gentle reminders.

Between, has there been any price rise since the new year?
Old 18th January 2009, 11:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Condor,

I had a lovely experience when I emailed Fiat CEO about their useless dealer Dhingra motors. I only went with the Swift because I can't email the CEO everytime to discipline the (then) only dealer in town! But it can sure prepone delivery

Last edited by phamilyman : 18th January 2009 at 11:06.
Old 18th January 2009, 11:34   #8
Team-BHP Support

Bull boy, pay the showroom a surprise visit and see if they are using your car (in fact any Black Ikon Tdci) as a test drive mule.
Old 18th January 2009, 11:43   #9
BANNED

Sorry for the feeling cause by Ford. Dealer should have known better. Ford woes continues. Hopefully you get the car soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Till now there is no clue of delivery date and the waiting continues ... Now i'm in a real desperate mood ..
Ford India themselves arent exactly the most cordial when it comes to addressing customer complaints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Boss,

Old 18th January 2009, 14:25   #10
BHPian

Quote:
1. you will get a new car, fresh off the truck
2. your car is here , and probably being used as a TD vehicle right now
The dealer have a Red ikon with test drive vehicle written on the sides .So i dont think they will use another one for TD.
Quote:
Nope .I didn't .
Quote:
How much money have you paid? If you have not paid any money then they should be desperate to sell you the car and get your money, since during these recessionary days everybody has cash flow problems.
I paid only 50k as booking amount .
Quote:
Patience, patience. Remember - you will have to go back for servicing.
That is holding me back from a quarrel :-)
Quote:
Somewhere else they mentioned Morello is difficult to source
True . I also heard like that but never know.
Quote:
Between, has there been any price rise since the new year?
No.They adjusted with cenvat cut.
Quote:
Bull boy, pay the showroom a surprise visit
Going Tomorrow :-) .

But i feel 2 months waiting period for Ikon is ridiculous ,may be Ikon has demand and i am 22nd in the booking list. My friend is waiting for his Dzire ZDi for 5months,still no clue whether he will get it in near future.

I may travel abroad in a week or two so i'm in a hurry that is why i'm loosing patience.
Old 18th January 2009, 14:39   #11
BHPian

Congratulations for booking your new car..I can understand your impatience..Do not forget to do a proper pdi ..cheers
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:14   #12
BHPian

Thanks Guys for the wishes .Visited the dealership.The load has not yet arrived . The ASM, has assured me that it will be delivered before 28th and i'm the first priorty customer.Also he stated that they made only 4 deliveries in 2008 as the stock was not available . I could not find any new ikon in the premise apart from the demo car.
Since i will be leaving by 29th do i need to make the payment tomorrow ?
Also they are charging 1.5 k for temp reg and another 1.5k for permanent reg.
Is this ok?
Old 1st February 2009, 09:14   #13
BHPian

After a long wait the car has arrived finally and is in dealers yard with full of dust. Had a look at it yesterday.Will be going for registration on monday and delivery on same day.
I'm opting for extended 1 yr warranty from ford. Is the remote security system by ford is good ? It is an autocop model .price 3850/- and has only basic functions. Or should i go for aftermarket ones?
Old 1st February 2009, 09:18   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

@Bullboy, congrats !

The Ford unit is also an autocop. (I think Chevy also uses one of these). Looks sufficient from the usage till now. It costs 3.5k here, not 3850.

Do check how fussy your dealer is reg the wty being affected with after-market stuff.

Also, pls share the accessories you have selected & the prices. Are you going for alloys ?
Old 1st February 2009, 09:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Woah! Congrats - your patience is commendable and I hope the josh of the new car puts the pain of waiting away!!
Congrats and do keep updating the thread!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks