Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

None of the others keep such sizes officially I think even Yokohama didn't. And the others were grey, so I guessed what the hell and went for it.

I have no idea how much the door costs, but I doubt that its so much. There are ton of parts available online and offline for resonable prices. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Every switch works so touch wood never needed anything, wanted to change the front grill and do a touch up paint I guess. The tires are quite expensive abroad as well I checked.

The Remus sound amazing, amazing!! I will try and get a video up soon.
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:28   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
I knew PP2's were priced on the higher side, but 20k is shocking! Did you consider anu options from Yokohama or Bridgestone or any other brand, just to know the price comparision.

And thats a great car man, post a few more good pics and a video of the remus exhaust.

BTW, read in some mag sometime ago that the front door costs a bomb (1lakh +) Is it true?
those are pilot sports not pp2s. theyre a level above pp2s.
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
those are pilot sports not pp2s. theyre a level above pp2s.
My bad, thanks for the correction..

@quickdraw
Running a 35profile tire must be some hard work, take care of them or keep another 20k in hand
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

These are Pilot Sport PS2s, karthik.
Old 2nd May 2009, 03:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

I just read you mentioned that 20k was a lot for this tire. Let me tell you I got them at a steal price in reality the retail on these things is much higher.

Rightly mentioned here by some people about The Pilot Sport 2 being different from PP2 infact I found a very interesting graph on the website Its explains in great detail the different tires sold by Michilin and where they stand.

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-pilotsport2_graph.jpg

The grip levels from these tires are astounding, nothing that I've ever driven even comes close infact. 35 profile on these atleast creates a sidewall of decent size the previous tires the 235/35 had a minuscule tire wall and that was the reason two of them succumbed to our poor roads getting sidewall ballons on em.

I was mentioning before that I wanted to know a able Ford dealer where I can get her serviced, or any other mechanic compotent enough to service the car and preferably someone who doesnt have a jugaad mentality. The tires and alloys are humengous really really give a beautiful look to the car. You have to see them in person though to really take in the sheer size.

I in infact thinking of downsizing and taking off the front brembo's and selling everything off. Might be moving abroad so she would be used a daily car and I doubt my driver or brother would take care of her like I did. Might even have to put her for sale altogether.
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:17   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Some photos as requested by you guys, they were taken on the iPhone and the tinge is the interior lights and the foot lights. The car is a little dirty inside gotta get her cleaned up. Its very very spacious and in absolutely lovely condition as you can see from the pictures.
This is the best Mondeo I have seen in India. Very well maintained too. I loved this car when it was launched and have driven the station wagon version in the UK. It was an absolute driving pleasure even at speeds of 210 km/h.
Old 3rd May 2009, 00:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

I agree, I have never been much of a car buff. But this is the car I always wanted and I can tell you out of all the car's i've driven this has to be the best handler. She changes direction like she is running on rails.

Have touched some good speeds in it as well but its no biggie with a car like this anyone can get upto top speeds she inspires a lot of confidence. And the Brembo's matter a lot in that regards.
Old 25th July 2009, 23:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys the car is up for immediate sale in the classifieds section. Pass along the info if anyone is interested. Thanks!
Old 31st July 2009, 02:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

I thought I would post some of the pictures that I had in my cellphone, I really miss driving her around. She is something quite special. I never felt the same way in any other car be it a merc or a bimmer.

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-img00105200904171053.jpg

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-img00107200904171055.jpg

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-img00108200904171055.jpg

These were taken at the last roadtrip when I drove down from Pune to Daman, Ive since changed the Bumpers, spend quite a bit on getting everything into perfect ship shape. I hope that I could share it with many people out here but never was able to attend/bring it to a t-bhp meet. I know it many people would have really appereciated it. In any case since its up for sale I wanted to discuss about it in a fair way online on what price do you think is right for the car? Many people are comparing it to bone stock and not so nice condition mondeo's of the same age which are available in excess with car dealers and lore and are offering me things like 2.5~3.5 and I feel its wrong to do so. So I wanted unbiased decision on it, I wanted to know how much do you think its worth?
Old 31st July 2009, 02:50   #70
Team-BHP Support

IMO 5.5 to 6 is a good price for it.
Old 31st July 2009, 03:54   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
IMO 5.5 to 6 is a good price for it.
I am expecting 4.5 lakhs for it, now tell me is that a bad deal for a car thats done like 39k kms? And is in excellent shape.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:56   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You have way too many mods on the car, that factor alone is a deterrent to potential customers. No one wants a heavily modified car, regular Joe's and even some enthusiasts (including myself). Plus, whatever is spent in mods is never recovered.

You are also selling the car within only a handful of months of ownership. That can raise alarm bells in the mind of potentials. Thus, modified car + unpopular model + quick turnaround of ownership = 3.75 lakhs is a good price. Only an enthusiast who understands the beauty of the mondeo & is convinced that the mods are properly implemented will pay 4.0+ lakhs.

I see an error in your ads. It states that you have driven only 4,000 kms in 4 years! Edit the Jan 05 to Jan 09 (which I think is accurate?).
Old 31st July 2009, 13:03   #73
BHPian

It was purchased for below 4 lakhs. Agreed, you did spend on the tires and other stuff(can you let us know what it is?) but it makes you the 2nd owner and the guy buying it, the third.
Old 31st July 2009, 13:17   #74
BHPian

you have a great car there quick draw,i would have definitely paid 4 lakhs for it if the car would be in bangalore.its worth having a fully moded car like mondeo.
Old 31st July 2009, 13:22   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You have way too many mods on the car, that factor alone is a deterrent to potential customers. No one wants a heavily modified car, regular Joe's and even some enthusiasts (including myself). Plus, whatever is spent in mods is never recovered.

You are also selling the car within only a handful of months of ownership. That can raise alarm bells in the mind of potentials. Thus, modified car + unpopular model + quick turnaround of ownership = 3.75 lakhs is a good price. Only an enthusiast who understands the beauty of the mondeo & is convinced that the mods are properly implemented will pay 4.0+ lakhs.

I see an error in your ads. It states that you have driven only 4,000 kms in 4 years! Edit the Jan 05 to Jan 09 (which I think is accurate?).
I absolutely agree with you!

According to your first quote in this thread, you bought this car in feb 09. Are you trying to pull a fast one on someone who has not read this thread? A typo from 05 to 09 may be genuine (although the two buttons 4 & 9 are nowhere nearby) but also saying four years is suspicious.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks