Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 02:14   #61
BHPian

Haw!
I log in only for you, no pictures also. sigh, must get back to studying then. Congratulations & good to c ur happy. Please post soon.
Old 20th January 2009, 02:28   #62
BHPian

Congrats messages go on and on and on!!!

Adding one to the list buddy, seems the most talked about and eagerly awaited car has come as a crown to you on T-BHP. Excellent move and really quick. Enjoy the glares Man. Share details as you gather some breath
Old 20th January 2009, 05:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Vancity,

But why Kumho ?
The stock tires were goodyear GT3 and i read nothing good about them and rating for temprature was B which is good for cold climates as in canada but indian summers deserve A(hot) temp.rated tires. I wanted to go for michlins or yoko's but thier wear ratings were low and since my miser gujju friend has got good 65k out of kumhos on his lexus 400 in the wet and cold climate of vancouver with great/safe cornering capabilites, i have developed special respects for them in particular and for made in korea label in general.
So basically my decision was based on tread wear indicator and operating temp. ratings.
Old 20th January 2009, 05:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
congrats vancity, did u get it from dada motors or garyson and how was ur experience with the showroom .do u think that tata dealers are giving fiat linea buyers a special treatment
I got it from Garyson (this was my second car from them after vista)and as stated earlier my experience there was nothing short of being on the red carpet but due to a large crowd of ppl coming in the staff got distracted, everyone was doing too many things at the same time and that did rob us of the better part of the day and family time with the car in the evening did get curtailed. I did get all the admiration of Sarabha Nagar crowd though and model town jalandhar can wait..it was priceless.

Now the dealership and thier performance i would rate it top of the line,the dealership is owned by an ex-army officer and is run by his son who takes personal interest in the biz. the deliveries were fast on both occasions and he did follow up with me on both occasions. In comparison to them cargo motors jalandhar did not give me options, they had one color in Vista and Same thing this time and approach was like take it or leave it ... Dada motors were keen to give services like td and answer questions but not keen to sell outside Ldh... and since i wanted my cars delivered like same day i tried all dealers with in one day range from Jal. to Delhi ... some did not pick up thier phones at all some would say i can come and see the car but it is availble on booking etc. and both times Garyson stepped to the plate and delivered Vista (same day) and this car with in a week.( i think now the wait list for this color is for 7 weeks and red is same day).
Since this car was launched on 14 and on 17 in the region and taking a cue from TBHP forums i had requested all the dealers with in range for a sneak peak of the car in the yards before it was on display in showroom and i did get previews at the said 3 dealerships and this was the time i got a commitment of delivery from Garyson, 17 being a saturday nobody wanted the car i had the first crack at the car on 18 but since that being a sunday and i wanting to change the rubber on the car, i passed and monday i was there at the said time to take the baby home .. i was told this was the 3rd car sold by dealership two were sold on sunday but were not the fully loaded ones and i guess this is first fully loaded and a first for Jalandhar too as the dealer did call me for the red one still being avaiable.

Last but not the least, yes Dealer networks are treating Fiat customers with kid gloves and i did feel the difference in lvl of service when buying a fiat as compared to tata.
Old 20th January 2009, 05:43   #65
abk
BHPian

One more to congratulate you matey!

I hope to see the pics and more narration of the entire day's experience when i log onto TBHP first thing in the morning
Old 20th January 2009, 05:49   #66
BHPian

Congratulations Vancity. Enjoy your ride with the wonderful car. Keep your excitement aside and drive safe.
Old 20th January 2009, 05:49   #67
BHPian

Certainly the most happening thread on TBHP it seems ,congrats on the new beauty. eagerly waiting for the snaps and initail reviews.
Old 20th January 2009, 05:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancity View Post
I wanted to go for michlins or yoko's but thier wear ratings were low and since my miser gujju friend has got good 65k out of kumhos on his lexus 400 in the wet and cold climate of vancouver with great/safe cornering capabilites, i have developed special respects for them in particular and for made in korea label in general.
hehe! its not that difficult to gain maximum mileage from tyres here. People rarely let it rip and corners are usually taken at a snail's pace since pedestrians are given priority here and you never know how many grandmas with kids and dogs will be around the corner.
Old 20th January 2009, 05:59   #69
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your ride vancity. Eagerly waiting for pics. When you click the pictures, would love to see some pics of the interior of the cars, dash, rear vents, power window switches etc....
Old 20th January 2009, 08:15   #70
BANNED

Fantastic choice vancity, congrats on owning the fabulous one. Now, how about some much awaited pics?
Old 20th January 2009, 08:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Vancity - congrats again - guess you are overwhelmed with messages here. After all, it was "admiration guaranteed"

Upload them pics when you find some free time, and yes hopefully you are keeping your revving instincts under check until run-in.
Old 20th January 2009, 08:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

I can feel the excitement!! Great to see a Linea on TBHP!
Old 20th January 2009, 08:58   #73
Senior - BHPian

I have voted for this thread! Waiting for the pictures.
Old 20th January 2009, 09:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

Woooow!!! Never knew that the Linea was such a craze on T-Bhp. Almost 5 pages of anticipation. And still waiting for the pics.
Old 20th January 2009, 09:13   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations... do post pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks