Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 16:04   #271
Senior - BHPian

Best Projector Set Up Till Date

Hi iraghava,

I am sure many will agree with me here when I say that this is the BEST projector setup I have seen till date on Team BHP!!! At least this is my opinion. It is immaculate & perfect!! This is probably the kind of lighting that anyone on this forum would die for, at least I would. I was so looking for a projector set up in my Swift but after seeing the cheap/local projector setups that many of us shifted to and then shifted back to stock due to visibility issues, I had dropped the idea as I thought that an aftermarket perfect projector setup was not possible. But your set up has really got me interested again.

Excellent job done on them. I will be PMing u for details.

Last edited by Epic : 17th September 2010 at 16:05.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:15   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well here's an update after a long, long time. Gabbar has till now covered about 36k+ kms and has seen a not so stressed life like Dhanno did before it primarily due to my much reduced running in the past couple of years.

Anyway, along the way, she's picked up a couple of mods. I'll let the pics explain better:

Fitment of Ultra Light Weight Konig Britelite alloy wheels. 15"x6.5J - 5.4kgs a piece
Shod with Advan Neova AD07 tyres in 195/55 R15.
The alloys looks cool. How much hole does these alloy made in your pocket? Good you mentioned the weight of the alloy. Have you also taken the weight of the steel rim? Is the ultra light alloy really lighter than the steel rims?
thanks.
Old 17th September 2010, 17:56   #273
Senior - BHPian

Some Cool Upgrades Ishaan.

Tyre I am not surprised, because you are after all our original Tyre wallah

The headlight mod looks to be cool & effective
Old 17th September 2010, 18:03   #274
Senior - BHPian

Wow, check out the gleaming alloys on that 1.6S. Is that your car too?

Is it possible to get a similar projector and xenon set up on a Fiesta?

Last edited by Gilead : 17th September 2010 at 18:04.
Old 17th September 2010, 20:57   #275
BHPian

Hey Ishan an update after a very long time!!wow those headlights are drool stuff!!

Like others in this forum, even i am asking-"can i get those for my car also?"
Old 18th September 2010, 02:05   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi iraghava,

I am sure many will agree with me here when I say that this is the BEST projector setup I have seen till date on Team BHP!!! At least this is my opinion. It is immaculate & perfect!! This is probably the kind of lighting that anyone on this forum would die for, at least I would. I was so looking for a projector set up in my Swift but after seeing the cheap/local projector setups that many of us shifted to and then shifted back to stock due to visibility issues, I had dropped the idea as I thought that an aftermarket perfect projector setup was not possible. But your set up has really got me interested again.

Excellent job done on them. I will be PMing u for details.
Thanks a ton Epic, the upgrade was definitely worth it despite the high expense. I have never regretted having it done.

And the reason it turned out so good was because me & my friend spent a lot of time thinking of the ideal setup for my car while retaining as much of the stock look as possible but at the same time not compromising on the quality. Sure, I did get a few of the "Really you got the lights modded but it doesn't look like it in the day. You should have gone for more bling" comments but I didn't let that bother me since bling wasn't my goal anyway. That's also why you don't see any angel eye rings on my car.

I'll PM the details to you tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
The alloys looks cool. How much hole does these alloy made in your pocket? Good you mentioned the weight of the alloy. Have you also taken the weight of the steel rim? Is the ultra light alloy really lighter than the steel rims?
thanks.
Thanks GW. They were 21k for a set of 4. And no, I haven't done the weight or rolling resistance comparisons yet, will be doing that soon and posting the details here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Some Cool Upgrades Ishaan.

Tyre I am not surprised, because you are after all our original Tyre wallah

The headlight mod looks to be cool & effective
Thanks Kedar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Wow, check out the gleaming alloys on that 1.6S. Is that your car too?

Is it possible to get a similar projector and xenon set up on a Fiesta?
Nope Gilead, that belongs to friend. And I'll check & let you know if the upgrade is possible on a Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hey Ishan an update after a very long time!!wow those headlights are drool stuff!!

Like others in this forum, even i am asking-"can i get those for my car also?"
Hey Doc, how are you?? Thanks for the compliments! I'll ask & let you know if the Palio's lights can be upgraded.
Old 18th September 2010, 08:14   #277
BHPian

Hey Ishan,

Congratulation on your new Car & New Upgrade

GETZ D is a pocket mein Rocket car - @ this point of time.

And also 1.1 Sticker would make people wonder when you throttle .

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
Old 18th September 2010, 12:49   #278
Senior - BHPian

Great mods there, Ishaan!! I have bought the exact same projectors and bulbs for my Getz CRDi too, haven't gotten to the fitting them on the car yet though - will be a DIY install, the entire setup (FX-R projectors, Philips 4300k HID, E55 Bezels (different from what you have), Morimoto Ballasts, etc) cost me about $350 - I had a friend carry it to India for me from the US, I guess shipping to India will be $100 more. A few pics of what I bought are up in my ownership thread too
Old 18th September 2010, 13:40   #279
Senior - BHPian

Hey that's an excellent purchase man! But why the Morimoto ballasts?? If you're going the whole hog might as well get the best available aka Philips.
Old 18th September 2010, 14:46   #280
Senior - BHPian

I got my stuff from The Retrofit Source, and the other options I had with them was Denso and Matsushita. I read good things about the Morimoto ballasts, and them being ballasts, I can buy a Philips off the shelf here and change them in the future I also went for a CCFL angel eyes (incl in that $350+ deal), but am in two minds if I should install them or not - more than the looks, am worried about their life. Would probably have the stock park lights with an LED bulb even if I went with the CCFL. Here are pics of my stuff.

Where did you source your stuff from? Any pics of the install steps? Am going to take my sweet time, as this is my first DIY install, dont want to mess it up!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks