Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 19:47   #16
BHPian

Hey that is a good deal that you got on the car. One suggestion would be, put in the pete's box immediately. The car anyway has 10k service intevals and you can disconnect the box in 10 minutes. Dont miss out on the fun
Old 18th February 2009, 20:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Great buy Maverick!
The Elantra CRDI is a nice car, I was also considering to buy it, but the prices here in Bangalore are exhorbintant. It would cost atleast 5 to 5.5 lacs in Bangalore, for the same price you can get an indica vista QJD brand new.

Dont you thing 58k kms a too much and the cream of the life of the car is over? From here on the maintenance cost will be very high and the car being discontinued the price of spares will also be high?

Anyways it will be a fun car to drive.

So Cheers,
Nitin
Hey nitin,the life of the car is 1.5-2 lakh km at the very least easily if its maintained well.The regular service costs are around 3k at the 10k km interval and have checked the spares,easily available since the Sonata Transform CRDi uses the same engine which is tuned higher.And not expensive at all for a car of this category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Does he have any other cars for sale??
You can get the steering leather wrapped, it will give you more thickness and feel.
Yup,thanks for the advice mate, will get that done soon,should help.He has gotten an Altis for himself now,he was planning to get a Sonata Transform CRDi but his wife was against it.Too bad,I would've told him to call me in 3 years when he wanted to upgrade again.LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations on a fabulous buy Mav. The Elantra CRDi is a stonker. Getting a prestine used example is difficult but I'm happy to see you found one. Service it regularly, Hyundai service is top notch and on par with Maruti. Do post some pictures. White Elantras look great.

Enjoy your new car
Thank you sir.It has been serviced regularly and only at the Hyundai owned service centre at Cotton Green which is the best.And that is the only place that my car will be serviced at till I own it.Nowhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Congrats maverick...great car...great price...YOU HAVE A WINNER!!!!!! Do remember to get a thorough service & check-up done from a proper A.S.S. You will avoid potential problems later...specially the turbo, intercooler piping, intercooler, timing & ancillary equipment belts etc. Also get a decarb done.

Enjoy!
Hi 1self,you got a stonker yourself mate.I got a complete check done the day after I got the car,changed the timing belt and other belts,everything else is fine for now.The advisor said Hyundai doesn't really recommend a decarb for the Elantra CRDi,just an engine flush will do.And that was done about 6 months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Umm yeah, a Vista will surely be as fun as an Elantra is to drive. Yep.
ROFLMAO immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Hey that is a good deal that you got on the car. One suggestion would be, put in the pete's box immediately. The car anyway has 10k service intevals and you can disconnect the box in 10 minutes. Dont miss out on the fun
I'm getting tempted as well.But with the Pete's an upgrade of footwear to Michelin PP2s is essential for the extra power,the current MRFs won't do.Total cost for both should be around 40-50k I guess.Have started saving up since I shot up my budget from 3 lakhs and will get that as soon as I have the dough.Hate the tax season.

Thanks for all the praises guys.I think the car must be blushing red by now
I'll post the pics by tomorrow or day after latest.
Cheers

Last edited by maverick030581 : 18th February 2009 at 20:03.
Old 19th February 2009, 00:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats maverick! any pics of the car? Does this one come with climate control?
Old 19th February 2009, 02:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Maverick! That was one sweet experience with the previous owner!

The car is a one great machine. Can understand the excitement level in your post itself.

Happy motoring.
Old 19th February 2009, 09:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Congrats maverick! any pics of the car? Does this one come with climate control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats Maverick! That was one sweet experience with the previous owner!

The car is a one great machine. Can understand the excitement level in your post itself.

Happy motoring.
@govigov
Will be uploading pics in a day or two.And yes,the car does have climate control.

@HappyWheels
Thanks a ton mate.I couldn't believe how easy it was myself
Old 19th February 2009, 10:58   #21
BHPian

maverick accept my heartiest congratulations...you made one hell of a decision to acquire one hell of a car and that too in one hell of a color
you know to be honest with you i was resisting myself from opening this thread as your words would have only made my longing for this car more prominent...and it sure did!
no doubt luck was by your side at the right time and right place. ANd it feels really nice to know that the previous owner was a car enthusiast as well and the matter of fact that he dropped 50K from his asking price self-willingly is just an icing on the cake.

Couple of questions:
1. How is the driver seat's view on road. Is it easy to maneuver this car in traffic?
2. How's the headlights performance at nights. Are they suffice?
3. How's the engine noise at high rpms?
4. what is the rpm band for the turbo and at how may rpms does it redline?
5. How's the overall bulid quality of the car. Are there any rattles?

some recommendations...
1. while you change you wheels, change your alloys as well. White elantra with fancy smoky alloys would look wild.
2. Add green cotton filter when you get petes.
3. if you are not an audiophile then upgrading stock speakers to better quality will make lot of difference without changing the stock HU. This would help to retain the originality of car as well.

enjoy your car.
Old 19th February 2009, 11:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
maverick accept my heartiest congratulations...you made one hell of a decision to acquire one hell of a car and that too in one hell of a color
you know to be honest with you i was resisting myself from opening this thread as your words would have only made my longing for this car more prominent...and it sure did!
no doubt luck was by your side at the right time and right place. ANd it feels really nice to know that the previous owner was a car enthusiast as well and the matter of fact that he dropped 50K from his asking price self-willingly is just an icing on the cake.

enjoy your car.
Thanks a ton mate

Couple of questions:
1. How is the driver seat's view on road. Is it easy to maneuver this car in traffic?
The view is surprisingly very good,considering all Hyundais have low seating position.The driver's seat is adjustable in a lot of ways so even shorter guys can see the front edges if they wish.I personally like the driver's seating a little lower though.Steering in traffic is a breeze as it is not too big a car and the steering is pretty light.

2. How's the headlights performance at nights. Are they suffice?
Headlights are just about par for the course,I wouldn't recommend them on dimly lit highways.An upgrade to 4300K HIDs is essential if yuo do a lot of highway driving and that is on my list before the rains.

3. How's the engine noise at high rpms?
At higher rpms above 4000 rpm it does begin to sound a little coarse.Diesel clatter at those rpms is unmistakable.
4. what is the rpm band for the turbo and at how may rpms does it redline?
The turbo kicks in from around 1800 rpm all the way to the redline at 4600 rpm.
5. How's the overall bulid quality of the car. Are there any rattles?
The build quality is very good,no rattles whatsoever so far.

some recommendations...
1. while you change you wheels, change your alloys as well. White elantra with fancy smoky alloys would look wild.
Yup planning to change the alloys but a little later.I think all my money this year will be going into upgrades
2. Add green cotton filter when you get petes.
Definitely on with the Pete's.Need to check the sound levels with the Green though.K&N would make this car a little too loud for me I think.
3. if you are not an audiophile then upgrading stock speakers to better quality will make lot of difference without changing the stock HU. This would help to retain the originality of car as well.
I am a bit of an audiophile but not too much.ICE is the last of my priorities for this car as of now,will only upgrade when I have the dough to go the whole 9 yards with HU,front comps,rear coaxials,sub,amp et el.

OT-Really love your ride too.Looks hot !
Old 19th February 2009, 12:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, maverick.

Dont think too much - just Pete the damn car. Its the best piece of advice you will ever get.
Old 19th February 2009, 12:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Excellent buy my friend !
Old 19th February 2009, 13:18   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

That's one awesome purchase. Seems like Elantra is gaining popularity on the forum after it didnt make much noise when it was in production.

Your lucky to have gotten a beautiful color and well maintained Elantra for that price. With better footwear, i am sure it will become unstoppable.

Like Ashish said, i doubt if you can wait for 3 months to get the Pete's dhabba.

Look forward to lots of pictures of interiors and exteriors to see the condition ofthe car. Congrats again!
Old 19th February 2009, 14:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats maverick, thats a wonderful write up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
I gave him an offer of 4.6 lakhs..Imagine my disbelief when he first said that he would not accept that offer. His next statement was,”I will not accept your offer of 4.6 lakhs.I’ll give you the car for 4.5 lakhs.” ! I was blown away by this gentleman’s attitude.
I had exactly the same experience just a few days back and for the same amount. Exactly when did that happen ?
Old 19th February 2009, 14:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats maverick, thats a wonderful write up.

I had exactly the same experience just a few days back and for the same amount. Exactly when did that happen ?
Thanks mate..Didn't quite get you on the second part buddy.If you're referring to when my deal was finalised verbally,it was on 28th Jan.The actual transfer happened on Thursday 12th Feb.
Quite a coincidence if the exact same thing happened to you as well.We are both lucky I guess

Last edited by maverick030581 : 19th February 2009 at 14:50.
Old 19th February 2009, 15:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
The actual transfer happened on Thursday 12th Feb.
Quite a coincidence if the exact same thing happened to you as well.We are both lucky I guess
My deal went through just like that on the 12th Feb. Starnge coincidence, wouldn't you say ?
Old 19th February 2009, 15:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
My deal went through just like that on the 12th Feb. Starnge coincidence, wouldn't you say ?
Thats quite amazing actually,for two people to find two such fair gentlemen that too on the same day
Destiny for both of us I guess,I'm happy for the both of us
Cheers mate.
Old 19th February 2009, 17:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Couple of questions:
1. Is it easy to maneuver this car in traffic?
Forgot to add,the 2 DIN front centre armrest is a very nifty feature that makes gear changes very effortless.It is brilliantly positioned to rest your left arm on especially in tiresome city traffic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks