Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2009, 21:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

That's a sweet babe to drool on. Drive safe and keep her well protected from bikers, autos, buses, and everything that would want to touch & scratch her!
Of course with regular polishing & waxing!
Old 19th February 2009, 21:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures, Dr. Amit.
Please post some interior shots too.
Black looks nice on this car and IMO in dark shades this car looks one class above what it is.

Also do post initial review about the car specially FE, performance and interior NVH.

Last but not the least, Congratulations!
Old 19th February 2009, 21:47   #33
BHPian

Great looking car. Black really looks good on the linea. As Karan mentioned, can we have a front side pic too.
Old 19th February 2009, 21:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

gosh... she is a beauty! Everytime I see it the 'admiration' increases further.
Old 19th February 2009, 21:56   #35
BHPian

saw a silver linea on NH-8 today. definitely looked impressive.
black with alloys will be much more classy m sure.
Old 19th February 2009, 21:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Fiat has done it Again 98 PCD. No Alloy Wheels choice or even if it will be very Limited, Why Fiat why??
Old 19th February 2009, 22:00   #37
BHPian

Dr. Amit, heartiest congratulations on you new car..it really looks stunning..

The more I see Linea..the more I want to buy the car....
My TD expereince though, holds me back, wil be going in for one more TD this weekend..lets see if that changes my view!
Old 19th February 2009, 22:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
1. The odo was showing 150Km when I took the delivery. When inquired, they mentioned PDI as reason. I had to be content with the answer.
4.I saw that speedo was not connected. What!! Odo already 150Km and speedo not connected. I called the sales guy immediately on the Blue&Me and told him that I would be back in an hour or so. They connected, but it left me a feeling of dissatisfaction which I didn't see a real benefit of voicing it strong. I however felt that I should check the engine oil and change at the earliest even at my own cost.
6. Now I have blasted some more short bursts. Engine oil is almost black and I want to change it at the earliest. I had followed them many times. The service manager has noted my number to inform me as soon as the engine oil is available. Two week since then still no engine oil. They cannot put the Palio multijet oil as Linea's has less viscosity and are different altogether.
7. No mud flaps, no floor mats and no accessories. I had already fit the sun film from Garware, IceCool Elite 50. I avoided for the front windshield as I was not happy with night driving in my previous Spark specially when opposite vehicle puts high beam on me.
12. Forgot to mention that the bonnet opening knob has fallen off and is almost loosely hanging. They said that they would change it but no parts yet.
But service parts unavailability at this point of time really puts me off. I hope they stock up those regular consumables as I would clock 3000 on odo very soon.

Please do put up a mail to service@fiapl.com and mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com . Mr.Mangesh Kodalkar is the customer services head for fiat and he has bee working hard with the top mangement team to improve things at dealers. There is strict instruction as to not drive the customer vehicle and seperate test drive vehicles and test drive zones have been created at fiat dealers. Please inform him about your car having 150km on the odo and the accessories and oil not available. THis would help check any misuse in future. If you dont want it to sound as a complaint just give him a feedback and mention such things so that they could ensue good practices at dealerships.
Old 20th February 2009, 17:04   #39
BHPian

awesome pics Dr amit!
waiting for some more and initial revie in detail
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:30   #40
BHPian

Dr. Amit,

Did you finally pick up your cherished car? Waiting for more happening news - showroom experience, snaps, early drive thrills .....
Old 23rd February 2009, 09:58   #41
BHPian

Long drive mileage report - part 1

First, thanks Gemithomas for your response and advise. I will definitely do that so as to benefit others.

I took my first long drive. It was Bangalore to Coimbatore. Started on a hectic Friday evening. A lot of traffic, more than an hour to Hosur. The mileage showed 12Kmpl when I reached Hosur (two adults and one child of 18Kg). After that, the mileage indicator started improving. The peak average being at around 19.5 Kmpl on the display that was when I hit Bhavani. Thereafter, I again hit bad roads and congestion. I started firing the engine to do overtakings. By the time I reached home, the average fell down to 19.3 Kmpl. Let me mention that I did a moderate drive except when overtaking, i.e. I was cruising along at 80-100 Kmph most of the time, even when road was free. Once in a while I zoomed to 140Kmph, which I felt too much for night driving. I never felt the lack of power when I needed to overtake. I'm not going to brag about the comfort over bad patches and small humps.

I'll be driving back to Bangalore today (day time) and I'm planning to drive for a balance of mileage and power again, rather than extracting just power. That means, I will cover Coimbatore to Bangalore in over six hours (home to home including the terminal city traffic). I will update on the mileage again tomorrow. Since it is day time, I might go to some high speed testing on the highway too.
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:13   #42
BHPian

My Black E+ MJD arrived at my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Dr. Amit,

Did you finally pick up your cherished car? Waiting for more happening news - showroom experience, snaps, early drive thrills .....
Hi!
Yes, as planned, I took delivery of my Emotion Pack Black Linea on 21/2/2009.
Its just wonderful. Sales experience is good and staff was courteous. It took 15 minutes to understand the functions etc. and came home. The odo was 12 Kms. and initial trip meter data shows the FE of 14.7/litre of diesel in city driving conditions. I will calculate the actual FE on tankful to tankful basis and post again the same.
Yes, Linea is a real head turner and lot many relatives are turning up to see interiors and instantly comes with WOW expression! But no one forgets to ask about A.S.S. of FIAT!
The owner's manual for Blue&me has not listed my Nokia E51, but I was able to get this from Fiat web site(Fiat.it - Starting Page). The list of compatible phones is given at Fiat Blue&me.
So, that's all right now, will post more pics and detail review in a day or two.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:05   #43
BHPian

Quote:
First, thanks Gemithomas for your response and advise. I will definitely do that so as to benefit others.

I took my first long drive. It was Bangalore to Coimbatore. Started on a hectic Friday evening. A lot of traffic, more than an hour to Hosur. The mileage showed 12Kmpl when I reached Hosur (two adults and one child of 18Kg). After that, the mileage indicator started improving. The peak average being at around 19.5 Kmpl on the display that was when I hit Bhavani. Thereafter, I again hit bad roads and congestion. I started firing the engine to do overtakings. By the time I reached home, the average fell down to 19.3 Kmpl. Let me mention that I did a moderate drive except when overtaking, i.e. I was cruising along at 80-100 Kmph most of the time, even when road was free. Once in a while I zoomed to 140Kmph, which I felt too much for night driving. I never felt the lack of power when I needed to overtake. I'm not going to brag about the comfort over bad patches and small humps.

I'll be driving back to Bangalore today (day time) and I'm planning to drive for a balance of mileage and power again, rather than extracting just power. That means, I will cover Coimbatore to Bangalore in over six hours (home to home including the terminal city traffic). I will update on the mileage again tomorrow. Since it is day time, I might go to some high speed testing on the highway too.
Ya please do the top speed test if possible. It has been 21 days that I have got my Linea but have never got a chance to set the beauty on highway. So waiting for your review.
And do you think its ok to rev your engine right now when it is new. I think people drive it more conservatively when the engine is new. So do let me know about this please.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd February 2009 at 13:05. Reason: font tags
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:21   #44
BHPian

Quote:

thats a terrific F.e opendro.
but arent you worried about the running in period?
is it advisable to go upto 140kmph?
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
thats a terrific F.e opendro.
but arent you worried about the running in period?
is it advisable to go upto 140kmph?
He has said elsewhere that he is following the extreme break in technique

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks