Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 23:09   #16
BHPian

Nice alloys my dear friend.

What was the cost of the footwear makeover?
Old 18th January 2009, 23:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalii View Post
Nice alloys my dear friend.

What was the cost of the footwear makeover?
Hi,
Thanks for the compliments

The Samurais and Yokohamas cost me 46k. Buyback of 20.5k for the stock alloys and tyres.

Karan,
Come over to Chennai dude
Old 19th January 2009, 00:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude.
The footwear looks amazing

How much did you get the sun film for?
Old 19th January 2009, 00:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

You just come to Bangalore dude, i will make sure your wallet is a hell lot lighter in your ICE upgrade
Old 4th February 2009, 12:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ok time for some updates.

Close to 3 weeks now, and the car has clocked 1000 kms. Not quite a lot since my office is just 2 kms from my residence.

It's currently at CARS India for the 1st service. Apart from a small non-recognizable dent, there aint much issues.The front LHS power window switch gets jammed at times. Have asked him to check the same. Also the regular Engine oil change plus underbody treatment. Should come close to Rs 3000 for the 1st service.

I've done one highway trip to Pondicherry. Though handling and zippy-ness is inherent, I am pained with both the low-rev acceleration (Need to downshift to 1st gear on most of the speed breakers) and top-end acc too. Overtaking on ECR wasnt really a stroll in the park! Hopefully things will improve soon.

Looking forward to pimping up the ride soon - Angels+HIDs and 4300K Fogs coming up. And so will the ICE!
Old 4th February 2009, 13:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice update - are you aiming to have the hottest Swift in Chennai with mods etc?!
All the best - do post pics of the car as and when you keep getting the job done!
Old 4th February 2009, 13:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Nice update - are you aiming to have the hottest Swift in Chennai with mods etc?!
All the best - do post pics of the car as and when you keep getting the job done!
Not sure about the hottest Swift, but I dont want it to be "just another Swift"

Hehe. Just kidding.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. Nice tyres and alloys. I know that your wifey would not agree, but IMHO the white Swift (your original choice of color) would have been a much better looker. And would have looked even better with the upgraded alloys/tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader
I am pained with both the low-rev acceleration (Need to downshift to 1st gear on most of the speed breakers) and top-end acc too. Overtaking on ECR wasnt really a stroll in the park! Hopefully things will improve soon.
Hate to sound pessimistic, but I don't think you are going to see any improvement in this section with the current engine. Have mentioned this in various Swift related threads - the Swift is too heavy for that 1.3l Esteem engine. Neither is it fun in traffic nor is it a scorcher on highways. Ofcourse, for those that like being in the lower 3 gears, this won't be an issue - but how many of us ALWAYS drive like that ?

Unless maybe your mod list includes plonking a 1.6l Baleno engine in it.
Now that would be something. Has anyone done a B-Swift yet ?
Old 4th February 2009, 17:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Has anyone done a B-Swift yet ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...no-engine.html
Old 4th February 2009, 17:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice looking alloys and tyres. What's the tyre specs?

You can also install conical filter (source-PJ Speed). Also you can install FFE configured for low end (city drive) or high end (highway push) either from Viper (Mumbai) or Raj (Bangalore). FFE can be shipped to Chennai and installation can be done in Chennai.

Electra at OMR road is quoting much much high figure of around Rs.22k for a FFE, not sure how different that from the Raj or Viper. Check with Speedworks too..

Any plans for skirts for your SWIFT.

SB: Swift looks beautiful in White.
Old 4th February 2009, 17:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

I know guys. The Swift looks freaking hot in white. Add gold/matte rims with 205 tyres, and there you go! My GF (SB, she's not yet my wifey ) thinks I am a Jeetendra fan when I told her about the white Swift. Anyways there's nothing much I can do now.

Just back from the 1st service. Got the underbody coating done along with the engine oil change. Cost me around 2500.

The service engineer told me that putting in CAI/Performance filter won't void the warranty. He says he'll manage the same. But guess I'll wait for 5k kms for the same.

Surprise,
The tyres are Yokohama A-Drives 195/60/R15. Any idea how much skirts cost ? I am happy with the front bumper. Might add skirts and a spoiler soon.

Regarding headers, there are a couple of sweet-sounding headers/FFE on the forum. Swift8847 and zerocritical I guess. I'm planning for something similar say 5-6 months down the line. I hope the Green/K&N Apollo type filters can help me with some low-rev torque :(

This Swift is more like a stop-gap car.The dreams are big.. and one year down the line (once my GF comes back after her MS) I guess a bigger/better car is in store
Old 4th February 2009, 18:16   #27
BHPian

bro any difference in noise level after the service? power window issue sorted out?
Old 4th February 2009, 18:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
bro any difference in noise level after the service? power window issue sorted out?
Hi,
The power window issue is sorted. Guess it was some loose connection during the Sunfilm installation.

Regarding NVH, dont think I can make out the difference. Since I dont remember how it sounded before the service lol.
Old 4th February 2009, 18:24   #29
BHPian

oh sorry i forget you have a petrol one.
Old 5th February 2009, 13:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My GF (SB, she's not yet my wifey ) thinks I am a Jeetendra fan when I told her about the white Swift.
Oops, my mistake. Ha, I liked the Jeetendra bit, but you could have told her that atleast the Swift won't be wearing white footwear a la Jeetu.

Quote:
Finance was arranged as mentioned. It was a loan against FD. So I got the draft without any hassles on Jan 5th.
Could you please throw some light on this "loan against FD" thing ? FD of how much, loan of how much, interest charged etc etc.

P.S. : We plan to have a meet-cum-drive on 15/Feb Sunday to go to the track to watch some races. Joining ? Would be a nice drive and meet up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks