Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:51   #31
BHPian

[quote=Prash;1184497]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post

@ shantyrocks
Believe me shanty, go for the Linea diesel. Its not at all noisy or under powered. I felt the same when did test drives at concorde and even at wasan, but my Linea is not at all that kinda. I had met Roms at wasan and i do agree with him when he says that it is noisy and under powered. And ya dzire and swift might be more silent but this isnt noisy either. I am personally going to write to Roms and ask him to check my car.
Prash, when I cranked the Diesel Linea, it had a noise level inside with all the windows up! You cant say its too silent but yeah its acceptable noise and not irritating to ears like other old gen diesel engines!

I'm not sure a brand new Diesel car would sound different than a Demo car!

One of the reasons why Roms felt it as underpowered could be since he drives a 1.6 Palio, 100 BHP and as he has driven a Swift Vdi!
Old 25th February 2009, 12:01   #32
BHPian

@Prash.

Any updates on your ride, this thread has gone cold, I thought will keep it alive. I am sure similar minded members are looking up to one of the first ownership reports from you.

Thanks
Old 25th February 2009, 12:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a the purchase, jasi. Sensible choice.

Did you sell your Tavera, or is it still doing duty?

I wish you all the best with your RF experience, but since you've been in the business I guess you will know how to handle them.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:01   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on the Linea , I hope you didn't have to go through any tough times during the sales process, Service for Fiat cars have always been a problem, the other choice that you have for service is Concord Motors Near Netoor.
Old 26th February 2009, 01:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Congratulations on the Linea , I hope you didn't have to go through any tough times during the sales process, Service for Fiat cars have always been a problem, the other choice that you have for service is Concord Motors Near Netoor.
Thanks. My sales experience was good, probably because I was expecting the dealer to live up to their ill-repute, but it was pretty smooth. I din't know about the other dealer, till I found them on the Linea website. And I haven't been south of Maradu in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Congrats on a the purchase, jasi. Sensible choice.

Did you sell your Tavera, or is it still doing duty?

I wish you all the best with your RF experience, but since you've been in the business I guess you will know how to handle them.
My Tavera was sold off last month. The car wasn't running much kms, whatwith me being out of the country and all. I must say I was sad to see it go. It was a simple but reliable vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
@Prash.

Any updates on your ride, this thread has gone cold, I thought will keep it alive. I am sure similar minded members are looking up to one of the first ownership reports from you.

Thanks
Thanks for keeping it warm! I've been trying to upload some photos of the car. It doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I click on the attach icon, nothing happens. Wonder if it's something to do with my laptop?

Sorry for not keeping you guys updated. The car has run around 1700 kms now. I drove up to my wife's place in Kasaragod and did a few short trips in the nearby districts.

Th ride quality, as I've said before, is just brilliant. People who have ridden in the back seat say it's quite comfortable. Clearly no cases of motion sickness there. Some of my family members had a tough time 'keeping things in' when they occupied the back seat of my Accent CRDi. The acceleration and lightness of the car coupled with the dips and curves of North Kerala's roads often resulted in impromtu stops. I haven't had any such issues in the Linea. Probably because the acceleration of the car is a bit more subdued and the Fiat feels more planted to the ground. From the driver's point of view, the CRDi's pace is not missed...much. I have always liked the heavy feeling of european cars and the Linea is no exception. I feel much more confident throwing the Fiat into a corner than the Accent. Handling is really good and so are the OE tyres. That said, I will be upgrading to 16 inchers soon, mostly for GC than anything else.

The question on any self-respecting (south?)Indian's lips, FE. Initially I was getting around 8-9 kmpl, now it has come upto 11-12 kmpl. This is just an average figure, city/highway mixed cycle. I haven't driven in the typical mileage test style, that would just show what the car is capable of.

Any new driver will struggle to find a comfortable driving position in the Linea. The steering does not adjust for reach, but tilts (barely) and the driver's seat adjustment feels awkward. I am used to it now so long drives don't pose any problems.
I am used to having the light switches on the left, as some cars in the UK are also configured like the Linea. But it gets annoying when you have to drive some other car with the switches on the otherside. It's just a minor inconvenience. There are two small lights on the front roof lamp console that illuminate the gear lever at night. I think that's a nice touch, as are the vanity mirror lights. The interior feels very classy, though the quality of materials used could be much better. The dashboard has already started squeaking faintly, a complaint normally seen in cars much older and with a lot more kms on the odometer. There is also a distinct creaking noise originating from the LH B-pillar. I have come across these complaints many times during my career, so I know the cause and the solution. But as the car is under warranty, I won't pull up my sleeves. To be fair, I'm not required to, am I? These are not very critical issues, as far as I am concerned, but I'm sure there will t-bhpians who believe otherwise. Nevertheless, I have taken this up with the dealer and am waiting for them to comeback to me on what they intend to do about it. The car is not due for it's 1st service till it nears the 3000 kms mark. I don't plan to go to Kochi anytime before then, but I might do if the sounds get anymore audible. It's at times like these when you wish Fiat would appoint a new dealer in Calicut. I am not going to assume that the Linea is not a good product just becase of these issues. It could well be a rare case with my car. No doubt, the Linea is a whole lot of car for the money, but good quality and service in expected in return. I will give the dealer & Fiat some leeway on this, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be taking things lightly. Will keep you guys posted.

Last edited by coloneljasi : 26th February 2009 at 01:18.
Old 26th February 2009, 01:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

"Bog Standard" .. ... Been al loooong time since I heard that!!

Welcome back ColJ!.. and Congratulations are in order - it sure is a beautiful automobile , and colour!!

Do be more than a little wary about the dealer though!
Old 26th February 2009, 13:24   #37
BHPian

I've finally managed to upload some photos of the Fiat.

Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-253.jpg

Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-250.jpg

Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-197.jpg

Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-190.jpg

Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-204.jpg

Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-193.jpg
Old 26th February 2009, 14:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Looks good. Congrats on ur purchase
Old 26th February 2009, 14:47   #39
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase buddy!! Looks real Elegant in this Color!!
Old 26th February 2009, 15:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Personally i love this color that's why i booked the same color Linea MJD Emotion pack.
the car looks little bigger than rest of the color.
Black is also good.But a BIG na na from my parents and wife.so i inclined towards Minimum Grey.
Old 26th February 2009, 18:13   #41
BHPian

beautiful pics colonel jassi!
congratz on ur buy!
Old 26th February 2009, 20:31   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate!. Thats a nice color. I spotted a Linea Emotion Multijet today opposite to Radha Hometel, opposite to SAP labs near ITPL Bangalore. The car did not bear a number plate, but neighter it was a test drive car.

Do post some interior pics.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:58   #43
BHPian

Some more photographs....

Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-004.jpg

Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-005.jpg

Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-001.jpg

Name:  HTC 003.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  65.5 KB

The cool orange night lamps
Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-210.jpg

The centre console
Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-200.jpg

Note: The odo currently shows 1865 kms, this photo is over a week old....Another Fiat Linea joins the club......-htc-199.jpg
Old 27th February 2009, 00:16   #44
SSN
BHPian

Gr8 pics.....Congrats on the new buy..... got my Petrol Emotion (Hip Hop Black) today....Will be posting my experience and review soon....
Old 27th February 2009, 09:48   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats SSN. Awaiting your new thread one initial ownership review with loads of pics.

@Jasi: One question: How good are the headlights? Do they require an upgrade? I have been asking the same question on all Linea Ownership threads, but nobody answering. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks