Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 19:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Teja,

Please update us if you are able to get a quote for BSIII, PS, AC, 4WD. I am interested in this combination as well.
No quote available for Gama with BS-III + AC + PS + 4WD. Reason given - this combination does not have ARAI approval, hence Force cannot sell it. Believe it if you want.

I finally got a quote for BS-III + AC + PS, Rs 5.5 lakhs ex-showroom (told over the phone, I will get an exact written quotation on Monday). A fair price I thought. But they want 30% as booking amount and the delivery time is 4 to 6 weeks. BTW, the booking amount is not-refundable In case they do not deliver on-time, the only compensation is that they will then give interest on the booking amount.

Hmm...... do I really want/need a Gama this badly??
Old 13th February 2009, 20:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Hmm...... do I really want/need a Gama this badly??
Exactly what I said mate. Force Motors has decided to be a passive by-stander in the private consumer segment and focus only on the taxi/commercial segment. Think of the after sales service after all this? Do you really want to go through with this or look at options from Tata and Mahindra. If you don't mind the DI engine I would suggest you consider the Bolero and if you want a more modern powertrain think of the Sumo Grande. Both will be about 7 lakhs on the road and are a lot more refined than the Gama.

Frankly the only reason I am considering a GAMA is that I will be using it 3/4th of the time in the estate carting materials and workers. I don't need a refined vehicle. Just one that is has 4x4, space and is decent to drive.

If Mahindra offered the CRDi engine on the Bolero, I would have gone for that. The XD3P engine does a good job on the 540 but with the added weight of the Bolero it struggles in the hills when fully loaded.
Old 14th February 2009, 04:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
If Mahindra offered the CRDi engine on the Bolero, I would have gone for that. The XD3P engine does a good job on the 540 but with the added weight of the Bolero it struggles in the hills when fully loaded.
Halloa ! There is a God and he drives a Jugalero !! And guess what, he had anticipated your needs, but forgot to tell you !

There is a 97bhp Crdi available for the Bolero, read up on the couple of threads available in tBHP to know more about this vehicle.
Old 14th February 2009, 10:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Halloa ! There is a God and he drives a Jugalero !! And guess what, he had anticipated your needs, but forgot to tell you !

There is a 97bhp Crdi available for the Bolero, read up on the couple of threads available in tBHP to know more about this vehicle.
I meant the 4x4 version of the CRDI engine. I am aware that there is 2WD version.
Old 8th September 2011, 20:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Trax Toofan Test Drive

Toofan is 11+1 seater, Cruiser is 13 +1 seater.

The vehicle is known for its ruggedness. Owners say the maintenance is very low and it consistently returns 14 kmpl.

The vehicle, once into higher gears, is easy to drive, braking is reported to be very good.

Users say the engine is good for a minimum of 5 lakh kilometres before needing overhaul. In practice, there many which have run for more than 5 lakh kilometres without any kind of trouble.

One more thing - these vehicle can run on kerosene too, a full tank of kerosene with half litre of SAE 90 Gear Oil and can still return 13 kmpl.

The only problem area, it seems, is the wear-out of front tyres. Unless checked for the condition of wheel bearings and, to a lesser extent, alignment, they seem to wear out early.
simplyself is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 20:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Btw, does anybody know if the TD2650 engine is derived from the OM-616 like the TD2400, or is it a totally different engine?

Thanks
Teja
The current engine is 2600 cc where as the OM 616 was 2400 cc one. May be the current one is based on the older one.

Did you buy the vehicle?
Old 4th March 2015, 13:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Bumping a very old thread here, just got this tweet from ACI, I still dont believe the the extent Force Motors could go to milk the Trax platform. No clue what Mercedes would think after seeing this..

Seven-door Force #Trax #MUV seen testing >> http://ow.ly/JUexU http://t.co/0sL2bZ3vfE

ACI says its undergoing homologation and will be launched soon. Seriously?
Attached Thumbnails
Force Trax Toofan Test Drive-force-7-door-.jpg  

fx45 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 14:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Really Force Motors?
You want to build that?

I do hope it is photoshop prank
Old 4th March 2015, 14:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

This is another opportunity for Dilip Chhabria to produce a modified Limousine. Imagine such Limo being advertised as "Rugged Limo with Heart of a Merc'
sourabhzen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 14:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

What's wrong with adding a door on each side? It'll make ingress and egress easier. It is a people carrier after all! As a matter of fact, the idea used to occur to me whenever I saw people struggling to get in or out of the last row of MUVs/people carriers. Only problem is they have also retained the last row of bench seats, making it too long.
directinjection is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 16:07   #26
BHPian

Call it weird but its going to sell for sure.

Also I see an opportunity to convert this to a camper, there is enough real estate.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 17:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

I hope they come with a better engine for that platform. Now they have added three rows of doors and yet retained that elongated afterhang? This would be a 18 seater?
Old 4th March 2015, 17:30   #28
BHPian

Those that have been reading the auto mags for long will recall that this is NOT the first time Force Motors is testing such long wheelbase prototypes.

I seem to recall seeing spy pictures of the same 6 door long wheelbase Trax vehicle protoypes maybe 8-9 years back ... with a light beige / cream coloured body, iirc.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
FourWheelDrift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 17:30   #29
BHPian

I have seen a Trax being driven in this manner quite often. People here don't sit on the bonnet though- it is too uncomfortable .

Name:  trax.png
Views: 16114
Size:  92.2 KB

This contraption, if it makes it to our roads, may save lives. Of course, that is dependent on whether the owners would overload this one beyond the capacity as well.
Old 4th March 2015, 17:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
This would be a 18 seater?
I think this is a 2BHK.
Steeroid is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks