Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 17:13   #1
BHPian

Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater

Finally Finally I have booked Innova VX- 8 seater today at Galaxy Moti Nagar Delhi.

I am relax today, as it all started last year in April, when I sold my Honda GXi 2005 model. Got Bang from everyone at home why I sold when its running without problems. But due to 8 seater requirement for big family I decided to sell that off and look for (1) Pajero 2nd Hand or (2) Innova Second Hand. I started my search for good second hand SUV/MUV for me. But its hard luck searching around in all nearby areas and went to other corner of the city for good vechicle, but Pajero for 2nd hand its too much costly, as I was ready max for 12L for this beauty, but hard luck. Then after few month hard luck I gave up for Pajero.
Now its search for Innova, or I would say good Innova. But I guess people think if someone is guying 8 seater innova in second hand he might be going for Taxi not for personal use. So I was getting all cream polished Innovas from dealers. If its good they are charging like rate for new one, just few peti discounts. Then you won't get color of your choice. Then in Nov last year I gave up for second hand innova too.
Now decided to go for new one only. Then thought of saving some bucks and decided to look for G4, in 08 was getting good discounts but not getting Red color, which I was keen to get in Innova. So no choice other then waiting for New model.
In the meanwhile Xylo got launched, its a tempting offer as 8.5L I am getting everything. I liked it with some hick-ups and took test drive, man I was thinking in mind I am not made for this bull. I can't drive this. Too take second opinion I took my father other day. First immpression he liked it, and took drive too. Now I decided to take him to Innova dealer and ask him to take TD for Innova. First word he utter why were you looking for that truck when we have such vechicles in market. So Xylo cancelled.
Now on 28th new Innova is lauched and I was waiting to see what changed they have done in G4, so that I can book it right away, but after looking at it from front, there is no crom grill in G4 model so its not attracting at all. Then Looked at V, grea Mica Metallic, fall in love with that and decided to go for V irrespective for cost diff. So Booked it that's it.

I got finance from HDFC at 11.50%, didn't have time to look around. As I am dealing with them from last 6 years so want to stay with them. But 8 seater Greay Mica is not is stock, so I guess I have to wait for next lot which will take max 10 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Update: Got Delivery of my Toyota Innova V - 8 Seater-dsc00308.jpg  

sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2009, 17:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good choice going for the V version. On a vehicle this powerful, ABS + Airbags are a necessisity.
Old 29th January 2009, 17:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sam on booking it. Its indeed a good buy. With no increase in price its worth vehicle with many features they added.

Congrats again!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th January 2009, 17:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Congrats Sam on booking it. Its indeed a good buy. With no increase in price its worth vehicle with many features they added.

Congrats again!

Regards,

Ravi.
Thanks Ravi indeed your post here about innova helped me a lot to take call for V. I am not looking at any accessories on this so far, but do you think stock rubber is good enough or should I go for XM+ or E60 in place of stock.

Regards,
Sundeep
Old 29th January 2009, 18:01   #5
BHPian

Congrats, Thats a great buy dude. Toyota is something you can really depend on as a perfect family car. Specially the Innova.
Old 29th January 2009, 18:03   #6
BHPian

nice buy sundeep. congrats!!

have they made any changes to the interior also? whats the on-road price? waiting for the pics mate.
Old 29th January 2009, 18:06   #7
BANNED

Congratulations!
One of the best choice of vehicles sold in India.

Please put up some good interior, exterior pictures and write a report of your delivery experience etc..
Old 29th January 2009, 18:09   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hi Sam, I just might be going your way soon.

How much was the OTR ?
Old 29th January 2009, 18:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Congrats, Thats a great buy dude. Toyota is something you can really depend on as a perfect family car. Specially the Innova.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
nice buy sundeep. congrats!!

have they made any changes to the interior also? whats the on-road price? waiting for the pics mate.
Thanks guys
On Road Price is 12L for Vx in Delhi. Interiors, they give MID and Sterio controls on Steering. Auto AC control, Parking sensors which I feel were new. Change color for the febric and wooden finish. Rest all will let you know once get the delivery.
Old 29th January 2009, 18:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Top end Innova interior is much better now, they did lot of tuning. 12 lac on road in Delhi and 13.3 lacs in Bangalore (because of more tax in Karnataka) makes it very good buy. Its loaded with features!

About tyre I suggest you go with Michellin MXV8 225/60 R15 (its only few thousands costly but worth it) right away once you take delivery of the vehicle. You can still mount that tyre on Stock alloys and don't change alloys. This tyre would give you best comfort you can feel with Innova. If you want to stick to stock size then go for MXV8 or XM1+ stock size. But change your tyre for sure to Michellin, you will love your vehicle.

Innova still come with goodyear GT3 and Bridgestone tyres which are not good enough for the vehicle quality. So Michellin would add extra excellant comfort.

Only cheap part I could spot in Innova is GT3 tyre which is not good at all.

Congrats again!

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 29th January 2009 at 18:26.
ravibhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2009, 18:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sam. One of the most comfortable vehicle to be traveling around. Awaiting detailed reviews of the New Innova.
BTW, is this the first 'All New Innova' on T-BHP?
Old 29th January 2009, 19:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase dude.
Enjoy and do give a report.
What all is there in the v variant.?
Old 29th January 2009, 19:59   #13
BANNED

Congrats Sam on your fantastic purchase. Color you have chosen is good & additional parking sensors at the same price is lucrative too.
Old 29th January 2009, 20:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Thanks guys
they give MID and Sterio controls on Steering. Auto AC control, Parking sensors which I feel were new. Change color for the febric and wooden finish. Rest all will let you know once get the delivery.
that all is new for sure.
Old 29th January 2009, 20:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Congrats on the purchase dude.
Enjoy and do give a report.
What all is there in the v variant.?
Thanks brother, Here is what V has

1. Chrome Grill
2. Fog Lamps
3. Rear bumper parking sensors
4. Optitron Meter (Enhances visibility and increases the luxurious feel)
5. Audio and MID Control Switches on Steering
6. Airbags & ABS
7. 12 V Power outlet (I guess its in G4 too)
8. Chrome cover for side mirrors.
9. Door Side mouldings with chrome lining.
10. Auto A/c
11. MID (Shows Ambient Temp, Elapsed Time, Avg Vehicle Speed, Avg Fuel Consumption, Drivable Distance, Compass and few more)
12. New Febric Color (Bit Brighter then older one)
13. Driver seat height Adjustment (now in G4 too)
14. Driver and passenger Seat belt warning.
15. Motor adjustable side view mirrors (now in G4 too)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks