Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 13:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

My my! That's a lovely and a clean car. I have always loved the EXi model of the Fiesta and this deal sure was very tempting. Congratulations!
Old 21st January 2009, 13:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
The image below shows what it is. Maybe there is another name for it as well, like in Drive-In wash or something. They spin the wheels during washing and hence the doors used to lock with the keys inside.

Maybe now technology has changed and cars use other methods to check if it's actually moving or just spinning wheels.
Sorry for going OT again.

But manveet, in this setup, only the cleaning frame moves right, while the car remains stationary ?

I still havent understood the fact why there were car recalls for automatic locking.
Old 21st January 2009, 15:50   #33
BANNED

Lovely - a driver's car at a steal.

The boot release switch can be operated when the engine is running. The fuel flap will open only when the engine is switched off. (from my limited ~2000 km experience with a Fiesta).
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:06   #34
BHPian

Fiesta is an enthusiasts delight with a nice and punchy engine complemented by great body control.congrats on your new car.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:04   #35
BHPian

High Beam?

Stupid as it may sound, but can anyone suggest how to toggle between high and a low headlight beam in my fiesta? I was unable to do that..

Old 22nd January 2009, 11:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Stupid as it may sound, but can anyone suggest how to toggle between high and a low headlight beam in my fiesta? I was unable to do that..
Pull the indicator lever towards the steering wheel/ yourself to toggle between high and low beam.
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:39   #37
BHPian

Congrats for the new ride!

I must frankly admit that I am jealous of you, I got my ikon Tdci delivered just 1 day before the scheme for the fiesta was announced.

I would have blindly bought that superb driving machine!
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thats superb VFM at that price. Is Ford moving away from their premium pricing strategy or is this just to clear out inventories?
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Pull the indicator lever towards the steering wheel/ yourself to toggle between high and low beam.
That's right. The process is a bit different from other cars like Maruti where you need to flick the stalk forward for high beam and backwards for low beam.
In the Ford, you need to do the same thing for both high and low beams--pull the stalk backwards and leave it.It alternates between high and low beams.
I may be going OT, but a week back I had to struggle to put my car in high beam---it was twilight time and getting dark. Despite several attempts the high beam blue light was just not showing up--it was glowing when the stalk was pulled far back, but going off soon after I released it.
I thought 'damn it, the car is not even 2 years old and this had to happen'?
A little later I realized my folly. Guess what??

Only my fog lamps were on, and not the headlights !!
I put the headlights on and everything fell into place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks