Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 12:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations suneel
Old 30th January 2009, 12:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

congrats for your ride.

love the way it looks. can you comment on how the ride is in city over potholes, especially at rear.

also regarding fe, did you manually calculated it by tankful method, or do you rely on what the reading says? please let us know if you calculate it manually.

the usb hub is perfect for players, love their integration, far better than cd players.
Old 30th January 2009, 13:05   #18
BHPian

Looks nice, white realling brings out the best in this car imho. The small tyres are really a sore point for me though, and Honda is doing injustice to customers for the new city here, it deserves at least 185/195 and alloys.

I think you mentioned you are planning an upsize and alloys, have you checked with Honda folks about warranty and stuff. If I get this that would be the first thing I would do, upsize the tyres, but I don't want to deal with warranty hassles.
Old 30th January 2009, 13:18   #19

Congrats Suneel - nice write-up and very nice pictures

Quick question - how's the ground clearance on this? When I TD'ed the car, the sales man did not want me to test it out. I liked (almost) everything about the car until he said that the clearance is not good - and in Bangalore, that's one thing you need unless you want to keep hearing the painful screeching thud when going over the menacingly designed speed breakers

Sesha
Old 30th January 2009, 13:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesha View Post
Congrats Suneel - nice write-up and very nice pictures

Quick question - how's the ground clearance on this? When I TD'ed the car, the sales man did not want me to test it out. I liked (almost) everything about the car until he said that the clearance is not good - and in Bangalore, that's one thing you need unless you want to keep hearing the painful screeching thud when going over the menacingly designed speed breakers

Sesha
Hi Sesha - I've been driving the ANHC in Bangalore for 2 months now and haven't had scrapes with the undercarriage yet. The clearance is definitely better than previous Hondas (can't say relative to other cars though). I've been over the nasty speedbreakers on the way to Mysore and one particularly bad one in Hunsur but the car cleared it. If you know of some notorious roads let me know and I can go by and check them out.
Old 30th January 2009, 14:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

The car looks smashing ! As told by everyone the tires look puny for this car. The best thing would be to upsize them while going in for alloys. Have you checked with Honda if there are OE alloys available ?

Keep us posted on the performance and FE as well. Congrats mate !

Last edited by rr_zen : 30th January 2009 at 14:30.
Old 30th January 2009, 14:39   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
If you know of some notorious roads let me know and I can go by and check them out.
Thanks for the offer - very nice of you. But no, please don't try this - my car (Getz) has a good clearance but if i'm not careful, i get hit

Just for your info, the road off Sarjapur Rd (Haralur Rd) next to Springfields apartment all the way to Hosur Rd - there are plenty of speed breakers that are built to spoil
Old 30th January 2009, 17:05   #23
BHPian

congratz suneel

a beautiful looking car dude!
eenjooy!
Old 30th January 2009, 17:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Neat review and a great looking car. Fell in love with the All New City. She does look dazzling in white. Have many years of safe driving with her buddy.
Old 30th January 2009, 18:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

congratulations dude and is it me or the city looks better than the civic?
loved the color btw
Old 30th January 2009, 18:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Stunning Pics. The city is no doubt a good looker and the headlights are amazing !!

Tell me - How is the GC ?
Old 30th January 2009, 20:52   #27
BHPian

Thanks everyone
I didnt calculate the FE manually, just looked at the meter. The tank is only 42 liters which is kind of annoying compared to the baleno's. I have to keep filling it frequently.

As for the ground clearance, it hasnt touched most of the speed breakers when I'm driving alone but once with 6 people in the car it did scrape a big speedbreaker (the one after the right turn at the end of cunningham rd) and my heart bled a little when it happened. Also just an hour ago 4 of us were in it and it very slightly touched a hump but it was a particularly big one. Still from the cars I've been driving (Baleno, civic and corolla with bad suspension) its a step up in GC so I can't complain.

And yes honda is offering 16 inch alloys for 45k if I'm not mistaken and I wasn't really in love with the design. For that price you could get some excellent alloys and tires elsewhere.

@raul I'm not sure exactly if alloys would nullify the warranty but anyway that isn't a problem. Just keep the stock wheels and if you ever need to give your car in for a warranty issue (which is rare and unlikely) then just put the stock wheels and send it. I haven't tried it before but thats what i hear from all my friends who've put alloys and I'd love to know everyones opinion on if this method works or if its even required. What do you guys think?
Old 31st January 2009, 01:51   #28
BHPian

congratulations dude. drive safely.

for a sporty look it needs the body kit they have as accessories and good chrome alloys. then it would look really mean machine.

Last edited by Caramelo : 31st January 2009 at 01:53.
Old 31st January 2009, 05:11   #29
BHPian

Feedback

Congrats Suneel, nice ride !

Need some unbiased feedback, how is the suspension, Bangalore roads are not too user friendly. I'm actively considering the ANHC as GP is nowhere in sight. Have taken a test drive but not able to figure out a good driving position (was cramped for space during the test drive) maybe because of my height (6'2").
Old 1st February 2009, 10:24   #30
BHPian

Hey luky, I'm 6'2" also and I just adjusted the seat height to the lowest possible. I found it very comfortable, more so than the corolla.

As for the suspension, its good but firm. Its not buttery soft but not too hard either. You do feel potholes and speedbreakers but the effect isn't too jarring

Here's a pic at Savera tea corner

My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT)-img_0463.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks