Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2009, 22:43   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I
I can understand waiting periods for a new car. I can also understand that manufacturers might wrongly calculate demand for a particular variant of the car. But even if we assume that ALL the people booking the Linea are opting for the top variant, still some should get the car, right ? If so, we should see atleast a few of these on the roads, right ? But, looks like all the owners are keeping the Linea locked in their garages (atleast in Chennai where I am yet to see ONE Linea). Maybe due to the car attracting too much 'Admiration' on the roads.
Lets see. I have seen 4 Linea on road in Chennai so far. All were lower variant. I havent seen any E+ models on road yet. I drive to MEPZ everyday, I saw the cars near IIT, Guindy, Airpot, Vadapalani. My friend is getting his E+ in couple of weeks.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:04   #62

I just called up my dealer here. He said the vehicle has been billed and will be dispatched most probably tomorrow from Pune . 3-4 days after that the vehicle will reach the dealership. So finally my patience has paid off,i feel

I booked black E+ linea (petrol) on 7th feb and looking at the waiting period ( till the vehicle being delivered at the dealership ) seems to be averaging between 20-25days ( refer downsouth's post about nehamit's linea dispatch details and other Linea Threads )
Old 24th February 2009, 17:07   #63

Sorry for OT but anyone from hyderabad had noticed a Fiat 5oo PC mouse at Concorde showroom.
Old 24th February 2009, 19:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajen83
ANHC was launched way back in September. The first car I saw in Hyderabad was in January! Even now ANHCs are very hard to find here.
You do have a point there. I do see a few ANHCs here and there, but certainly not enough for a car launched 6 months ago.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Still I am not getting the concrete answer from VST Motors,Chennai about my car delivery.
I booked Minimum Grey Linea MJD Emotion pack on 22 jan 2009.
Almost 1 month is gone.But they don't have any idea about car status.
I called GM and he told ,car will be delivered on or before 10 March 2009.
No idea when will i get my car.I paid full amount and i have to pay the EMI starting March 7 itself.
VST Motors sucks :( (seems I am having some bad luck,this is the third car i have booked in 1 year time after GetZ Crdi and Laura L&K (cancelled both due to some issues) )

any chennaities booked Linea Emotion pack in VST motors.Please reply.

Meanwhile Concorde Motors promised me to deliver the car by march 5 otherwise they will ready to give a temp car.
But i am not ready to cancel and book it again in Concorde.
I planned to wait.I am simply burned off
Old 27th February 2009, 10:02   #66
BHPian

Karthik, you're not alone. i'm also yet to hear anything from the dealer. but as you said even I get regular updates from dealer saying vehicle will be handed over before 10th March. I'd booked E+ MJD on 17th Jan and that too I stay in Pune where I dont think transportation delay should matter in anyway

Anyone in Pune area has got MJD E+ yet?

I've decided to be patient and wait till 10th March. heck I waited for couple of years for this car to come out in the market..I can always wait for some more days

BUT..I must admit this waiting period is killing me
Old 27th February 2009, 10:08   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
Karthik, you're not alone. i'm also yet to hear anything from the dealer. but as you said even I get regular updates from dealer saying vehicle will be handed over before 10th March. I'd booked E+ MJD on 17th Jan and that too I stay in Pune where I dont think transportation delay should matter in anyway

Anyone in Pune area has got MJD E+ yet?

I've decided to be patient and wait till 10th March. heck I waited for couple of years for this car to come out in the market..I can always wait for some more days

BUT..I must admit this waiting period is killing me
Man, once you get your Linea in hand, can we meet for a cup of coffee someday? I also have my eyes set on Linea, but reluctant to take plunge because I am still skeptical and our endless problems with Kinetic Sym Flight in last one year has made me take wait-and-watch stand! It would hurt me badly if I invest 9L in this car and it goes kaput. I will be overstretching my budget for this car, so want be sure before I take the plunge!
Old 27th February 2009, 10:19   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Man, once you get your Linea in hand, can we meet for a cup of coffee someday?
Any day man..just wait till I get my hands on this darn beauty
Old 28th February 2009, 00:18   #69

does anyone know the situation in mumbai?. I have booked an Emotion + (Petrol) , but Concorde Motors tells me 09 models will not be ready for delivery till end of march !!.though they have a lot of dec 08 models for delivery .
Old 28th February 2009, 12:59   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadoofsouls View Post
does anyone know the situation in mumbai?. I have booked an Emotion + (Petrol) , but Concorde Motors tells me 09 models will not be ready for delivery till end of march !!.though they have a lot of dec 08 models for delivery .
I got my delivery of linea diesel emotion + on feb 2 2009. the billing date is 31st jan 09. And as you will be surprised and so was I that the car was manufactured on 16th jan 09. I was so happy to know that. I dont know why you were told this.
Old 28th February 2009, 15:47   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
I got my delivery of linea diesel emotion + on feb 2 2009. the billing date is 31st jan 09. And as you will be surprised and so was I that the car was manufactured on 16th jan 09. I was so happy to know that. I dont know why you were told this.
Even my cousin booked one on 20th Feb and has been promised delivery on 1st March or 2nd March latest (delay maybe because of registration)
Old 28th February 2009, 15:48   #72
BHPian

Had booked a Linea MJD Emotion + on 18Feb, just got a call from the dealer (Concorde Motors) that it is in transit and would be ready for delivery on 2/3 March. Fortunately my eager wait ends in 2 weeks.
Old 28th February 2009, 20:17   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadoofsouls View Post
Hi!
Here in Ahmedabad, they are going to start delivering petrol E+ by 3rd March 2009, and as mentioned earlier, Fiat now produces enough E+ to be delivered before 15th March 2009 and meet the demand of E+.
Probably this is true for all other parts of the country also.
Old 1st March 2009, 14:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

Had been to BU Bhandari service center in pune. 15 Lineas (Couple of Dynamic, one Active, rest emotion and E+) were there for PDI. One of the staff members said soon the delivery will be arranged to customers (May be this week) once they complete the initial inspection of the car.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 1st March 2009 at 14:52.
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

Finally got a Good news from VST Motors,The car has been dispatched from Pune Factory on Thursday.
It will be reaching chennai on or before 4 or 5th march 2009 and getting deliver the car by coming Friday or Saturday, if everything goes well.
Awaiting Linea :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks