Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 23:48   #76
BHPian

Thanks Guna! How are you finding the AT in the mad Bangalore traffic? How is the FE? The salesperson claims people consistently get 12 kmpl in the city.

Only thing I hated about the car was the way it bottomed out on speed breakers with only three people on board. I was driving the pre-facelift version. Anyway the salesperson claims that the ANHC suspension has not been touched. He reluctantly agreed that the Civic's suspension in fact had been stiffened.
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Thanks Guna! How are you finding the AT in the mad Bangalore traffic? How is the FE? The salesperson claims people consistently get 12 kmpl in the city.
The drive is totally effortless and keeps you fresh even after driving for hours in a bumper to bumper traffic! I am getting about 9.5 kmpl in the city with AC on.
Body scraping the humps with full load is a real issue.
Old 10th October 2009, 21:26   #78
BHPian

Hi CBlazer,
Sorry for replying late to your questions, but I agree with guna on his answers to your questions.

I drive both a manual (fusion) and the Auto (ANHC) in the city. I definitely find the auto effortless in the city drive.

And the ANHC is great on the highways too. No problem in overtaking anything on the highways.
-------
I recently completed my 4th service. paid a toltal of 2676/- which included engine oil change , brake pad cleaning ect.

I am getting an FE of about 10.5 in the city. But drive it gently and it does reward you with good FE figures. But I don't ;-).

The ride is surely bouncy with the ANHC, need to ride it smoothly over bad patches and uneven roads. I am used to doing exaclty the opposite in my fusion.

I want to change the headlights in the car, to make it better for highway drives.

Its now been almost 9 months with the honda and I am quite happy with the car.

I am planning a trip to B'lore early next week , will report on how the car performed when I am back.
Old 10th October 2009, 22:24   #79
BHPian

Thats good to hear netarchie. I am about to send my car for the 4th service and need to know what all things should be done especially in case of ANHC. Could you please put up a review on your 4th service? It would be of great help.
Old 10th October 2009, 23:16   #80
BHPian

4th servie includes, general checkup, engine oil change,cleaning front and rear brakes and body wash.

They wanted me to do an scan for 750/- . I refused as I have an OBD connected all the time to my carpc and I can do my own scans.

They gave the car back to me in about 4 hours, so not much job there
Old 11th October 2009, 19:05   #81
BHPian

Thanks netarchie. And regarding the headlight i have upgraded to 100/90 GE bulbs. Its better for me to handle in highways now.
Old 11th October 2009, 21:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
H

I am planning a trip to B'lore early next week ,
Hey netarchie

when you would in Bangalore, we should meet for a cup of coffee/snacks at least, i would like to have a look at your Hondaputer and learn first hand about your experience.

is it possible, if yes, pl PM me your contact and trip details so that i can touch base with you.

thanks,
Old 12th October 2009, 10:13   #83
BANNED

Quote:
4th servie includes, general checkup, engine oil change,cleaning front and rear brakes and body wash.

They wanted me to do an scan for 750/- . I refused as I have an OBD connected all the time to my carpc and I can do my own scans.

They gave the car back to me in about 4 hours, so not much job there
I would expect the scan (if required) to be part of the standard service protocol and not an extra charge item.
Old 12th October 2009, 11:54   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They wanted me to do an scan for 750/- .
Are they mad and for what? Did they give any reasoning for the same?
Old 12th October 2009, 12:27   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I recently completed my 4th service. paid a toltal of 2676/- which included engine oil change , brake pad cleaning ect.
At what mileage? If possible, the details of the bill or a scanned image, please!
Old 14th October 2009, 12:00   #86
BHPian

I had left for b'lore yesterday morning 4:30 A.M and reached around 9:30 P.M same day,

The boot space of the car is impressive. Made full use of it this time.

I had to fill petrol 2 times before reaching b'lore. Thanks to the acceleration, used it to the max!!

Most of my highway trips previously was with minimum or no luggage in the boot and 2 persons, and I had experienced the swaying thing on the highways. but this time I observed that there was absolutely none this time with boot fully loaded boot and 4 persons onboard (including me) !!

Does adding more weight in the car add to the stability in the car??

My other car (Fusion) weighs less than the Honda and is rock solid on the highway luggage or no luggage!!

Overall the journey was quite comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hey netarchie

When you would in Bangalore, we should meet for a cup of coffee/snacks at least, i would like to have a look at your Hondaputer and learn first hand about your experience.

is it possible, if yes, pl PM me your contact and trip details so that i can touch base with you.

thanks,
I am in b'lore, and please check your pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I would expect the scan (if required) to be part of the standard service protocol and not an extra charge item.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Are they mad and for what? Did they give any reasoning for the same?
They didn't, but I understood, that’s why I did not opt for that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
At what mileage? If possible, the details of the bill or a scanned image, please!
The car had done around 11800 kms that time, will post scanned copies when I am back.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in b'lore, and please check your pm
hey when are you and starVegabond planning to meet up? I would like to catch up with you two. Lets have our ANHC's saying hi to each other too

And yeah, i would love to see those Gizmo's
Old 14th October 2009, 12:23   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
hey when are you and starVegabond planning to meet up? I would like to catch up with you two. Lets have our ANHC's saying hi to each other too

I have responded to your PM, pl check
Old 21st October 2009, 12:20   #89
BHPian

I am back from my trip to b'lore, it was a great trip overall, The FE the car gave was under 13 for the whole 3000 kms odd trip. The car Odo is on 15000 kms as of now.

Mentioned beforeand will continue to mention again, the car performs great on the highways. I love that juicy acceleration the engine churns out!
Had a good time meeting StarVegabond over breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post

I was expecting you for the meet on monday, anyways lets do meet next time.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:28   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Most of my highway trips previously was with minimum or no luggage in the boot and 2 persons, and I had experienced the swaying thing on the highways. but this time I observed that there was absolutely none this time with boot fully loaded boot and 4 persons onboard (including me) !!

Does adding more weight in the car add to the stability in the car??

My other car (Fusion) weighs less than the Honda and is rock solid on the highway luggage or no luggage!!

Overall the journey was quite comfortable.
Depends on the car and how the suspension is set up, at the end of the day it should work towards the closing line i have quoted

If you feel car is too bouncy at the back, first thing to do is check the air pressure. What tires are they running on?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks