Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 17:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Yup, the Blue & Me will only work with Microsoft Windows Smartphones

You can find the Microsoft logo on the steering wheel!
Blue & Me logo is in the glove box.

Blue & Me will work with a range of phones including Nokia/ Samsung/Sony. IMO, iPhone will not work not just because of MS but also because in the iphone the bluetooth option is enable only for the purpose of connectivity to a blue-tooth ear piece.

However, full compatibility is assured with only certain models. Refer to this link for details Start di servizio
(the site might not have been updated though).

Example of not fully compatible (source:Technical: Blue&Me compatible phones.... - The FIAT Forum)

Begin quote:
There's compatible and fully compatible. Realistically, the Bravo, GP and 500 owners should make a fully detailed lists of phones they have tried, and what works.

Such as:

Nokia N95
Dial from Blue&Me - YES
Reject Incoming Call - YES
Redial - YES
User Defined Ringtone (Kept from Phone) - YES
Network Provider Name - YES
Call Waiting - TBC
Caller ID as per Phonebook - YES
Contacts Download - Individually or all, using "Mark/Unmark" feature on phone
Transfer call back to handset - YES
Muting - YES
SMS Reader - No

Samsung E900
Dial from Blue&Me - YES
Reject Incoming Call - YES
Redial - YES
User Defined Ringtone (Kept from Phone) - NO
Network Provider Name - YES
Call Waiting - TBC
Caller ID as per Phonebook - YES
Contacts Download - Automatically
Transfer call back to handset - YES
Muting - YES
SMS Reader - No
End quote

People who have got delivery of the car - Does the owner's manual have a list of compatible phones? If yes, a scanned copy of the page will be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Delivery of Emotion+ will take a atleast4-6 weeks, i booked my petrol on Feb 3rd, ETD is still at March 1st week, but I doubt it. Seems like Fiat is pushing for Flamenco Red(Marron for all us mortals). I have booked a Black and hoping i will get the car atleast 2nd week of March. As demand increases, i think supply will be an issue.
AFAIK, the waiting period has remained static at 4-6 weeks. According to Concorde, they have been assured 40-50 cars in February (across trims and engine options). However there seems to be an issue with "certain" parts of the EPack. IMO, it will be worthwhile waiting for the EPack rather than settling for the Emotion version.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th February 2009 at 17:33. Reason: back to back posts
Old 16th February 2009, 17:45   #17
BHPian

Errrrr

They say "To Error is Human"

I read somewhere long back hence thght it might be tht way!

On Saturday, did a TD of Linea Emotion but since it doesnt have a Blue&Me feature I could not test it!

I now see Blue&Me supports most mobile phones with Bluetooth technology.

Here is the link where you can see list of Phones supporting Blue&Me technology!

Fiat Blue&me

Cheers~

Last edited by rudrah : 16th February 2009 at 17:48.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Errrrr

They say "To Error is Human"

Here is the link where you can see list of Phones supporting Blue&Me technology!

Fiat Blue&me

Cheers~
Error due to assumption on my part too.

iPhone 2G and 3G are supported according to the link above.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for all the answers. Also, sorry for taking the discussion completely off-topic, as has become customary of me.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:32   #20
BHPian

Worth the wait

Let me tell you people, Linea was worth a wait. I waited for this car for 2 years. From December 2006 when I saw this cars picture and read review I had made up my mind to buy one. Now owing and driving the Linea is a pleasure. Using Blue & Me is just worth every penny spent.
So what ever the waiting period , your wait will be worth it.
Old 16th February 2009, 22:46   #21
BHPian

Some more info from Nehamit

A fellow T-BHP member Nehamit sent me a PM, he mentioned how to track your Linea booking and some background info

His Linea, is a E+ HipHop black color and has already been dispatched from Pune on 13/02/2009, and he should have it delivered in Ahmedabad by 18th Feb. From his conversation with the Western Region Head of Fiat, Fiat India has procured parts for E+ from Italy and now they have started dispatching E+ to all dealerships in India and in next 15 days time, the supply of E+ will be online, i.e. book today and get the vehicle immediately depending on how far you are from Pune. Also, they typically wait for the the full load of the container which has a full capacity of 10 cars, so where ever they have 10 cars waiting, container is immediately dispatched. In the case of Nehamit, his car was booked on 03/02/2009, billed on 11/02/2009 and dispatched on 13/02/2009. Please ask for the dealer whether your car is billed or not and if yes, you can expect it to arrive in next 10 days time max.

P.S. Nehamit, I have put up your message online, sorry could not get your permission, hope you do not mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
my phone recognizes commands easily, well when i talk in an american accent .
OK since everyone has cleared the doubts about B&M, just want to add the last 2 cents, Microsoft uses algorithms which are still outdated, so you need to speak in "American Accent" but like everyone has mentioned it does the job. I will not delve into the technicalities.
Old 16th February 2009, 23:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
A fellow T-BHP member Nehamit sent me a PM, he mentioned how to track your Linea booking and some background info

His Linea, is a E+ HipHop black color and has already been dispatched from Pune on 13/02/2009, and he should have it delivered in Ahmedabad by 18th Feb. From his conversation with the Western Region Head of Fiat, Fiat India has procured parts for E+ from Italy and now they have started dispatching E+ to all dealerships in India and in next 15 days time, the supply of E+ will be online, i.e. book today and get the vehicle immediately depending on how far you are from Pune. Also, they typically wait for the the full load of the container which has a full capacity of 10 cars, so where ever they have 10 cars waiting, container is immediately dispatched. In the case of Nehamit, his car was booked on 03/02/2009, billed on 11/02/2009 and dispatched on 13/02/2009. Please ask for the dealer whether your car is billed or not and if yes, you can expect it to arrive in next 10 days time max.

P.S. Nehamit, I have put up your message online, sorry could not get your permission, hope you do not mind.

OK since everyone has cleared the doubts about B&M, just want to add the last 2 cents, Microsoft uses algorithms which are still outdated, so you need to speak in "American Accent" but like everyone has mentioned it does the job. I will not delve into the technicalities.
Congrats Nehamit, Thanks for the info downsouth.

Was it a diesel or a petrol? Any ideas on the petrol deliveries, I booked mine (Petrol E+ , Flemenco )on the 7th Jan and still waiting.

Last edited by tinkywinky : 16th February 2009 at 23:24. Reason: Forgot to mention the car model
Old 16th February 2009, 23:44   #23
BHPian

Im loving it. Finally, it has come to fiats after a longtime. For all those complaining what did they do when the swifdesire too had long waiting periods.
Moreover honda bikes (HMSI) even after 3 yrs, have atleast 30 -60 days waiting period, pathetic service just 2-3 service stations for a city like mumbai. Now complain.
Old 17th February 2009, 02:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

What is all the fuss with Bluetooth built-in? JVC's BT1 had it 2 years ago. It's obvious that compatibility will be better with Microsoft's Blue and Me since its a newer tech.

but that should be a deciding factor while buying the car.
Old 17th February 2009, 09:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,
I booked Linea MJD Emotion Pack (Minimum Grey) on 22 Jan 2009 from VST Motors Chennai.yesterday i gone to meet their GM as there is no sign of getting deliver car on said date 16 Feb 2009.I got promised from the sales guy if there is delay in delivery i need a Temp car for my commutation.He promised the same.
I met GM and he apologized for delay and showed me the letter from FIL stating all car booked till now will be delivered on or before 10 March 2009.
I asked for temp car and interest from 22 Jan 2009 @ 10% rate and getting some freebies like Floor and dicky mats and Mud Flaps and 3M Sun Films.
He simply accepted it and might be getting some temp car(he told it's Tata Sumo) and ride the car till i get my Linea.
But all my planned long trips from March 1 got drenched
Awaiting Linea............
Old 17th February 2009, 10:27   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see Fiat come out and tell the truth that they did not anticipate demand for the Emotion Pk versions. Atleast they are reacting to the demand.

Good signs though on the Manager's part to throw in a few freebies for the delay.
Old 17th February 2009, 11:52   #27
BHPian

My Linea Petrol

Good News !! My Linea Petrol has been dispatched and would arrive at my Bangalore dealer soon. Eagerly waiting for it.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:36   #28

Hello everyone , i booked a Black E optional pack linea( petrol ) on round about 7th of feb. or so , i was told then by the salesman that it will definately take atleast 4 week's till the car comes to hyderabad . He told me that the fiat guys were having shortage with things that come with the emotion pack and were having some problems getting it shipped to india from italy ( especially the airbags and Blue&Me car kits ). Out of Curiousity i went again to the dealer an hour back and he showed me the mail which he got from fiat stating that all bookings till today will be dispatched by 10th march and the delivery dates from 10th march can be given to the current customers... The salesman has promised me that the final delivery will be done by 20th march ...
My dad says he has a feeling that we'll get the car by 10th march .... I hope it happens accordingly
I feel its worth the Wait for the E Option Pack .... Hang in There, Best of Luck with Your Deliveries
Old 17th February 2009, 16:28   #29
BHPian

Checked with Concorde motors today, they told me Emotion + would take 4 weeks if i booked today. Emotion was available in all colors for ready delivery.
Old 17th February 2009, 17:02   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder why do most of the manufacturers get their demand forecasting for various models wrong?

IIRC, this was also the case for SX4, (and other cars also) where manufacturers thought that not many people will go in for high end versions and it turned out to the opposite. So we have/had situations where base models are easily available with less takers for them and top end models not available and everyone wants it.

I don't think manufacturers would do this intentionally as such a situation is for sure not to their benefit and for sure not to customers also. So it's actually a lose-lose situation and we see it happening time and time again. Wonder why!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks