Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 17:15   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
Good News !! My Linea Petrol has been dispatched and would arrive at my Bangalore dealer soon. Eagerly waiting for it.
Hey Tinky,

Was the info I posted earlier helpful? Did you check with the dealer on the info I provided? Good to hear that your car has already been dispatched from pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikarsai View Post
Hello everyone , i booked a Black E optional pack linea( petrol ) on round about 7th of feb. or so ,
Hi Srikarsai,
I just noticed that you are from hyderabad and I have booked a Black Emotion+ petrol as well. Its good to know that I found another member from Hyderabad buying a Linea. Which dealer did you book your car from? I am asking this because, the petrol Linea meant for TD at Malik felt like a Lemon. I just wanted your opinion.

thanks

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th February 2009 at 17:30. Reason: back to back posts
Old 17th February 2009, 17:44   #32
BHPian

one more from Hyderabad

downsouth, I am also planning for Petrol Linea Epack Red (If all goes well). But will have to take delivery in April (my company will finance it only from next Financial year :( )

Autofin secunderabad has called and said that a Dynamic petrol is available for TD. Hope to do it soon. Now I am a bit confident after your TD

Earlier, I had test driven the Diesel at Autofin and Malik.
I hated the experience @ malik. Their attitude sucks (maybe because they are in banjara Hills!). They haven't even bothered to make a follow-up call. Autofin has been calling me regularly.
Old 17th February 2009, 17:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Hey Tinky,

Was the info I posted earlier helpful? Did you check with the dealer on the info I provided? Good to hear that your car has already been dispatched from pune.
Hey buddz !!

The information you posted was very helpful, guess what I was gonna call them with the information, but the dealer called me before that confirming my Linea dispatch.

I loved your test report and thanks for a detailed report. Now I am waiting for the Linea kick plates, and the aluminium pedals (they look cool on the international Linea website) , wish I could get those in march. I will be checking out Ovion (this saturday) and karlsson for the seats.
Old 17th February 2009, 19:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

am I mistaken or the prices of LInea have actually increased on the fiat website?
Old 17th February 2009, 19:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
am I mistaken or the prices of LInea have actually increased on the fiat website?
Do not think so.

At least Mumbai Emotion Pack prices for Diesel (8.35L) and Petrol (7.21L) have not changed.
Old 17th February 2009, 19:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajen83 View Post
downsouth, I am also planning for Petrol Linea Epack Red (If all goes well). But will have to take delivery in April (my company will finance it only from next Financial year :( )

Autofin secunderabad has called and said that a Dynamic petrol is available for TD. Hope to do it soon. Now I am a bit confident after your TD

Earlier, I had test driven the Diesel at Autofin and Malik.
I hated the experience @ malik. Their attitude sucks (maybe because they are in banjara Hills!). They haven't even bothered to make a follow-up call. Autofin has been calling me regularly.
Thats good to know rajen, Go ahead take the TD. I am not really aware of autofin, since I have never been there. But I am sure it will be better than Malik. Except for the Sales Manager, i dont think anyone has a clue what they are selling.

Try the Concorde guys as well, they seem quite efficient. I liked the sales guy's attitude a lot. I considered concorde since it is a Tata group company, in the long run maybe it would be better to stick to them.

Good to see some T-Bhp guys from hyderabad.
Old 17th February 2009, 19:49   #37

Quote:
Hi Srikarsai,
I just noticed that you are from hyderabad and I have booked a Black Emotion+ petrol as well. Its good to know that I found another member from Hyderabad buying a Linea. Which dealer did you book your car from? I am asking this because, the petrol Linea meant for TD at Malik felt like a Lemon. I just wanted your opinion.

thanks
I Approached Malik Cars in Himayat Nagar .
When i went for the 1st time to get the On Road Prices , the salesman showed me a Silver Dynamic Linea. That was the first time i Saw the Car in Flesh.He Came home the next morning with a Red Emotion Pack Linea (Petrol) for the Test Drive.
The TD Car Seemed to be Okay ,it was definately not a "LEMON" . It was smooth and Performance was also just apt , i felt . Of Course i Couldnt not really take it to a 120kmPh , but i did like a 110 odd on Ministers/Necklace Road Strech. Everything Seemed fine at that moment , the car felt well planted on the road and holding the steering wheel , felt a lot more confident. The Sound Levels were Just right while cruising , no problems in that front.
The Only Problem Encountered was the Blue&Me System couldnt Really Pair up with my NSeries and wasnt Working Properly i guess. Plus There was this Weird Rattling Sound coming from the Rear Right Suspension in the begining , but that faded out after a bit of driving .
But overall the TD Car felt Very Nice to drive and definately not a "Lemon"
Old 17th February 2009, 19:51   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I dont Think so, the prices look more or less the same on the website.
Old 18th February 2009, 08:19   #39
BHPian

A month post launch, i'm yet to see a Linea on the road here in Bangalore on Airport road during peak hour... disappointing :-(
Old 18th February 2009, 09:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
A month post launch, i'm yet to see a Linea on the road here in Bangalore on Airport road during peak hour... disappointing :-(
Neither have I. Have been looking around quite a bit. Not a single linea spotted The only lineas I managed to see were in showrooms.
Old 18th February 2009, 09:52   #41
BHPian

FIAL did not expect bookings of EMOTION+ in huge no's so they are stuck with supplies, there have been a lot of bookings but deliveries are sluggish. You should start spotting a lot of LINEA's by the 2nd week of March.
Old 18th February 2009, 10:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Neither have I. Have been looking around quite a bit. Not a single linea spotted The only lineas I managed to see were in showrooms.
Spotted one on double road in Indiranagar - a light grey/silver colour. Looks smart and comfortable!
Old 18th February 2009, 12:12   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I spotted one on Saturday Flamingo Red Emotion Mulitjet with aftermarket alloys near RT Nagar BDA Complex around 12.30pm. Looked really good. I guess that car had 16 or 17 inch alloys, looked real good though.
Old 18th February 2009, 13:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
FIAL did not expect bookings of EMOTION+ in huge no's so they are stuck with supplies, there have been a lot of bookings but deliveries are sluggish. You should start spotting a lot of LINEA's by the 2nd week of March.
Complete disaster! Fiat has'nt learnt anything from their previous mis-adventures: Uno, Palio had huge bookings at launch and Fiat could'nt cope up with their supplies... poor SCM
Old 18th February 2009, 15:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Fiat has'nt learnt anything from their previous mis-adventures: Uno, Palio had huge bookings at launch and Fiat could'nt cope up with their supplies...
Not really, Fiat didn't expect the huge demand for the top-end version of Linea (Emotion+) which needs some imported parts like Air-bags, Blue&me etc.

Other variants are readily available.

Most Viewed