Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2009, 08:31   #1
BANNED

Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms

After a long long (pretty long like around a year) time i found my life partner.Here are the specs :

Model : 2005
Mileage : 54500
Color : Diamond Silver
Interiors : Pukka Maintained
Exteriors : Except for a few unnoticeable scratches very well maintained

Yesterday ie, 6-02-09 was my happiest day ,the day i got my love.Here is the story

Its been long time i had been looking for a vrs.But here in kerala we find a few petrol heads which is of course disappointing for people like us.Looked at a few cars in the course of time but were of bad condition had to go to different places far away from home just to have a look at the car.Tired and desperate stopped looking and one day i took google in my computer and just searched for "skoda vrs for sale in kerala".Miracle i should say this guy had posted an advertisement in carwale.com regarding a vrs.

About the guy,people say that by looking at the person using the car we could analyse how well the car is maintained.He was a good family man and hasen't ever ever ripped his car.I checked up with the service record in Marikar cochin,all were company serviced and no major parts except for a fan and some cylinder coil.Couldnt sleep yesterday night as was so excited about my baby.Woke up early and took a glance at it,and now iam here writing in about the same.Will post better pics today and have to go to marikar to have a general check.Iam soo excited....

One more query : when i stop the car and take it from second gear , a wierd souind comes from bottom,does anytine know what it is? Has anyone of the VRS owners had the same problem?

HAFI
Old 7th February 2009, 09:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats HAFI! The vRS is one hell of a machine! Enjoy the beast and post pics of the car
Old 7th February 2009, 10:17   #3
BHPian

What kind of a sound is it?
Old 7th February 2009, 11:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats HAFI. At last eh? Good thing the coil pack has been replaced. It costs 14k. Pictures please!!!
Old 7th February 2009, 13:52   #5
BHPian

by trying to take off in second you causing many things to unnecessarily vibrate, may be thats why you are hearing sounds.
Old 7th February 2009, 14:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations,man. An enthusiast's dream whatsoever.
Tip: Keep aside around 5k every month. It'll always help for work needed on the car,in the future.
Quote:
One more query : when i stop the car and take it from second gear , a wierd souind comes from bottom
You used to drive NA diesels earlier?
Firstly,its a petrol. Secondly,its a turbo. Always use first gear to move from rest.Its a good habit to develop. Saves your clutch.

Last edited by nitrous : 7th February 2009 at 14:17.
Old 7th February 2009, 15:23   #7
BHPian

Congrats Mate.. VRS is my favourite car on Indian Roads in that segment. All the best wishes for countless miles of pleasure.
Old 7th February 2009, 18:29   #8
BHPian

congrats hafi!!!
good that you got your dream machine.
drive safe and post some pictures.
Old 7th February 2009, 19:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
After a long long (pretty long like around a year) time i found my life partner.Here are the specs :

Model : 2005
Mileage : 54500
Color : Diamond Silver
Interiors : Pukka Maintained
Exteriors : Except for a few unnoticeable scratches very well maintained

Yesterday ie, 6-02-09 was my happiest day ,the day i got my love.Here is the story
Whenever you buy a beast , it is the best day for you.

Quote:
One more query : when i stop the car and take it from second gear , a wierd souind comes from bottom,does anytine know what it is? Has anyone of the VRS owners had the same problem?

HAFI
Never pick it up. Its not a N/A engine. I used to pick up my honda from 2nd gear sometimes and then in the vRs i did it once and then that sound came. Talked to a friend who owns a vRs , and he told me not to pick up from a higher gear when almost zero speed.

Quote:
HAFI
How much did you pay for it.
As the warranty and all is over, what about mods now?
Old 7th February 2009, 23:48   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Congratulations,man. An enthusiast's dream whatsoever.
Tip: Keep aside around 5k every month. It'll always help for work needed on the car,in the future.
You used to drive NA diesels earlier?
Firstly,its a petrol. Secondly,its a turbo. Always use first gear to move from rest.Its a good habit to develop. Saves your clutch.
Please please don't give me night mares.Already scared of the truth about the expensive spares and high service costs...
Old 8th February 2009, 00:06   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
How much did you pay for it.
As the warranty and all is over, what about mods now?
Payed 6.6.Was a bit overpriced.But since the car was in a pukka clean condition,did not think about it twice as i knew this would be the last RS i would come across in the whole kerala.

Want to mode it.Not that big but some minor mods(may be Bilstein suspension and Tarox brake) that's it.Already happy with the whole baggage of 150 bhp.And may be some ice too.

Last edited by HAFI : 8th February 2009 at 00:09.
Old 8th February 2009, 00:11   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Congrats HAFI. At last eh? Good thing the coil pack has been replaced. It costs 14k. Pictures please!!!
Yeah dude atlast!!!!....Does the coil cost that much?..After replace will it last long? or do we have to replace it on the course of time?
Old 8th February 2009, 00:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Atleast get a Remap , FFE and a CAI. Soup it up a bit. Its the last vRs you could get in Kerela. Make full use of it.
Old 8th February 2009, 00:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Atleast get a Remap , FFE and a CAI. Soup it up a bit. Its the last vRs you could get in Kerela. Make full use of it.
Look whose Talking, You own a vRS also, not the last in Delhi but the last in India

Anyways, Congrats on the purchase HAFI.vRS is an awesome piece of machinery. Enjoy with remember with Great Power comes greater responsibility.

Drive Safe and take care of her
Old 8th February 2009, 00:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Look whose Talking, You own a vRS also, not the last in Delhi but the last in India
I'm just waiting for the warranty to be over.
Can't afford to void warranty considering the cost of the things at Skoda!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks