Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 00:32   #106
Senior - BHPian

sps,
I'm very sorry to hear about this incident. I know how it feels when something happens to your beloved car ( especially when its not you're fault ).

By the way, is the scratch very deep?

Last edited by aparth : 23rd December 2009 at 00:33.
Old 7th January 2010, 11:24   #107

SPS,

Sorry to hear about the incident - hope everything has been sorted out now (Insurance).

Incidentally I am also from TVM and have been researching cars on Team-bhp forums for the past 3/4 weeks. Have been following your detailed account on your Innova experience and that has helped a lot.

carlovertvm
Old 11th January 2010, 20:36   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
2. The dent is too small when compared with the big bang sound which I heard. Still a dent is a dent and a scratch is a scratch. What can I do to repair this?

3. My insurance for this year ends tomorrow midnight, and I have already paid for the next insurance. Is it better to claim insurance and do the dent repair?

Your suggestions will be of great help for me to take a decision.
I guess when you refer to dent, it's an inward bump, if so and if you have the time and inclination to get hands on then do some google on PDR <paintless dent removal>, you will find video on youtube as well. using simple physics you can remove the dent urself, btw in Mumbai atMaruti Vitesse also I saw a board for PDR facility, so do your homework and don't rush into a hasty decision, ur dent will remain the way it is..
hope you see my point
Thanks
Anupam
Old 13th January 2010, 00:03   #109
BHPian

Just came across this thread! Congrats on the Buy! Love the Innova!!! Its really comfy.

I knew that showroom and pickup parking spot looked familar. It was the same exact spot where I took delivery of my new Corolla Altis. Good to know another Fellow BHPian TVM Toyota customer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Color
Wanted the black colour. .
But black was not available and on enquiry it was found out that black model production has been stopped. Apart from black the only color I liked was the red one. To me all the other colors looked similar
This line is quite familiar too. I ordered for Black Corolla, and for 3 weeks they kept calling me trying to get me to buy another model, but I said nope... I would go for a Civic instead. Their main reason was that Black color isnt in production anymore... and a few days later 2 BLACKS Altis's in their garage!! One manual and one fully automatic! The color excuse is just their way of pushing out cars what is easily available to them than to even try checking for the color of your needs.
Old 14th January 2010, 15:42   #110
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
sps,
I'm very sorry to hear about this incident. I know how it feels when something happens to your beloved car ( especially when its not you're fault ).

By the way, is the scratch very deep?
There are 3 to 4 scratchs and one dent (or an inward bump). It feels real bad. But once the feeling settles down, began to think that nothing more did not happen and the bikers are safe. Had it been a serious injury, the scenario might be different and I will be in a legal hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlovertvm View Post
SPS,

Sorry to hear about the incident - hope everything has been sorted out now (Insurance).
Incidentally I am also from TVM and have been researching cars on Team-bhp forums for the past 3/4 weeks. Have been following your detailed account on your Innova experience and that has helped a lot.
carlovertvm
Hello carlovertvm. I did not repair the dent or claim the insurance. Thought to live with it as it is below the door beeding. Plan to check up with the service center on what can be done in the impending 15k service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
I guess when you refer to dent, it's an inward bump, if so and if you have the time and inclination to get hands on then do some google on PDR <paintless dent removal>, you will find video on Youtube as well. using simple physics you can remove the dent urself, btw in Mumbai atMaruti Vitesse also I saw a board for PDR facility, so do your homework and don't rush into a hasty decision, ur dent will remain the way it is..
hope you see my point
Thanks
Anupam
Yes it is an inward bump. I will explore the PDR option. Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
Just came across this thread! Congrats on the Buy! Love the Innova!!! Its really comfy.

I knew that showroom and pickup parking spot looked familar. It was the same exact spot where I took delivery of my new Corolla Altis. Good to know another Fellow BHPian TVM Toyota customer!
The color excuse is just their way of pushing out cars what is easily available to them than to even try checking for the color of your needs.
Hi jocreative. Nice to meet you here.
What you said is right. But at the time of my purchase black was not in production. I got it confirmed from factory.
Enjoy your corolla, to be more precise enjoy the hassle free ownership experience.
Old 19th January 2010, 15:12   #111
sps
BHPian

Long drive + 15000 km + Fourth service + 1 year of ownership -> update

Long drive report

Did a 2000 km long trip in first week of Jan. 5 adults + 2 kids. No complaints of fatigue from any of the travellers. Even the last row proved quite useful. Only a little bit of cautious driving in the turns, is enough to make the passengers in the last row comfortable.

All kinds of terrains were involved. The flat bed front seats were put to good use, when at one point of journey I had to sleep with my kids inside the vehicle when others were busy shopping. Some heavy traffic blocks due to an impending hartal made us wait on the road for more than 3 hours and we had to spent almost 10 hours inside this vehicle for a journey of 450kms, but it was not irritating, thanks to the space inside through which our kids can move around when we were standing still in traffic.

Fourth Service
Service done at 15000 km
Dealer: Nippon toyota
Problems reported: NIL
Time taken: 2 hours
What was done: Water wash, fluid level checks and general tests only
Cost: Rs. 500 (labour charges only)
The scratch and inward bump on the front left door needs a complete repaint of the door. Hence decided against it for the time being as it is not completely bothering me, because it is not quite evident.

1 year ownership experience
- Hassle free ownership
- makes you feel cramped when travelling in any other sedan
- Road trips becomes a piece of cake for the whole family
- Enough power to sustain excitation level of the driver
- City driving manners is quite good (love the third gear)
- Surprisingle small turning radius
and many more positives.

Some pictures of my MPV

With the team bhp sticker
My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc08688.jpg

Fresh after the 2000km trip.
My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc08690.jpg

A stop over in one of the village roads (no roads to be precise)
My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc09089.jpg

Last edited by sps : 19th January 2010 at 15:23.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:54   #112
BHPian

I was a big innova fan . Only reason why i had to change my decesion was that it did not have ABS on G4 .

For ABS we had to go for V series . No Cruise control .

Scorpio offered both and had a peppy engine . Went for MHawk and loving it ..

End of the day Innnova is good , reliable vehicle
Old 18th March 2010, 12:32   #113
sps
BHPian

17500 - Update

Honeymoon is still continuing. Some long drives were done in February all with whole family.
At one point of a long drive my two kids and I had to spend about 2 to 3 hours while my better half and friends were doing shopping. We could either check in to a hotel or stay put in our innova. We opted for the second choice. The two flat bed front seats and the one in the back served as bed for us and we had a good sleep. . One more testament for this being a real Multi Purpose Vehicle.

Hiccups
Got one puncture on the front tyre. But air did not leak out fast and could reach the next puncture repair shop.

One more minor accident

Seems like its time of hits for my Innova. A second incident within a span of 2 months. Again two vehicles collided and one of them some how landed in my front while I was cruising at 80 kmph. Jammed the brakes, but could not avoid hitting the maruthi. The car guy was drunk and he rammed into some bike after which he turned right and came in front of me . After the incident, he quickly got into his car and sped away fearing the wrath of local people who gathered quickly. Luckily my front bumper took the impact and came out of the lock clip.
The good things were,
No one inside my vehicle knew that I had jammed the brakes and had a hit.
The vehicle held its line while braking.
The damage was minimal. The service centre charged me Rs 100 for the bumper repair.

Of late I am finding that cost of ownership of Innova is less than that of my Santro. I don't know how it will be when some part replacement will be involved.

Here is one of the pics of my MPV taken at Kuttanad

My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc001561.jpg
Old 18th March 2010, 12:45   #114
BHPian

Good to know that your Innova suffered minimal damage.
Good pictures especially the third!
Old 20th April 2010, 15:09   #115
sps
BHPian

1700 km trip update (odo now at 19000 in 14 months)

Vacation time for kids !!

Embarked on a Coorg trip from Trivandrum via Calicut, Wayanad, Mananthavadi, Kutta, Virajpet covering all kinds of terrains and at some places with absolutely no roads.

The pax count was 6 adults and 2 kids. True to the vehicles image, the travel was extremely comfortable with the super chill AC keeping us all refreshed.

Driving was effortless and could manage pretty good timings despite travelling in a relaxed mode just to ensure that the hairpins in Wayanad and the high ranges near virajpet does not affect the last row passengers.

My concern for the braking efficiency is growing up day by day as at one stage I had to slam the brakes since a pedestrain jumped to the highway without noticing my vehicle coming at 80 km/hr. I slammed the brakes but did not stop before reaching him and I had to steer towards right to avoid him, during which time the vehicle skidded and I had to do a reverse steer to keep it in track. Eventhough nothing happened I am being overcautious for the time being. Now my first priority is to get the brakes checked up. It was the only hiccup during the entire travel.

Fuel efficiency was in the range of 14km/litre

A picture of the cruiser, taken enroute Kaveri Nisargadama
Attachment 333577
Old 20th April 2010, 15:24   #116
Senior - BHPian

SPS,

Picture not viewable.

Apart from that, your note on the braking, yes, do get them checked. Also check if there are any instructions from Toyota about any changes to the Innova brakes.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:39   #117
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
SPS,

Picture not viewable.

Apart from that, your note on the braking, yes, do get them checked. Also check if there are any instructions from Toyota about any changes to the Innova brakes.
I checked with the service centre. There are no instruction about any changes in Innova brakes.
Uploading the picture again.
My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-innucoorg1.jpg
Old 19th February 2012, 12:24   #118
sps
BHPian

An update after a long long time

One and half years passed by after my last update in this thread. Here are some updates.

- keeping the whole family happy and fatigue free during long highway journeys
- Odo now reads 49000 km (in 3 years)
- Servicing done regularly every 5000km
- No issues to report during the servicing
- Tyre changed at 48000, got Bridgestone B390 itself. Did not feel the need to upgrade as I was comfortable with the original ones. I regularly cruise at 100 - 110 km/hr in highways.
- Along with tyres alloys also was fitted. Neo make
- New head unit installed. A chinese make - fly audio - purchased from Dubai with all the bells and whistles, bluetooth pairing, DVD player, reverse cam input, GPS etc. It perfectly fits in the the dash board and gives a new feel.
- An overhead screen (Xenos make, 10") also made its appearance.
- Had to take some hits from motorcycles, but luckily nothing not serious and glaring. Yet to repair some of the scratches on the vehicle.

All the add ons have made the vehicle feel new again.

The service centre experience (Nippon toyota, thiruvananthapuram) has been excellent till date. 2 of my friends are also part of Toyota family based on my experience and some more are in line

Here are pics of the new alloys and the head unit

My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc00018.jpg

My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc09251.jpg
sps is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed