Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 12:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Heartiest Congratulations!!! Hmmmm.......so all those TDs on KP's ride finally bore fruit!
Thanks! And yes, those drives really made me firm up my decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Anyway, drinks are on you for the next two rounds - round one for the bluff & round two for the CRDI
Oh, so the bluff was that good eh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
congrats on the torqy beast....
i am sure you have the tuning box in mind as an future upgrade
Thanks and yup the box is amongst the first upgrades on the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

Guys I think, Someone's hacked Ishan's account and have posted a Getz.
Can some doctor on here confirm on here if Ishan has Multiple Personality D?
LOL! No Nitrous, no multiple personality disorder's here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Wow, nice choice of car, TyreGod.
Have fun on the road with a hot-hatch that is capable of giving even bigger cars a complex.
Thanks SB! And she's not just going to give bigger cars a complex, she's going to leave them flummoxed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Congo Ishaan. Enjoy and drive safe

What happened to the OHC ? Sold off already ?
Thanks Eddy! And yeah, Dhanno's got sold last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Ha! So you're finally out with it.
After all the fun you had with KP's car, there was no way you would settle with a 1.1.
LOL! Yup Benny, the 1.1 was never on the list anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have often seen people put powerful logos and numbers on underpowered cars so people will get fooled. Now I see the reverse happening, so people will get fooled.

You guys are all nuts, you know that? Tap, tap tap. I'm outta here.

Oh Ishan, congratulations on the new car! lol
LOL! What a fantastic analysis! Thanks for the wishes Sam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Damn, I was just going to type that Ishan got the 1.1L CRDi engine for evaluation from hyundai because of his contacts, before being released officially, till he spilled the beans.
LOL Vid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Getz is a great hatch. Butttttttttttttttttttttt after the Vtec? Getz CRDi, understandable. But a 1.1

Man, you are growing old or something.

EDIT : Just read some of the comments. I guess I have missed some information in between.

EDIT Part Deux : Woohoo! Common-rail baby! Awesome, congratulations Ishan (notice I didn't congratulate earlier). From a high-revving Honda to a torque-monster crdi. Perfect for the enthusiast in you as well as the high-miler.
LOL! So the bluff was good eh!!

And yeah, she makes sense right now keeping in mind both the budget & the running costs! A high-revving NA project can be done again anyway!

Last edited by iraghava : 4th February 2009 at 12:35.
Old 4th February 2009, 12:34   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Ishan ! Great choice of engine. I expect some nice rims and tires to follow. Please get rid of that 1.1L badge now that the cats out of the bag
Old 4th February 2009, 12:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.

So now the car in Red, red wine colour!
Congrats, O Lord of the Tyres!
Old 4th February 2009, 12:40   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ishan, Ive always liked the Getz CRDi. Have fun. This is a successful car in Europe, so theres reason that she's good. I think i will replace my Lancer with a Getz and rebadge it too !!
Old 4th February 2009, 12:45   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I think i will replace my Lancer with a Getz and rebadge it too !!
No sir, even if you put a Lancer badge on the Getz I don't think people will get fooled.
Old 4th February 2009, 12:46   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ishan, what about the alloys? Got those yet?
Old 4th February 2009, 12:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

Man, that is a great colour on a great car! Congrats, iraghava.

When I saw the interior pics, I was pretty sure it was a CRDI, as only those have a wood-coloured console near the ICE (IMO the only bad-looking piece on the dash).

Since the engine pics have let the cat out of the bag, I am now getting reminded of the other thread of missing logos in Mumbai. BTW, is Mumbai also known as Bhaiyyaland?
Old 4th February 2009, 12:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

Tyre & Wheel Upgrade and Mod List

So as for the upgrades, here is what I have in mind:

Wheels
- I'm currently trying to source a set of forged 15" alloys weighing about 4.2 odd kgs. a piece. Have located something but have to be confirmed by the dealer about their availability. Minimum sourcing time is still 45-60 days. So till the time the wheels arrive, I'll be on stock tyres Gotta take it slow till then!

Tyres
- First set is going to be 195/55 R15 Yokohama Advan Neova AD-07's. I need to put one set on my own car & do an extended test of the same. More options can be tried later as the miles pile on.

Tuning Box - Will be installed after about 10k kms. Will test all settings on the box & post a detailed test report on it. Might also consider other boxes if I can find support for them & if they're cost effective like Pete's.

Filter - Still undecided since I'm not a fan of the additional noise. Will do a comparison with KP's car & then decide on this component.

Brakes
- Upgraded brakes are definitely on the list especially once I have the tuning box installed. I believe Pete's is going to get some options soon.

Suspension
- Probably will get some better stuff but this will only happen after 20-30k kms. But I think some decent options are out there & can be explored.

Interior - Am thinking about a full leather interior and bolstered seats (can be done on the stock seats). Let's see how this goes. Will also refinish the wood finish on the centre console & door handles.

ICE
- No idea yet, very confusing department! Am retaining some of the old stuff from Dhanno, so will figure something out in the coming days & update.

Now that I think about it, I think this is going to be one long thread!!

Details on the sales process, initial experience (especially of filling diesel!) and more later......Keep tuned!
Old 4th February 2009, 12:51   #84
BHPian

Congrats! In my opinion, the non-body coloured handles don't look bad at all, since they are the same shade as the black rubber strip on the sides. I feel you should not get them painted. Of course, this is a matter of personal preferences.
Old 4th February 2009, 12:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

ARRE sala, kya goli baazi hai AWESOME Ishaan, was expecting the CRDI but thought you might have changed the decision.
Fantastic car, the CRDI. Happy Rippin
Old 4th February 2009, 12:56   #86
BHPian

First I read your post,then saw your sign- Distinguished BHPian, and then thought to myself, can this really be true. I mean here I was reading posts about people congratulating you for a outdated,underrated car(IMO).Man, I thought how two faced can people get.But then I got to know about the wolf in sheep's attire and I came to this conclusion that this forum is better then watching some of the Vikram Bhatt movies
Old 4th February 2009, 13:06   #87
BHPian

i can just imagine the smirk on ur face when you leave behind unsuspecting traffic signal drag racers fooling them with your 1.1 badge. he he he. congrats, new footwear urgent!
Old 4th February 2009, 13:13   #88
BHPian

hi , congrats on your new car & awesomecolor aswell , best the onroad price of 5.5 lacs for the monster.

I was wondering how can a 1.1l be torquey when every one knows the engine is from santro , finally the Cat is out of the bag and realise it is a cheetah
Old 4th February 2009, 13:52   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
i can just imagine the smirk on ur face when you leave behind unsuspecting traffic signal drag racers fooling them with your 1.1 badge. he he he. congrats, new footwear urgent!
I don't think he has the 1.1L badge on his car, that photo is from a different car, right Ishan ?
Old 4th February 2009, 13:59   #90
BANNED

Congratulations. Superb choice. Welcome to diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks