Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 15:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Great buy man! Congrats!
Looks super in white too. Echoing the others (and you too): Pete it soon, and get some better rubber.
Have fun with HIM
Old 26th February 2009, 15:47   #47
BHPian

Thanks for the nice words mates.I know,I'm just too lucky to find the perfect one on my first go.It sounds unbelievable,I'm sure,but the ex owner still calls me every 2-3 days to check how the car is doing and if its giving me any trouble.In his own words,he wants to keep checking and confirm to me that he sold me a great car.I couldn't agree more lol.
@kpzen-Baleno was on my list earlier,great driver's car for sure..About the exchange bit,no comments
@razor4077-Thanks for keeping the car's sentiments in mind bro
Old 26th February 2009, 19:18   #48
BHPian

I wish there were really more Elantras on the road. My bro-in-law owns it, and although its not a stunner in terms of looks, it's a car I definitely like. We Indians have given a really raw deal to this car.
Old 26th February 2009, 19:25   #49
BHPian

Hi Maverick,

Was going through the classified section and found something that might interest you

Team-BHP Classifieds - Petes Tuning Box for Elantra - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Regards,
Kailash
Old 27th February 2009, 12:56   #50
BHPian

Thanks for the linky kailashnj.I'll check it out though its a little old,been posted in September last year.
PS-Going on a drive to Lonavala on Sunday early morning via the Mumbai-Pune expressway to check the high speed characteristics of the car.Expect an update following that soon
Old 27th February 2009, 16:01   #51
BHPian

Congrats Maverick

I had a few questions, hope someone answers them . . .
- Everyone's ga-ga about the elantra crdi, but how's the petrol (gls) version ?
It is supposed to have 127 hp as compared to the 112 in the disel version.
- Does this 4 yr / 80,000 km warranty apply to all the used elantras on sale in the market ?

Sorry Maverick for hijacking your thread, but I did not want to start another one just for my couple of questions. Besides I suppose these are not entirely out of context.

Why am I asking these questions ?? . . . . Because I'm seriously considering buying an elantra after selling my swift In fact I'm seeing a few used ones this weekend.

BTW, where in Mumbai r u located ? Could u pls PM me your mob # so that I could call u up for more advice ?
Old 27th February 2009, 17:02   #52
BHPian

@bikefreak

The petrol version does have 127 bhp but you can't really compare the bhp rating for petrols and desels.AFAIK the petrol doesn't really have the kind of performance the CRDI has,its more of a cruiser rather than a bruiser.Its not really one for outright performance and acceleration and not too keen on high-revving.Unless you plan to mod it,in which case it can become a real beast.It has the same features as the CRDi though like ABS,EBD,TCS etc.Contact a member of our forum, 1self, who has modded his Elantra petrol and made it a monster.

IIRC the 4 year/80k km warranty isn't on all Elantras,none of the cars I had checked out apart from the one I bought had the warranty.

I'm based at Goregaon west.I'll pm you my mobile number in a bit but I don't really claim to be an expert on the Elantra or any other car actually
I was helped a great deal in my quest by another member of our forum(tadukuttan) who owns an Elantra CRDi himself

OT-I heard Hyundai now has a 5 year/100k km warranty in India,and in the US they have a 10 year/1 million miles warranty.Just goes to show that Hyundai is very confident of its build quality and service network.

Last edited by maverick030581 : 27th February 2009 at 17:06.
Old 27th February 2009, 19:30   #53
BHPian

my friend has elantra petrol. i love the audio system. the chrome ringed tweeters look cool. and i think this car has traction control which others car in this segment still dont have it :P

Last edited by Caramelo : 27th February 2009 at 19:31.
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:46   #54
BHPian

High Speed Trip To Lonavala

Update:
Went to Lonavala on Sunday morning to test the high speed stability and reliability.On the expressway as I expected,the car simply flies.Me and a couple of friends took turns driving and all of us were highly impressed with the stability and the confidence this car inspires at high speeds.I touched a max of 170 kph before running out of road and catching up to other cars on several occasions.The car still had quite a bit of juice left.And this was with the A/C set to 17 degrees on full blower with 4 guys in the car.After reaching Lonavala we went up to Lion's point and on the twisty uphill U-turns,it wasn't as comfortable to drive as a petrol as we had to keep the engine in the correct rpm range to avoid getting bogged down.Not very difficult though.
Faced a small hiccup on the way back,soon after hitting the expressway the Check Engine light came on and stayed on all the way back.The car also felt a little sluggish in accelerating and was running out of breath at 160 kph.Took it to the Hyundai guys at Cotton Green on my way back,they plugged in the hi-scan and rectified the error.Just a two minute job.They said because of the error the ECU was supplying less fuel to the engine and hence the sluggishness.The car is now back to normal but I'm still a little perplexed as to why this error happened in the first place.

PS-At Chembur a moron bus driver touched my left OVRM and left a nice small red tattoo.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:53   #55
BHPian

Some Photos From Lonavala

Here are some pics that we took at Lions Point :
Attached Thumbnails
Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elantralon1.jpg  

Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elntralon3.jpg  

Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elantralon4.jpg  

Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elantralon7.jpg  

Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elantralon8.jpg  

Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elantralon9.jpg  

Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elantralon11.jpg  

Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elantralon15.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2009, 16:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

she is a beauty
looks amazing
congrats
Old 7th March 2009, 12:07   #57
BHPian

Pete's - coming sooner than expected

After some deliberation and consultation,I have decided to put in the Pete's box this month soon.The K&N will also be added along with it but I'll have to wait for some time to put in the Michelin PP2s(lack of cash at the moment ).I wanted to wait till May but I have run out of patience(and with this decision will run out of money as well ).Will put in a report once the install is done with more pics soon.
Old 7th March 2009, 14:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your gr8 buy, must say lucky you for getting that splendid deal on this one. White looks cool on this car.Have a safe ride and keep updating.CHEERS!!!
Old 20th March 2009, 16:14   #59
Senior - BHPian

This is in reply to maverick's PM. Here you go buddy, personally i feel contrasting wheels look better.

Chrome finish:
Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elantra-chrome.jpg

Matte black finish:
Maverick's Silent Assassin - Hyundai Elantra CRDi! Edit: Now Filtered and Pete'd-elantra-black.jpg
Old 20th March 2009, 16:29   #60
BHPian

Update

@badboyscad

Thanks a ton mate,I owe you one
Confirmed what my gut feel was too,the contrast created by painting the alloys black would give the car a killer look.So that decision is settled.
PS-Getting the car Pete'd and putting in a K&N stock replacement filter tomorrow,can't wait any longer

Would it be too much to ask to get the second picture with the dark alloys redone with the darkest shade of black possible please?Thanks a million again badboyscad,fantastic work buddy.

Last edited by maverick030581 : 20th March 2009 at 16:30.

Most Viewed