Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2009, 18:16   #46
BHPian

Your car looks good in Blue.

I too own a A-star ZXI. White color. Got delivered on 9th Jan . Clocked 1400kms and finished 1st service.

Pros: Cars is comfortable to drive. Very responsive. Easy to turn, Stable at high speeds, High reving engine
Cons: Minute rattles from side(near mirrors), AC makes a buzzing sound, Reverse gear does not engage properly, Jerky ride while shifting gears.

My fuel efficiency in A-star.

AC ON all time.
City - 12.5km/l
highway-17.5 km/l

So, How is it going on your side.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:57   #47
BHPian

Reverse not engage

Your FE is too less...
My ZXi is giving minimum 14.5, with almost 80% AC
I guess may differ due to driving styles too.. please check air pressure also.

I did face an issue with the reverse not engaging... but then realise.. the swap from gears need to be proper...meaning.. follow the gear stick upto the 4th.. and full clutch...

No rattles as yet... except the antenna... which is irritating
the left seat belt hook keeps on banging on the b pillar when the co drivers seat is empty... which is also quite annoying.. plan to do something abt it

Jerky ride when shifting gears is something i have never faced... if u proper clutch and acclerator controls...i dont think it jerks.. unless u move from 1st to 2nd above 2500 rpm

i may be wrong.. will check thought
will keep uupdated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Your car looks good in Blue.

I too own a A-star ZXI. White color. Got delivered on 9th Jan . Clocked 1400kms and finished 1st service.

Pros: Cars is comfortable to drive. Very responsive. Easy to turn, Stable at high speeds, High reving engine
Cons: Minute rattles from side(near mirrors), AC makes a buzzing sound, Reverse gear does not engage properly, Jerky ride while shifting gears.

My fuel efficiency in A-star.

AC ON all time.
City - 12.5km/l
highway-17.5 km/l

So, How is it going on your side.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:43   #48
BHPian

Hi dude

Have you got the 3rd yr warranty for A-star? My dealers says he has no info abt it
Old 11th March 2009, 00:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Hi dude

Have you got the 3rd yr warranty for A-star? My dealers says he has no info abt it
--
The Vehicle comes with 2 years warrantty.. i also opted for the 3rd year and the 4th year warrantty.. cost me Rs. 3600/-

Please go in for the Orignal Suzuki warrantty which enables u to service the vehicle at any of the MASS. Sai service offered me a extendedy warrantty BRanded by SAI Service.. which was not only more (Rs 5500+) but they also refered to Maruti Suzuki xtended warrantty as a farce.. and their warrantty offered more parts.. ( BUT THEY DID NOT GET INTO DETAILING.. even on persistent requests for explainations on Maruti Suzuki warrantty and Their warrantty.. ) I opted for orignal MARUTI Suzuki Xtended warrantty. IT means i can service and claim warrantty from any MASS...
The dealers are ROGUES... trust me... u need to deal with them with EYES .. EARS.. and BRAINS at the bestt of the abilities...
I have encountered a customer at the dealership who had been waiting for the last 3 months for Swft Dzire..and at the time of booking he was promised in 15 days... BEAT THAT...
Old 12th March 2009, 11:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

hemal, congrats on your star. nice colour and good model you opted. Do share rear seats space and comfort and add a pic if you can after your drivers side seat is adjusted to how much of space is left behind.Looking for some rubber upgrade along with alloys.Have a safe ride.CHEERS!!!
Old 15th March 2009, 22:47   #51
BHPian

2000k Update and 1st drive on NH8 300 kms run

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
hemal, congrats on your star. nice colour and good model you opted. Do share rear seats space and comfort and add a pic if you can after your drivers side seat is adjusted to how much of space is left behind.Looking for some rubber upgrade along with alloys.Have a safe ride.CHEERS!!!
Thanks Vijay..
Have been a long silence, had been too busy. Well just complete 2000 kms on the ODO. Took it out on a long weekend for a drive.
Am uploading pics.

Got a few scratches on the rear right door, a kid scratched his bicycle on the door during holi. I dunno why do kids play so foolishly. The car was parked in STILT parking, i wonder what was he doing in My parking slot around my car when there is not enough place to even walk.
Dammm it feels so bad.

Ok here comes the reports
Average Mileage gathered - 14.69 kmpl
The beauty runs like a tamed panther on the highway due to wider base. i found no body roll. power has been adequate to perform on a 3 lane highway.net net, i had fun driving. even on small internal roads of gujrat. on the slopes of Dang forest. the roads there are small and have many ups and downs and the star performed flawlessly, having driven the scorpio there on the same trip and wagon r last year i thoroughly enjoyed the A-star. scoprio and wagon r both were a bit nasty on curves.

Mileage on the highway is yet to be determined because the car is still there :( and have returned with the scorpio but will post As soon as the car is back.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Getting the New A-Star today EDIT : Delivery taken-dsc01715.jpg  

Getting the New A-Star today EDIT : Delivery taken-dsc01716.jpg  

Getting the New A-Star today EDIT : Delivery taken-dsc01717.jpg  

Getting the New A-Star today EDIT : Delivery taken-dsc01719.jpg  

Getting the New A-Star today EDIT : Delivery taken-dsc01720.jpg  

Getting the New A-Star today EDIT : Delivery taken-dsc01735.jpg  

Getting the New A-Star today EDIT : Delivery taken-dsc01739.jpg  

Getting the New A-Star today EDIT : Delivery taken-dsc01756.jpg  

Getting the New A-Star today EDIT : Delivery taken-dsc01761.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th March 2009 at 22:52. Reason: Lets avoid.... typing ..... like this.....
Old 21st March 2009, 10:39   #52
BHPian

nice to see you enjoying the car.

but i wonder after seeing the pics of the backseats. i think the rear legroom is less for adults. is it really a prob? can a 6 feet dude sit there without hurting his knees?
Old 21st March 2009, 18:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
nice to see you enjoying the car.

but i wonder after seeing the pics of the backseats. i think the rear legroom is less for adults. is it really a prob? can a 6 feet dude sit there without hurting his knees?
Yes I agree.. Limited Rear Seat Space is an issue in A-star. At the same time, i do not travel with a fully loaded car in the city. I just did a 400 km run with adults in the rear seat. we had no problems at all. Not denying the fact cramped rear seats, but my argument which i have seen personally seen and experienced is for a 6footer in the back most of the Hatchbacks have the same problem. Yes the i10, Wagon R and swift are slightly better off but i was ready to sacrifice that. More important for me within the budget was to get fuel efficient car with abs and airbags too. and frankly i love the looks of the car.

Last edited by patelhemals : 21st March 2009 at 18:22. Reason: had a typo :)
Old 22nd March 2009, 15:48   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
More important for me within the budget was to get fuel efficient car with abs and airbags too. and frankly i love the looks of the car.
That, and the fact that an A-Star is so much fun to drive! It's a heck of a hatch on empty swinging roads.....
Old 22nd March 2009, 16:36   #55
BANNED

I saw an AStar yesterday on road for the first time. Man, it's a good looking car and stands distinguished in the crowd.

I've heard that this one can actually bring out the boy in you. Will be soon going for a TD!
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:03   #56
BHPian

Looks like Patel has changed the seat cover in his Astar. My Astar zxi seats look different.

Its great you are able to achieve 14.5kmpl in city.

In my case, it never crosses 12 kmpl in city. Its a good car to drive and to go around corners(Go Kart experience). It doesnt accelerate like vista, so no thrills. Another factor I noted was that the suspension improves a lot when fully loaded.

@carmelo: if 4 are travelling 6 feet guys can seat comfortably. But, the rear legroom is not at all sufficient to stretch your legs. It just a perfect fit, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by ritz830 : 23rd March 2009 at 21:08.
Old 20th May 2009, 17:40   #57
BHPian

After reading patelhemals' review of the wonderful A-star. I am going to strongly recommend a relative of mine for opting for the same. He is in the market for a hatch for city commuting.

@patelhemals: drive safe and keep enjoying your drive.
Cheers!
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:50   #58
BHPian

Can somebody who owns an A-Star comment on ease of driving in the city? Does it require frequent gear changes, or is it easy to drive like spark or QJ/DDIS based cars where you can drive at most city speeds in 2nd/3rd?
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:32   #59
BHPian

First of all, Congrats for the car. It seems to be suiting you very well.

I have one question. In picture 3 (the passenger side, open door) is that rust or has the paint scrapped off the door floor? Maybe it is just the angle of the photo.
Old 10th July 2009, 09:33   #60
BHPian

man I love the looks of an Astar and after reading your review i feel that this is the right car for me.
I am 5'10" tall, will this car still suite me ? guys please clarify

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks