Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 09:21   #46
BHPian

Re: Alto - My Dream Comes True

I know I am waking a dead thread of my car, but coul dnot help it since I was not in town.

The FE for the car has drastically decreased from 16 which I was getting 6 months ago to around 13 which I am getting now.

My driving style has not change and AC Usage is alo minimum (though increased from the time I got married )

I thought the FE will increase as the time goes by but it has gone the other way around.

My car has complete 30000 KMS.

Any other BHPians having the same experience.
Old 28th September 2011, 09:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman View Post
I know I am waking a dead thread of my car, but coul dnot help it since I was not in town.

The FE for the car has drastically decreased from 16 which I was getting 6 months ago to around 13 which I am getting now.

My driving style has not change and AC Usage is alo minimum (though increased from the time I got married )

I thought the FE will increase as the time goes by but it has gone the other way around.

My car has complete 30000 KMS.

Any other BHPians having the same experience.
When was the last time the car was given a complete service.If it's not been done recently get the service done, check for air filter,fuel filter,clean/replace spark plugs etc.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

The Alto is supposed to get new Spark Plugs at 20,000 km and get its injectors cleaned at around 30,000 km. Please see if doing these things makes a difference.

We got the injectors cleaned at a local garage at 30,000 km and had changed plugs at 20,000 km. That created a difference. Of course, ever since expiry of extended warranty, I don't take our Alto the Authorised Service Centre anymore.
Old 29th September 2011, 09:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
The Alto is supposed to get new Spark Plugs at 20,000 km and get its injectors cleaned at around 30,000 km. Please see if doing these things makes a difference.

We got the injectors cleaned at a local garage at 30,000 km and had changed plugs at 20,000 km. That created a difference. Of course, ever since expiry of extended warranty, I don't take our Alto the Authorised Service Centre anymore.
I have not done the above replacements. Is there any other replacements that needs to be done?
Old 29th September 2011, 10:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman View Post
I have not done the above replacements. Is there any other replacements that needs to be done?
Check your service manual. It has all replacement schedules marked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks