Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 21:17   #76
BHPian

Linea Accessories now available with alloys of 16" & 17"

So at last I got the official Linea accessories from Fiat India. I waited for almost 3 weeks for this. I have got the mat(Rs.1003) and beige colored full leather seat covers(Rs.7000). I also got the car cover(Rs.1267). Boot mat has not yet arrived.
Interesting part to note is availability of 16" and 17" alloys also. Yes its there in the catalogue, so any one wishing for alloy resize, should go for the official one only. 15" alloy costs Rs.10500.
Old 12th March 2009, 22:38   #77
BHPian

Dr. Amit,

Good to hear you got the accessories. Any idea about the rest of the stuff. They have not yet arrived at my dealership. Are you sure it is Leather, I think they are Art leather. 10500, for alloys is not bad at all that too from the company, 17" alloys sound yummm..but I do not know how the handling will change. I am going to look up with the dealership.

When are you going to post pictures? .

Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
So at last I got the official Linea accessories from Fiat India. I waited for almost 3 weeks for this. I have got the mat(Rs.1003) and beige colored full leather seat covers(Rs.7000). I also got the car cover(Rs.1267). Boot mat has not yet arrived.
Interesting part to note is availability of 16" and 17" alloys also. Yes its there in the catalogue, so any one wishing for alloy resize, should go for the official one only. 15" alloy costs Rs.10500.
Old 13th March 2009, 10:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

yes Linea Floor mats,Seat Covers are available in VST Motors Chennai too.
But No MudFlaps and Dicky Mats.
Then One Good news.had done PDI my car on day before yesterday.
Yesterday my car has been registered and will get deliver the car by tomorrow.It's a Linea MJD Emotion pack Minimum Grey.
Awaiting Linea ....
Old 13th March 2009, 11:03   #79
Team-BHP Support

you guys do know that 10.5k is per rim and not for a set of 4.
Old 13th March 2009, 11:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Oh God 10.5k for an AlloyWheel.
I heard the same in Skoda's.But for Less than 10 lakhs car.This is little bit higher side.Though the Alloy looks cool.
What about pricing of other accessories?
Old 13th March 2009, 14:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

waiting to see your linea's pics Dr.Amit, where are they???

Last edited by vijaythacker : 13th March 2009 at 14:07.
Old 16th March 2009, 12:02   #82
BHPian

Got my Linea MJD E+

Guys,
I Got my linea MJD E+ (flemingo Red) yesterday (w/o RTO passing). I guess the dealer wanted to stick to the promised deadline of 2nd week of March. Today morning the dealer has picked my vehicle for RTO passing so by evening I'll get my vehicle with RTO passing. I'll post the pictures today/tomorrow evening.

Let me share with you my experience so far. The whole experience has been a mixed bag with lows and real highs. I have not really updated the forum of my experiences so far with Linea booking so please bear my long post.

TD and Booking Experience:
I was already sold to Linea for her looks it was just a matter of Color and Engine option. On 14th Jan I took first TD of Linea. The sales woman was very good although for some queries she had to get help from seniors sales guys. Then I took second TD on 17th Jan. I was totally in love with Linea (my whole family for that matter ). I booked MJD E+ Red color on 17th Jan with B U Bhandari, Pune with booking amount of 50K. I was told by the sales woman that I would get the vehicle within 3-4 weeks.

Waiting Period:
I was waiting like a little kid all through that long wait period. Initially I was not updated or informed well. After 4 weeks I asked the sales lady on my vehicle's status. She could not provide answers to my satisfaction but surprisingly I got a call from Dealer's GM saying E+ deliveries are taking more time and FIAT is sending email and letter to all the waiting customers. So sure enough I got the letter from FIAT next day apologizing for the delay. The new time line promised was 2nd week of March. I was very disappointed but I wondered 'HECK..I waited for this beauty for more than a year, lets stretch wait for some more days'. Then I got busy with my office work (I figured that is the best way to keep your hyper excitement under check). Then came March, still no word from the dealer. So finally I got crazy when 1st week was over and I called up sales manager of the dealer. To my surprise that fellow turned out to be excellent helper. He was very supportive and did not hide anything from me. He was quickly onto my case and I was updated twice a day from that day on. I was like 'Is that really happening to me?". The next day I wrote to FIAT India about my case (thro' their website form) and to my utter surprise, within couple of hours GM of the dealer called me. He told me that he received call from FIAT about my complaint and they have sorted out matter regarding the delay. I was promoted to the top of the waiting list . I was promised the delivery of Linea on/before 15th March. The last week of waiting period was very busy.

Last Leg of Wait Period:
On 12th march, I was informed that my vehicle is in the stock yard. Meanwhile I got my own insurance done (saved about 4.6K on it) and I was allowed to do PDI at their service centre (thats where dealer does his own PDI) I was fortunate enough to witness the closing moments of dealer PDI. Generally customers are allowed into dealer PDI section. Then I did my own PDI (which I did as per tbhp checklist, many thanks to all Tbhpians) which included short drive. Odo reading was 117Km and that too because vehicles are driven from Rajangaon location. I would request all not to miss PDI especially if you're in pune. All though PDI process I was accompanied by Sr. Service manager who was helpful enough to give me complete demo of car (That tuned out to be better demo than the one I was given during delivery). He even explained me the details of dealer PDi process. When I was satisfied with with my own PDI, the dealer went ahead with invoicing. I paid the full amount on 13 March and told them that I would pick up my vehicle on 15th March , unregistered (weekend being RTO shutdown). One funny incident that I must mention here. When I went in to pay remaining amount, sales lady who was attending me told that alloys would cost extra since they are optional even in E+. I was shocked and shattered to the death:. I actually asked her if she has gone insane. But she kept on saying that alloys would cost extra. Fortunately the nice Sales manager stepped in and resoved the matter in time. Since I almost made a scene there by then, he called me into his cabin and apologized many times for the screw up. He promised to give me many titbits as a compensation for all the headache regarding lack of communication, false information, delivery delay etc etc. I pounced on the opportunity and managed to squeeze out Linea Mats, Mud flaps, wax polish(exterior) and fabric polish(interior) at No Extra Cost. Geez that was like bonus for me. I had to thank that Stupid sales lady before leaving the showroom

D-Day : Delivery day

I reached the showroom at 11AM. Being a sunday there were very few customers so I got the full attention of the staff. The sales manager personally took me through all the process. It was uneventful compared to earlier experiences but it was smooth. I was given full demo of all things. I was kinda shocked to hear that only 1 master Key is given alongwith car and spare key can be used only for locking/unlocking the car. So I guess thats one problem with Linea users they will have to hold onto their sole key very dearly. The whole process of demo and documentation took about 2 hrs and I was explained all the things properly. They even told me to come back for more detailed demo of Blue and Me. I got all the documents except a few since RTO passing was not done.

I must ask exisiting Linea users couple of things
1. Do you really get only one master Key and one spare slave key?
2. Did you get Extended Warranty and debit note later (By couerier)?
3. Music System warranty comes seperate or is included in the FIAT's warranty?

I finally did Pooja and drove the beauty home. Since I did not get the RTO passing done, I had to head straight to home. so could not really drive the vehicle for long period.

Initial Impressions:
The vehicle is a beauty. In city acceleration is very good. I agree that outright acceleration is not so good but hell who cares when you're pampered by this beauty?. The interior is very good and even during my short drive to home I had many curious heads turning to get the good look at Linea. I'll post detailed review once I get my vehicle after RTO passing. so stay tuned...
And thanks for having patience to through this longish post. I wanted to let everybody know about the whole process.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th March 2012 at 02:46. Reason: Removed extra smilies
Old 16th March 2009, 12:21   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Horse!.

It would be great if you could open up a new ownership thread and post all the details with pics. You can also keep updating the thread as and when you munch more miles.

Enjoy the Admiration!
Old 16th March 2009, 12:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Congrats TheHorse! Your wait and patience finally paid-off.

Enjoy the ride!
Old 16th March 2009, 12:37   #85
BHPian

Thanks and I'll open a new thread as soon as I get enough time to play around with the car.
This weekend I'm planning to Visit my in-laws in mumbai. Will post detailed review on Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats Horse!.

It would be great if you could open up a new ownership thread and post all the details with pics. You can also keep updating the thread as and when you munch more miles.

Enjoy the Admiration!
Old 16th March 2009, 14:44   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
Guys,

I must ask exisiting Linea users couple of things
1. Do you really get only one master Key and one spare slave key?
2. Did you get Extended Warranty and debit note later (By couerier)?
3. Music System warranty comes seperate or is included in the FIAT's warranty?
Congrats on the Linea purchase, its an awesome car.

Let me answer your question,
1. Yes, there is only one master key and one spare slave key. You get a security card which you can use to get a duplicate set of keys(master and slave) for about 4500/-
2. Nope, you get the extended warranty provided by Oriental/New india. It is in a seprate booklet with all the info.(Please check your invoice, the extended warranty should be mentioned over there).
3. AFAIK, the ICE warranty card is separate but It is not part of the FIAT warranty, same with the Battery. Anyone else can confrim this?

Enjoy the car and drive safe.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:26   #87
BHPian

Amazing Fe

Drive Mumbai - Pune - Bhimashnakar - Mumbai
Kms driven 581.8.
Top speed touched 100 kmph.
Driven on express highway, pune nasik highway, ghat section and some city driving.
100 % of time AC on.
5 passengers. 4 Adults and 1 Kid.
30.48 ltrs of diesel consumed.
FE achieved 19.08 kmpl.
Multi Display showed FE of 19.4 kmpl.
Old 17th March 2009, 10:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Drive Mumbai - Pune - Bhimashnakar - Mumbai
Kms driven 581.8.
Top speed touched 100 kmph.
Driven on express highway, pune nasik highway, ghat section and some city driving.
100 % of time AC on.
5 passengers. 4 Adults and 1 Kid.
30.48 ltrs of diesel consumed.
FE achieved 19.08 kmpl.
Multi Display showed FE of 19.4 kmpl.
thats a good figure with full occupancy, drive safe and keep updating, was it the regular diesel with system D or extra/premium diesel??
Old 17th March 2009, 10:56   #89
BHPian

No premium diesel to be used in Linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
thats a good figure with full occupancy, drive safe and keep updating, was it the regular diesel with system D or extra/premium diesel??
No! Fiat recommends to use NORMAL diesel and specifically asked not to use the premium one in any case.
Old 17th March 2009, 11:36   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
No! Fiat recommends to use NORMAL diesel and specifically asked not to use the premium one in any case.
Yes, I second that even the manual says to use normal diesel without any additives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks