Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:50   #31
BHPian

Reply to Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
@patelhemals: Congrats on your new ride. Wish you many miles of safe and enjoyable motoring. Somehow missed this thread earlier.

I have just one question for you mate, do you find the seating position to be too low as compared to your Wagon R?
Yes ! Definetlty -
But seat covers has to some extent helped better the seating position,. and even without the seat covers, the seat position is low.. but not uncomfortable to drive at all...
just that after a wgaon r - driving an A-star is a different experience..
but i have no major issues
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

wow that color looks awesome on A star. nice car mate, get some nice alloys and upgrade the rubber.
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:31   #33
BHPian

congratulation hemal

as you so rightly said , cant go wrong with a maruti and double congratulations on considering the zxi for the safety kit that it comes with.

also as perfectly noted by you ,on a daily commute all you carry in the back seats is air ,so makes no sense what the auto- mags and the great critics say . as long as it suits you thats what counts.

considering the location of the car - i would advise for under body anti rust rather than anything else .

teflon is something which is only good as long as the suface of the coat remains intact- so if by chance you scratch it somewhere even then the surface opens up . this could in turn lead to the effect of the coat being reduced in that area.

and mul paint technology is good enough to warrant opting against teflon.

also for the size and since you have been using a wagon-r do you really think you need a reverse camera? I feel you will manage just fine without it.
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:54   #34
BHPian

Reverse Camera

Yes You are right abhijit
Reverse Cam does not make sense to me...
But while parkin in the stilt with a small wall behind.. it sometimes is a problem to squeeze in the car to maximum. ( as i have a small stilt parking)
I can manage perfectly but not others in my family (dad or my wife find it difficult)
at the same time .. i m still contemplating on the reverse cam..
probably not so soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
congratulation hemal

as you so rightly said , cant go wrong with a maruti and double congratulations on considering the zxi for the safety kit that it comes with.

also as perfectly noted by you ,on a daily commute all you carry in the back seats is air ,so makes no sense what the auto- mags and the great critics say . as long as it suits you thats what counts.

considering the location of the car - i would advise for under body anti rust rather than anything else .

teflon is something which is only good as long as the suface of the coat remains intact- so if by chance you scratch it somewhere even then the surface opens up . this could in turn lead to the effect of the coat being reduced in that area.

and mul paint technology is good enough to warrant opting against teflon.

also for the size and since you have been using a wagon-r do you really think you need a reverse camera? I feel you will manage just fine without it.
Old 4th February 2009, 11:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
But while parkin in the stilt with a small wall behind.. it sometimes is a problem to squeeze in the car to maximum. ( as i have a small stilt parking)
I can manage perfectly but not others in my family (dad or my wife find it difficult)
probably not so soon

make a mark on the ground where you park, thats what i do with my car. i park 1-2 inch close to the wall in the front, sometimes in reverse. you can mark just below the tyres after parking properly and follow that mark from next time.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:07   #36
BHPian

1000 Kms review and 1st service

Hello Friends
A bit of a long silence. but yes.. was indulged in the car more than anything else ..
Just cloacked the 1000 (in 12 days.. that was quick)
No problems or issues as yet..
FE received is 14.69 in city driving with 100% AC and lots of idle waitings
am pretty much happy with the FE.
Accessories -
New Seat Covers
Body Mouldings
Door Sil Guards
Transcend 4gb mp3

No alloys yet... dammm am so tempted...
1st Service - SAI SERVICE - Pheonix Mills
Very Courteous and Polite

Free Washing
NO OIL CHANGE - was surprised, but i was told 1st oil change is at 5000 kms
They goofed up on the door sil guard... it wasnt fixed properly.. had to ask them to remove them and re stick the base again

Normal Car Daily running -
It was very surprising to see the engine almost coming to additional power beyond 2500 rpm. (tried once stretching upto 4000 rpm.. it reallly zooomsss.)

Waiting to take her on a long highway drive .... SOOOOON

will soon post pics of seat covers , sil guards and door mouldings..
Old 16th February 2009, 16:57   #37
BHPian

Congrats! The car looks good. Keep updating us.
Old 16th February 2009, 17:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update, I didnt knew that the Stereo supports USB drives for playing songs, does it support aux in too?
Old 16th February 2009, 18:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Nice update.
Looking forward to the new pics as promised.
Have you been on any long drives as yet?
Old 17th February 2009, 09:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thanks for the update, I didnt knew that the Stereo supports USB drives for playing songs, does it support aux in too?
Unfortunately the Stereo does not have USB connect. But yes it does have Aux. and the Sound output is pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Nice update.
Looking forward to the new pics as promised.
Have you been on any long drives as yet?
No brother Not yet...
Am looking forward to it

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th February 2009 at 12:09. Reason: see note in post
Old 17th February 2009, 14:51   #41
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
probably not so soon
Hemal,

If I may make a suggestion to save you some money and save your car's behind:
buy a used tyre (from a Scorpio/Innova = large dia) and place this upright against the wall at the rear of the parking slot. When you back up, the car will touch the tyre and you know when to stop reversing. The tyre will not cause any damage to the bumper. Effective shock absorber, and works everytime!

Great car, sir! She's crying out for some alloys and wider tyres.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:05   #42
BHPian

gr8 Suggestion....

Thanks sir. definetly worth some consideration, will try it.
Alloys, yes. but maybe after some months. wanna gear up some finance for upgrading my scorpio to a XYLO or somethin better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Hemal,

If I may make a suggestion to save you some money and save your car's behind:
buy a used tyre (from a Scorpio/Innova = large dia) and place this upright against the wall at the rear of the parking slot. When you back up, the car will touch the tyre and you know when to stop reversing. The tyre will not cause any damage to the bumper. Effective shock absorber, and works everytime!

Great car, sir! She's crying out for some alloys and wider tyres.
Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th February 2009 at 12:07. Reason: stop typing.... like... this..
Old 18th February 2009, 14:19   #43
BHPian

Hi Patelhemals,

Congrats for the purchase, can you share what is the price of the Door Sill Guards ?

Thanks & regards,
Sanjeev
Old 19th February 2009, 09:25   #44
BHPian

Door Sil Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi Patelhemals,

Congrats for the purchase, can you share what is the price of the Door Sill Guards ?

Thanks & regards,
Sanjeev
The sil Guards cost me Rs. 700/- MGA from MASS
Difficult to fit thought.. i guess they try to fit the accessories ASAP.. and not pay more attention if they are stuck properly or not.. they are too busy to attend to big goats who come for ICE or alloy upgrades.. so please be carefull and inspect fittings properly
Old 19th February 2009, 10:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The sil Guards cost me Rs. 700/- MGA from MASS
Difficult to fit thought.. i guess they try to fit the accessories ASAP.. and not pay more attention if they are stuck properly or not.. they are too busy to attend to big goats who come for ICE or alloy upgrades.. so please be carefull and inspect fittings properly
Hi patehemals,

Thanks for reply, yes you are right they do not pay attention to the guys who go in for petty accessories, as i also had same experience in Vitesse, i was shocked that they asked for Rs. 250/- for just sticking the side body moulding for my Dzire, i went off and went straight to Sai Service Lower parel, there i got it fitted for free and price of the moulding was Rs. 1125/- wherein Vitesse they were charging Rs.1250/- & Rs. 250/- extra, this is daylight robbery.

I was also planning to get the Door Sill guards, thanks for the information, i will be more cautious in dealing with the dealers now

regards,
Sanjeev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks