Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 12:08   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy and upcoming marriage. Nice choice as nothing can beat it for VFM. How much did the tyres and alloys cost you? Close-up pictures of them would help.

Cheers and drive safe !
Old 10th February 2009, 12:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations on your new buy and upcoming marriage. Nice choice as nothing can beat it for VFM. How much did the tyres and alloys cost you? Close-up pictures of them would help.

Cheers and drive safe !
Thanks mobike008!

I traded in the OEM GoodYear GPSII Tyres for Rs 250 extra per tyre.
Alloys were for around 11 k. Total cost:13.5 K

By the way, I am already married!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 10th February 2009, 12:18   #18
BHPian

Well written. Congrats on the new ride and the wedding. Hope to see you more in the travelogue section
Old 10th February 2009, 12:36   #19
BHPian

Hey Congrats Bro! Both for the wedding and the car. I too went to Goa for my HM. I guess a travelogue should follow soon. Lovely looking Alloys. I am contemplating on getting a CS myself. Do post your initial reviews. This is the souped up version you got right?
Old 10th February 2009, 16:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Thanks a lot Abhibh!
Yes, Joshi seem better than Hind Motors, but to be very honest, even they were not as good as I had expected them to be. Maybe, I was expecting too much from them, since I knew that they were the No. 1 in customer satisfaction for a couple of consecutive years when they were dealing in Maruti Suzuki cars. Or maybe it really was a hard day for the guys there.

And yes, the ICE thread is coming up soon!
Well yes you are right about that. The owners are classmates of my DAD and even when they had Maruti Dealership we never bought any car from them. The reason was plain and simple, the staff at Joshi is not as helpful as it was at Pasco.

But i have been to Hind & Joshi and Joshi is better when it comes to servicing and customer satisfaction.

Do update us on the FE, maintenance and rattles!
Old 10th February 2009, 21:10   #21
BHPian

Congrats. Also update the FE figures and regular update after 5K & 10K Odo readings.
Old 11th February 2009, 06:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Well written. Congrats on the new ride and the wedding. Hope to see you more in the travelogue section
Thanks Neoranjit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hey Congrats Bro! Both for the wedding and the car. I too went to Goa for my HM. I guess a travelogue should follow soon. Lovely looking Alloys. I am contemplating on getting a CS myself. Do post your initial reviews. This is the souped up version you got right?
Thanks isldhn! Would surely try to come up with a Travelogue about the HM to Goa.
Initial review: Well, so far it has been quite good, no major problems as such, apart from a few niggling ones. My car has been travelling a lot over varied surfaces (some very bad roads also), but no issues as such.
For me, there is a sea change in comfort as compared to my M800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well yes you are right about that. The owners are classmates of my DAD and even when they had Maruti Dealership we never bought any car from them. The reason was plain and simple, the staff at Joshi is not as helpful as it was at Pasco.

But i have been to Hind & Joshi and Joshi is better when it comes to servicing and customer satisfaction.

Do update us on the FE, maintenance and rattles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Congrats. Also update the FE figures and regular update after 5K & 10K Odo readings.
Thanks!

Abhibh & Teddy Bear: Well, 5K Kms report is coming up soon and will provide all details regarding maintenance, FE and other issues.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 25th June 2012, 21:26   #23
BHPian

Tata Indigo Breakdown - Need help identifying & resolving the issue!

Hello Friends,

I own a 2008 Tata Indigo CS which has run into some issues and I need your help/suggestions to resolve the same.

Last week, we went on a trip to Manali from Chandigarh. While climbing from Nalagarh to Swarghat, the car stopped a lot of times and my father, who was driving at that time, had to use a lot of clutch slipping to gain momentum. Please bear in mind that this is not the regular

Chandigarh-Kiratpur Sahib- Swarghat-Bilaspur route but a different one which goes from Baddi-Nalagarh-Swarghat-Bilaspur. The road from Nalagarh to Swarghat is almost non-existent and steep also; 25 kms took us a good 70-80 minutes to cover.

Upon reaching Swarghat, we were stuck in the traffic jam caused by some truck breaking down. We kept the engine running to help it cool down and also since AC was required.

After around 15-20 mintues, the engine shut down automatically and the Check Engine light came on. Tried 2-3 times to start the engine, but it refused. I had read this somewhere that this might be down to the engine heating up, so we allowed the engine to cool itself down as even otherwise, we were not moving due to the jam.

Also poured some water on the radiator to fasten up the things as the fan was running even when we switched the ignition on. But, even after waiting for 20+ minutes (with the hood up), the engine refused to start and a new problem came up.

Now, whenever I would crank up turn the key to crank the engine, there was no movement/rotation in the engine and the everything electronic will die and then come up again.

A lot of tries later, there was simply no response from the starter.
Even tried push-starting the vehicle, but that didn't help too.

Called Tata on-Road assistance and they sent a technician to check. He brought a new battery with him and though he was able to turn/crank up the engine, but it refused to return to life i.e. the engine was rotating/starting but wasn't starting up fully. Couple of minutes of checking here and there and he checked the belts and found that the Alternator belt had worn off fully! He showed us the parts of the torn off belt.

Would like to mention here that the car was serviced only two weeks ago and the timing belt set was also replaced (Used Synthetic oil for the first time and was loving it! )

Anyways, he called up the workshop to consult and told that the timing belt could also have been damaged and if that is the case, the resultant damage would be quite higher.

The only option at that time was to tow the vehicle to the nearest TASS which was in Mandi, around 100 kms from there. But, instead of that, we sent it back to Chandigarh (as the distance was almost same) on a flatbed truck.

The car is lying at my place as of now and has yet to be taken to a mechanic/service center. I have a couple of questions for you guys and would really appreciate if I can get some directions :
  1. Based on whatever picture I was able to present, what exactly could be the issue here?
  2. It could be that the alternator/AC belt was worn off and needed to be replaced, but the mechanic didn't do that during the last service. Is is neccessary, that when the timing belt is replaced, the other belts are replaced too?
  3. Third and most important question – where do I get my car repaired now? Would a good mechanic/garage be able to handle the kind of issue we are in? Like, if the cylinder head, gaskets, etc. are damaged due to timing belt breaking down would a good/reliable garage be able to handle that? I’m not too fond of TASS and don’t really think if they would give me a completely honest picture regarding the repairs/parts required and may replace even those parts which are not required, though personally I haven’t had any bad experiences yet.
  4. If I get it repaired from a mechanic/garage, would I be able to procure the spares from TASS and still get the repairs carried outside TASS?

Any other pointers that may help would be really appreciated. Please let me know in case you require any further information from my side to help understand the issue better.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Last edited by jsrakkar : 25th June 2012 at 21:40. Reason: Change in thread title
Old 27th June 2012, 00:10   #24

Re: Tata Indigo Breakdown - Need help identifying & resolving the issue!

Hello Jaspreet,

The first thing is get the alternator belt changed by a competent garage. If the car still refuses to start after the change, it could be possible that the timing belt had slipped. In that case only once the timing belt is replaced along with the bearings, one would be able to ascertain if all is well.

One thing for sure, the engine has not seized since it was turning over with the new battery. There are chances that only the alternator belt assembly could have been damaged accompanied by the timing belt slipping.

The battery would have gotten fully discharged in the traffic jam while idling with the bad alternator belt, hence the engine refused to turn over. That is normal!

Please do the needful & check all the parts mentioned along with the a/c belt as well. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Kind Regards,
Rohan Ramchandran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Hello Friends,

I own a 2008 Tata Indigo CS which has run into some issues and I need your help/suggestions to resolve the same.

Last edited by bblost : 27th June 2012 at 15:09. Reason: Please do not quote a large post in full. Thanks.
Old 27th June 2012, 09:48   #25
BHPian

Re: The Fun begins at 18 (Indigo CS review)!

Thanks Rohan!

I'm getting the alternator belt checked by the mechanic today; let's see how the things turn out to be.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks