Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 12:13   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Well finally I have managed to get the Spark fitted with the side impact mouldings & roof antenna (genuine GM accessories) from the dealer. I did manage to sneak a peek into the pricing of the side impact mouldings and the price was 530/- odd Rs.
Also can someone let me know the pricing of genuine OSRAM NIGHTBREAKER bulbs H4 65/55W 12.5V ? I am also posting the same question in Auto Lighting thread.
Best regards,
Adit.
Dear mac_guy555;
1) Is the side impact moulding got pasted on body of your car through some adhesive or was bolted down.
2) What was the cost of roof antenna. I need this one badly but the dealer was asking close to Rs.1100 for this.
3) I am also planning to add a dead pedal and a left arm rest in my spark. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 30th March 2009, 12:43   #62
BHPian

Hey SparkGuy,
The cost of the the roof antenna should not be more than 750/- Rs. and the side impact mouldings had a MRP sticker of 530/- Rs. odd. I was told that the side impact mouldings would be around 1500 - 1600/- Rs
I have paid for all this in 1 shot for the 35K option pack of all genuine GM accessories from the dealer. The side impact mouldings are just stuck on the doors. Simply remove tape and paste.
My sincere suggestion is to go and ask the GM dealer for the dead pedal & arm rest. See & listen to what he says or his suggestions.
Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Adit.
Attached Thumbnails
Purchased new Chevy Spark-img_0101.jpg  

Purchased new Chevy Spark-img_0102.jpg  

Purchased new Chevy Spark-img_0103.jpg  

Old 30th March 2009, 12:45   #63
BHPian

There U go Vijay !! Just uploaded these pics. Sorry about the quality though. Taken these from iPhone. Too lazy to unleash the digital
Best regards,
Adit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
looking to see some pics after these fitments.

Last edited by mac_guy555 : 30th March 2009 at 12:46.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:20   #64
BHPian

mac_guy555, that white spark of yours looks gorgeous.

I have also booked a blazing red PS spark (same as braveheart's) for my wife and expecting to take delivery sometime this week. Though I wanted a white coloured spark, wifey wanted the red, so red it is now.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:52   #65
BHPian

Fantastic Drvhplyevraftr !!
Congrats and thanks !! Enjoy your new car to the maximum !!
Best regards,
Adit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post

I have also booked a blazing red PS spark (same as braveheart's) for my wife and expecting to take delivery sometime this week. Though I wanted a white coloured spark, wifey wanted the red, so red it is now.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have also booked a blazing red PS spark ....
Hi buddy,
There were good offers for Spark PS. What offers did you get?

I am planning for a car, but I am in a dual mind shall I buy a new car or used car!!!
Old 31st March 2009, 11:23   #67

Electrical upgrades

Quote:
Yeah that's the whole point. Do not want to void warranty on the electricals at all. Don't want to give these guys a chance to say NO for warranty. Have posted in the link you have sent. Thanks.
Warm regards,
Adit.
@ adit,

I have replaced my stock headlamps with Philips HID 600k xenon lamps. All connections in the spark are socket to socket. I doubt there would be any issue with warranty if electrical do have any(not sure). Though I would recommend a relay( cutout) for a powerful halogen or even a twin tone horn for that matter. I had some problem with my upgraded hella horns so went in for a horn relay & the sound was loud and crisp!

Your views?

Cheers
Old 31st March 2009, 12:44   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Dear Drvhplyevraftr
Please provide some more information as what was the final price? Any freebies offered or not? What was the difference in the price for base model and PS model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper911 View Post
@ adit,

I have replaced my stock headlamps with Philips HID 600k xenon lamps. All connections in the spark are socket to socket. I doubt there would be any issue with warranty if electrical do have any(not sure). Though I would recommend a relay( cutout) for a powerful halogen or even a twin tone horn for that matter. I had some problem with my upgraded hella horns so went in for a horn relay & the sound was loud and crisp!
Your views?
Dear viper911;

I need some information
1) Does changing the stock headlamps with Philips HID 600k xenon lamps increases the actual light falling on road by great extent?
2) How much It cost you?
3)Does Xenon bulbs are the bulbs which emit blue lights. If yes are they legal since incoming traffic can get blinded by those.
4) Which one will you prefer Changing the stock bulbs or getting fog lamps installed?
5) How much hella horns cost you?

Sorry for so many questions but I need to get lamps and horns installed in my spark too

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st March 2009 at 12:57. Reason: Please use multi quotes
Old 31st March 2009, 12:51   #69
BHPian

Cool thanks for the update Viper911 !!
Think I shall give it a shot 'cause I am going right now to the accessories guy. Also need to get a better horn fitted too
What price did you pay for Philips Xenon 600K ??
Best regards,
Adit.

Quote:
@ adit,

Your views?

Cheers
Old 7th April 2009, 10:50   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Dear Drvhplyevraftr
Please provide some more information as what was the final price? Any freebies offered or not? What was the difference in the price for base model and PS model?

Dear viper911;

I need some information
1) Does changing the stock headlamps with Philips HID 600k xenon lamps increases the actual light falling on road by great extent?
2) How much It cost you?
3)Does Xenon bulbs are the bulbs which emit blue lights. If yes are they legal since incoming traffic can get blinded by those.
4) Which one will you prefer Changing the stock bulbs or getting fog lamps installed?
5) How much hella horns cost you?

Sorry for so many questions but I need to get lamps and horns installed in my spark too

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Quote:
Cool thanks for the update Viper911 !!
Think I shall give it a shot 'cause I am going right now to the accessories guy. Also need to get a better horn fitted too
What price did you pay for Philips Xenon 600K ??
Best regards,
Adit.

@ sparkguy

1> Yes, Xenon provides much more bright light compared to halogens, The more the "K", the brighter the light.
2> The Philips kit comes with, 2 nos HID bulbs, 2 nos 4300k parking bulbs, 2 nos BALLAST & socket to socket wiring with an external cutout, The cost I paid is INR 9000 here in pune.
3> These don't emit blue lights, they are bright white, it shouldn't cause trouble for traffic unless u use the high beam!! That'll surely get on coming traffice upset.
4> I have a spark LT, so had stock fog lamps. fog lamps for spark are available in H11 halogens, they are meant to focus straight down on the road. Probably visibility increase of 15-20% is possible if u add foglamps with stock halogens.
5> Hella horns are available in various models. even the stock horns in spark are "Hella"!!! I have got the red trumpet(skoda tone) horn, cost INR 900 with cut out in pune.

@ mac_guy555

guess the above post should clear your doubts...

Would like to share some views with you guys:
Based on the info above, I would like to inform you guys, it is my personal experience that white light don't help if you drive in fog/misty conditions. they don't cut thru heavy fog. I had a terrible experience in January 2009, while returning from GOA to Pune in the early morning hours!!!

IMHO i would also request you guys to get the XENON's fitted from an expert technician & make sure that the BALLAST is mounted in a safe location because the spark engine bay is already short on space.

Cheers.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:09   #71

Error rectification

Xenons are 6000k not 600k

it was a typing error!!!

cheers
Old 7th April 2009, 17:19   #72
BHPian

Quote:
@ sparkguy
1> Yes, Xenon provides much more bright light compared to halogens, The more the "K", the brighter the light.
---------
Thanks viper911 for detailed reply. I more issue where did you get the hella horns installed. The stock horns produce more noise inside when compared to outside. There is place just beneath the bumper but I believe water can get into that
Old 8th April 2009, 10:39   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Thanks viper911 for detailed reply. I more issue where did you get the hella horns installed. The stock horns produce more noise inside when compared to outside. There is place just beneath the bumper but I believe water can get into that
@ sparkguy,

Buddy, don't know about the sound of the horn, but install location is behind the bumper itself.
Water is something you cannot avoid, but i doubt whether water will seep in during normal running.
Though, the horns are not visible, to see whether water is seeping in or no; I haven't faced any problem even though I wash my car frequently with a pressure pipe!

Cheers
Old 8th April 2009, 12:43   #74
glenn

congrats on your new car ! drive safe!

Old 8th April 2009, 13:17   #75
BHPian

Hi Kkr2k2, sparkguy,

I was given a discount of Rs 55,000. The Ex-showroom price for PS was 3,34,847.
I added the following accessories :
- 4 power windows
- Left side OSVRM
- Remote locking
- Reverse Horn.

All this came to around 15k. That was deducted from the 55k discount. Hence the effective discount now is 40k.

So, the ex-showroom price is 2,94,847. Lifetax, insurance, registration/handling etc included the on-road price is 3,44,694.

The guy is giving mudflaps, full matting free along with another 5.5k worth accessories free. I am yet to decide on what to take for the 5.5k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks