Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 15:43   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
thats a good figure with full occupancy, drive safe and keep updating, was it the regular diesel with system D or extra/premium diesel??
Normal diesel as per fiats recommendations. Dont wanna experiment.
Old 17th March 2009, 15:48   #92
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntranced View Post
Yes, I second that even the manual says to use normal diesel without any additives.
Could anyone explain, as to why they ask to use Normal diesel?
what if it is adulterated?
Even the premium diesel can be, but just asking out of curiosity.

Old 19th March 2009, 14:03   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
Could anyone explain, as to why they ask to use Normal diesel?
what if it is adulterated?
Even the premium diesel can be, but just asking out of curiosity.
me too would like to know this with any such reasons of not using premium diesel or system D types along??If anyone car explain this.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:21   #94
BHPian

i have booked a linea emotion pack flamingo red too today. a petrol version. i am watching this thread carefully . my car will be delivered in 3 weeks time!!!. congrats to all those proud linea owners
Old 27th March 2009, 21:28   #95

I have been asked to put Normal diesel in Palio too and not the premium one. can someone explain why?
Old 28th March 2009, 01:56   #96
Senior - BHPian

Premium diesel is KNOWN to cause smoke problems leading to issues with EGR and FIP (?) type issues (please see thread by SS traveller)
Old 30th March 2009, 16:12   #97
Senior - BHPian

The FIP / CRDi is calibrated for normal diesel and "diesel on steroids" could cause unwanted deposition in the engine and on the injectors.

This is what Fiat ASC told me.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:55   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
The FIP / CRDi is calibrated for normal diesel and "diesel on steroids" could cause unwanted deposition in the engine and on the injectors.

This is what Fiat ASC told me.
This is exactly what the Sales Exec told me at the time of delivery.

"Saar please dont use any premium diesel, the injectors will get clogged!"
Old 30th March 2009, 19:55   #99
BHPian

Official Linea Spares Cost

Official Fiat Web site for Linea has put this interesting comparison of spares cost of Linea comparing with other sedans for both petrol as well as diesel Linea.
I have attached the pdf of the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SparePartsComparison.pdf (45.4 KB, 886 views)
Old 31st March 2009, 09:07   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Official Fiat Web site for Linea has put this interesting comparison of spares cost of Linea comparing with other sedans for both petrol as well as diesel Linea.
thats a competitive pricing for spares.
i hope fiat is successfull this time around.
iv driven my friends linea dynamic MJD and i just loved the car in all aspects.i didnt find anything negetive about it.
and now the spares are affordable too!
Old 31st March 2009, 09:25   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Is something wrong with the prices there..Pls chk the price of the fuel pump for fiesta. Is it a mistake or it costs so muchRs71,776 for a fiesta when the competitors are around Rs 5000
Old 31st March 2009, 11:52   #102
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
Is something wrong with the prices there..Pls chk the price of the fuel pump for fiesta. Is it a mistake or it costs so muchRs71,776 for a fiesta when the competitors are around Rs 5000

There seems to be some mistake.

How can a fuel pump be priced so ridiculously.

Old 10th April 2009, 22:38   #103
BHPian

hey nice thread. glad to find this here. am a proud owner of a petrol emotion pack.today finally got to test her handling around a corner. took a really tight line at about 50kmh (within city traffic limits) and to be really honest she held her own quite well. now salivating at the thought of driving her on the highway on a curvy route.
Old 6th June 2009, 12:25   #104
BHPian

Update on my Linea-First Service

Well, its long I last posted or updated about my Linea MJD E+ Hiphop black.
I had a long trip to Nathdwara (750 Kms to and from Ahmedabad) last month and it was just amazing. My family(4 adults and one teenager) enjoyed the ride. The handling and ride quality was superb. GC is an issue but luckily I did not scratch the underbody even once. And I got 15.6 FE(tankfull to tankfull, MID showing 15.7) with 100% AC on. (Full Auto Mode with temp. setting at 20*C.).
I went for the first service at Universal Aspi on 02/06/2009 afternoon around 2PM with prior appointment and was really impressed with the quality of service. It took 2.5 hours and I was out from the service station with much more satisfaction as everything was done in front of me. They checked all doors, suspensions, etc. and also realigned the wheels. They had a checklist which they were following very meticulously. At the end, the car was cleaned, washed and polished.
One Mr. Satish Kadia visited my place from Fiat-Pune on 01/06/2009. He was in Ahmedabad to met select Linea owners and to get their feedback. He was serious about this and he told me that there are complaints of poor interior plastic quality and problem with Blue&Me voice recognition and Fiat is doing everything to rectify issues on these feedback.
After 3.5 months of my ownership of Linea MJD E+, I am really happy that I choose this car.
I'll update about other things some time next week.

Last edited by nehamit : 6th June 2009 at 12:27. Reason: spelling corrections
Old 6th June 2009, 13:45   #105
BANNED

Dr Amit

Today morning only I was just thinking that long time there is no post from you & here you are. Congrats on experience of long trip in Linea. 2.5 hours for the entire service is pretty quick & Universal seems to be a top dealer. You are fortunate to observe every service aspect yourself. Was keen to knowhow she performed on uphill ride to Mount Abu had you taken her to Abu from Srinathji

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks